Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
I'm not doing anything to ensure anything. I'm not protesting, getting upset or asking for a second vote.

I'm just watching you and your friends f*** this whole thing up, somewhat bemused.

And pointing out what I think will happen. They're observations, nothing more :lolol:

You obviously disagree, so what year do you think you will get your 'no deal'?

Won't be a No deal. It will be some mish mash that has probably been agreed for ages. Just deflecting criticism with outward public arguments at the moment

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Won't be a No deal. It will be some mish mash that has probably been agreed for ages. Just deflecting criticism with outward public arguments at the moment

And now it's my turn to agree with you.

The best theory at the moment is that Tory whips will bring unprecedented pressure on potential Brexit rebels and May is calculating that enough of them will cave in to push her over the line with support from Labour crossovers. I hope she's wrong - the issue of Brexit can only be considered again if we're faced with a no-deal. But if I know that so do the ERG foot soldiers.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
And now it's my turn to agree with you.

The best theory at the moment is that Tory whips will bring unprecedented pressure on potential Brexit rebels and May is calculating that enough of them will cave in to push her over the line with support from Labour crossovers. I hope she's wrong - the issue of Brexit can only be considered again if we're faced with a no-deal. But if I know that so do the ERG foot soldiers.

...and to this can be added this evening's report that the EU is about to agree to kick the NI can down the road. This will guarantee confusion and doubt in Northern Ireland for several years and ensure another cliff edge later on. The Conservative Party, which has spent the past three years running the country for the benefit of the Conservative Party, will worry about this not one jot. They will have postponed a problem and scraped us out of the EU. Nothing else matters to them.

As an habitual centre-right voter I have to say they disgust me.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
How many times can you be whooshed in one day!?

Fine - we'll take that as you can't answer the question .... yet again. Please move abroad now - we need village idiots like you trapped abroad after FoM is halted ..... feel free to take mummy with you if you're too scared to travel by yourself.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
I'm not doing anything to ensure anything. I'm not protesting, getting upset or asking for a second vote.

I'm just watching you and your friends f*** this whole thing up, somewhat bemused.

And pointing out what I think will happen. They're observations, nothing more :lolol:

You obviously disagree, so what year do you think you will get your 'no deal'?

To be honest I still believe that we'll get a deal. It'll probably be the chequers or a watered down version of sorts. Then it'll be simple task of getting it through parliament.:facepalm: I may be wrong we'll have to see.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
To be honest I still believe that we'll get a deal. It'll probably be the chequers or a watered down version of sorts. Then it'll be simple task of getting it through parliament.:facepalm: I may be wrong we'll have to see.

It's almost as if there is a very infectious case of common sense going round on here in the last few days.

Unfortunately 2.5 years too late.

(Don't worry, I think Ppf and Two profs are immune)

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The British Medical Association and the Lancet both say the same thing. You can have Brexit or the NHS. You can't have both.

[tweet]1058651420273053701[/tweet]

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
...and to this can be added this evening's report that the EU is about to agree to kick the NI can down the road. This will guarantee confusion and doubt in Northern Ireland for several years and ensure another cliff edge later on. The Conservative Party, which has spent the past three years running the country for the benefit of the Conservative Party, will worry about this not one jot. They will have postponed a problem and scraped us out of the EU. Nothing else matters to them.

As an habitual centre-right voter I have to say they disgust me.

but it gets the discussion and withdrawal agreement moving so thats good right? because without a withdrawal agreement, the risk of hard brexit on 29th March increases. with withdrawl agreement settled, negotiation returns to future alignments, and utlimatly to a vote on a deal where parliament can say "no" and abandon the project.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
The British Medical Association and the Lancet both say the same thing. You can have Brexit or the NHS. You can't have both.

[tweet]1058651420273053701[/tweet]

So as well as keeping the peace since 1945,the clowns are now claiming the NHS as an EU creation?:lolol:

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
My hopes haven't been dashed - I still believe we will leave ..... and not under the Chequers plan or the Norway model. Most leavers have left this thread for remainers to moan amoungst themselves while they cream themselves and each other at how clever they think they are.

Indeed .. it is often said that many people voted to leave out of frustration at being continually ignored, belittled, patronised and insulted by politicians/elites which is probably true but it has been a real eye-opener seeing the exact same attitude expressed by a section of our fellow countrymen/women (including nearly all remain participants on this thread). They belong to a rather shameful and embarrassing loon minority that seem to have an inordinate amount of time on their hands to abuse people who disagree with them and/or rubbish this great country and its democratic norms .. all very disappointing and thoroughly unbritish.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So as well as keeping the peace since 1945,the clowns are now claiming the NHS as an EU creation?:lolol:

You have no understanding. Nobody is claiming that, and how you reach that interpretation is puzzling. Don't bother answering me, as you just try to be clever, and show that you aren't.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We absolutely can he Brexit and the NHS, it was written on a bus.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Indeed .. it is often said that many people voted to leave out of frustration at being continually ignored, belittled, patronised and insulted by politicians/elites which is probably true but it has been a real eye-opener seeing the exact same attitude expressed by a section of our fellow countrymen/women (including nearly all remain participants on this thread). They belong to a rather shameful and embarrassing loon minority that seem to have an inordinate amount of time on their hands to abuse people who disagree with them and/or rubbish this great country and its democratic norms .. all very disappointing and thoroughly unbritish.

Coming from one of the thread's greatest abusers that's a bit rich. But not to worry - point me towards an example of me abusing people for holding different views to mine on this (or any other) subject. Or rubbishing the UK for that matter.

Try to do it without the usual dreary undemocratic weasel loon morons stuff if you can.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Extraordinary ignorance.

I couldn't agree more.To imply there would be no NHS after Brexit is dreadful.There are so many gullible people who believe everything they read on Twitter.It could cause panic among the middle classes.

Last edited:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

Claiming some sort of victim of abuse status, whilst banging on about the single virtue of Brexit, i.e. it was decided democratically, and calling anyone who wants to democratically decide if we should go ahead before it is too late to turn back, an undemocratic loon, is a bit incongruous don't ya fink?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here