Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I see Obama and his puppet were playing golf yesterday.Clubs by Calloway,course furniture by Par Aide,& Standard Golf,EZ-GO buggies etc.Does he think we can't or won't get the same quality equipment from China if he starts playing silly-beggars with our trade.Same applies to everything from electronics to garden products-Muppet!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
So long as the corporate world is not fearful, that's fine. The man on the street can go and do one.

The EU (and the remain campaign) in a nutshell....................................

The man on the street will look at immigration jobs and prospects and vote out......

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Hopefully!

3 votes out in the Gold household so far,will be 4 if i can convince the youngest.....turns 18 in May.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Come on then if we are so desperate to stay in the EU why haven't successive governments not given up the £. Nobody has answered this

Because we want access to the EU internal market - essential to our economy and trade - but also want the control and flexibility of our own currency. It is not a difficult question to answer.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
EU trade deals: tradoc_149622.jpg

Post-Brexit trade deals:

BlankMap-World-2009.PNG

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I see Obama and his puppet were playing golf yesterday.Clubs by Calloway,course furniture by Par Aide,& Standard Golf,EZ-GO buggies etc.Does he think we can't or won't get the same quality equipment from China if he starts playing silly-beggars with our trade.Same applies to everything from electronics to garden products-Muppet!

What are you babbling on about?

We already get a lot of our electronics from the far east. Same for cars and loads of other products.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I shall start posting in caps soon if the people hankering after trade deals don't do a little research and find out exactly what they are. Lets say the yanks get to like Marmite, the septics already have a similar but inferior product called Dadmite. To protect sales of Dadmite they put a 50% tariff on imports of Marmite. Doesn't stop the Marmite American appreciation and purchase of Marmite. That just carries on, only Marmite gets a bit more expensive in the USA.
Marmite inc. then decide to combat this injustice so they either buy out Dadmite and junk it, or start producing Marmite in the old Dadmite Factory in the good old USA thus circumventing the tariff on Marmite.
See Cadburys becoming an American product.( Not involving tariffs) There are lots of variations on the above.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
I shall start posting in caps soon if the people hankering after trade deals don't do a little research and find out exactly what they are. Lets say the yanks get to like Marmite, the septics already have a similar but inferior product called Dadmite. To protect sales of Dadmite they put a 50% tariff on imports of Marmite. Doesn't stop the Marmite American appreciation and purchase of Marmite. That just carries on, only Marmite gets a bit more expensive in the USA.
Marmite inc. then decide to combat this injustice so they either buy out Dadmite and junk it, or start producing Marmite in the old Dadmite Factory in the good old USA thus circumventing the tariff on Marmite.
See Cadburys becoming an American product.( Not involving tariffs) There are lots of variations on the above.

What if India and China take a liking to Dadmite?

americanBHAFC

Apr 22, 2016
I know I would like to see you guys leave, its in your best interest economically speaking, (majored in econ). Being as Obama was speaking 'on behalf of America' when he was commenting on a Brexit, I was curious to see where the rest of the Americans laid, although our opinion doesn't matter in this.

So I went to a mostly American forum and posted almost word for word the same question. The results were astonishing to be honest. vote.jpg

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Obamas intervention had actually made me away more toward out. If we go to the "back of the queue" on trade then perhaps we can ask them to vacate the airbases they have over here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
I know I would like to see you guys leave, its in your best interest economically speaking, (majored in econ). Being as Obama was speaking 'on behalf of America' when he was commenting on a Brexit, I was curious to see where the rest of the Americans laid, although our opinion doesn't matter in this.

So I went to a mostly American forum and posted almost word for word the same question. The results were astonishing to be honest. View attachment 73956

Thanks for posting, unfortunately a lot of easily led believe that Barack speaks for the USA...... and the UK as well.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Obamas intervention had actually made me away more toward out. If we go to the "back of the queue" on trade then perhaps we can ask them to vacate the airbases they have over here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They can keep them,we just put the rates up..failing that we threaten to remove them and invite the Russians in.......they would soon give us what we want :lolol:

D

Deleted member 22389

So I went to a mostly American forum and posted almost word for word the same question. The results were astonishing to be honest.
attachment.php

Thanks for posting this, may be the Americans are more clued up than I being led to think.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

So I went to a mostly American forum and posted almost word for word the same question. The results were astonishing to be honest. View attachment 73956

Well I think that even American commentators agree that their fellow-countrymen are currently far more interested in pictures of their leader with Prince George or being driven by the Duke of Edinburro than nuanced stuff about European politics. Ask them a question like this and they can only reply one way. It proves nothing. Rather more relevant perhaps are the views of the British and Commonwealth citizens who are living here and will be voting. Check out the poll at the beginning of this thread for that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here