Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Bullshit. Point to me on the referendum where is mentions the single market and customs union.

It didn't but that point was moot as Leave promised us a Great Deal in it's place. Remember the mantra "they need us more than we need them" - thus allaying fears over loss of Single Market / CU access.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
All through the campaign the remain camp said how bad it would be to leave the SM an the CU so by implication the remain camp knew that's what a leave vote meant.

You could read all sorts of implications into anything you want.

Simple fact was that the referendum wasn't on the SM and CU.

It's almost as if you didn't know what you voted for and still don't :shrug:

Garry Nelson's teacher

May 11, 2015
Bloody Worthing!
You could read all sorts of implications into anything you want.

Simple fact was that the referendum wasn't on the SM and CU.

It's almost as if you didn't know what you voted for and still don't :shrug:

I'm not going for the old 'all Brexiteers are thick trope', but I really wonder what percentage of the electorate (leavers and remainers) have even a basic understanding of these complexities? No way of knowing of course, but the point is that even if the SM and CU were 'on the table' I really don't think people really took them on board. Freedom of movement, yes; but the Irish border, CU and SM I really don't think so. Only an opinion but I used to try to teach this stuff and, even at the end of the course, I'm not sure many really grasped it and they certainly didn't have a clue at the start (= poor teaching, I know!).

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
You're privy to the outcome of negotiations then ? Or do you mean it 'may' become trickier depending what happens ?
Theresa May just made a big thing about ending our right to free movement, although I suppose she could get the elbow soon, granted.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
And you sir are snidey no mark hiding behind pathetic multiple personalities!

Simply not true. I hide behind nothing and use one account and one account only. And snide? When have I ever been snide, I come out with exactly what I think so again, more of your bullshit. So change the record pal, your lies butter no parsnips here. If you don't want to get called out, don't post nasty, Tory bile against the poor. Truly vile.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

firstly what are you doing watching the daily mail? secondly that video has another truth in it, that there was no campaign of information, just portents of doom and promises of jam. thirdly British airplanes not landing in Europe is going to be a problem in many EU countries. for all the bellyaching about the problems here, no one seems to recognise they are all reflected in the EU. no planes, no tourists; UK GDP in the toilet means knock on effect for EU, using the same gravity models telling how bad loss of trade with EU will be on us. i dont know why those involved keep ratcheting up the stakes making a last minute climb down more and more politically difficult.

daveinplzen

Aug 31, 2018
firstly what are you doing watching the daily mail? secondly that video has another truth in it, that there was no campaign of information, just portents of doom and promises of jam. thirdly British airplanes not landing in Europe is going to be a problem in many EU countries. for all the bellyaching about the problems here, no one seems to recognise they are all reflected in the EU. no planes, no tourists; UK GDP in the toilet means knock on effect for EU, using the same gravity models telling how bad loss of trade with EU will be on us. i dont know why those involved keep ratcheting up the stakes making a last minute climb down more and more politically difficult.

Hurts them more than it will hurt us? You think?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Hurts them more than it will hurt us? You think?

if you want to say that, i did not. if you want to be pragmatic about it, there is unquestionably a opposite effect that remainers here seem to be ignoring. i believe the europeans are aware, so hopfuly some sanity will prevail.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Quite right. They can't wait to distance themselves from the racist bullshit spouted by May at this conference. And I cannot blame them one bit.

I think enough is enough now. The EU should tell Theresa May and her ramshackle government to do one and stop wasting everyone’s time. Either by design or by incompetence they have boxed themselves into a corner with the DUP and her red-lines. If you want no-deal you can have it. If you don’t and you are genuinely trying to reach a deal......we are sorry but we can’t be bothered any more.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I can’t believe anyone still thinks we will get a good deal.
The worse the EU make it for us, our economy tanking, no trade deal, etc, will scare other countries toying with the idea of leaving. A lot of this is an opportunity for the EU leadership to strengthen their hold on the remaining 27 countries, and the brexiteershave played right into their hands.
If you think this is hyperbole, think what happened to Greece when they stepped out of line,.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Interesting one of them anyway, getting slated by the looks. BMW advising there will be 18000+ job loses if it a no deal

Have you seen the amount of German cars on our roads?
What cars will the British people buy, if they can’t buy German, seeing as we have next to no domestic car manufacturers ourselves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here