Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Or is it the other way round, you want Britain to spectacularly fail because project fear did so badly as voters saw through it. Remembering that we now have the highest ever employment, how many jobs do you want to see disappear to prove your warped remainer points. I personally believe as do some I know who voted remain that it will be no as nowhere nearly as bad as you lot are currently painting it.

Oh ffs. Grow up.

We are in the EU and we have all these good things but indicators suggest it is about to go to shit. If the EU is so bad why are things so good?

I suspect we need a big firm in a leave area to say "right we are off" and then the shit will hit the fan. Let's hope it isn't Nissan in the NE because an already struggling area will be screwed because some posh ex city boys like Rees mogg and Nigel wanted to have some fun.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
We were told by the Remain side that Brexit would cause serious economic damage. Whilst most aspects of most people's lives were not affected right away it seems more and more likely that the underlying prediction was true. We shall see, but already the UK has gone from having the best growth predictions among leading economies to the worst.

The Leave lies were just that. Straightforward lies. Food will be 17 per cent cheaper. The cost of living will be reduced by £200 every month for the average family. Wages will rise. We will become much richer. Remaining will risk all British armed forces being controlled by the EU Army, the NHS collapsing. There were the unpleasant (and for some frightening) implications that millions of swarthy refugee types were marching towards us, that 72 million Turkish muslims were on their way and, as Nigel suggested, some of these foreign sorts would rape our women. And then of course, there was that £350m. Just one more routine lie, but brilliantly conveyed and, as the Director of Vote Leave says, an absolute game changer that won the referendum.

And you say that most lies were from Remain?

Mmmm project fear included ...

Immediate reccesion /500,000 more unemployed , collapse in growth/GDP

Emergency budget, raising taxes /slashing spending

House price crash

Calais borders moved to Kent

Leaving threatens our security and NATO

Scotland leave the UK

Back of the trade Queue with the US

End of western civilisation - Donald Tusk (yes really)

Whoppertastic

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Mmmm project fear included ...

Immediate reccesion /500,000 more unemployed , collapse in growth/GDP

Emergency budget, raising taxes /slashing spending

House price crash

Calais borders moved to Kent

Leaving threatens our security and NATO

Scotland leave the UK

Back of the trade Queue with the US

End of western civilisation - Donald Tusk (yes really)

Whoppertastic

You're telling a whopping lie here. Nobody sane thought that was all going to happen at once. We all know it will start happening over the next year or two.

Leave voters are very much like the man who jumps off the top of a hundred storey tower block and when they are about half way down give a thumbs up and says "so far so good"!

It's actually rather pathetic.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Sorry, but I think thats a ridiculous assumption.
Turkeys looking forward to Christmas. Just ridiculous.

We'll see, but these people don't think of themselves as turkeys - more as soldiers fighting for their country. For them if the EU impose punitive restrictions on us it will only prove their point. Have you heard Alistair Campbell recently? He's willing to put up with anything that will force us to go back to the EU and beg to be taken back.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Let see how the employment stats fare once the EU pulls its work scheme funding and training funding from areas in the NE and the SW.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Oh ffs. Grow up.

We are in the EU and we have all these good things but indicators suggest it is about to go to shit. If the EU is so bad why are things so good?

I suspect we need a big firm in a leave area to say "right we are off" and then the shit will hit the fan. Let's hope it isn't Nissan in the NE because an already struggling area will be screwed because some posh ex city boys like Rees mogg and Nigel wanted to have some fun.

It's great when people swear because it means they have lost the argument. Thanks

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Apparently the world in the UK is coming to an end because of the leave vote. I got a couple of pension updates this week and the performance of both in the last 12 months have far out stripped any performance in the last 16 years when I took them out. I'm just disappointed I won't get to use my pensions given the UK will collapse soon.

Its called the collapse of sterling. There are 16m in the UK with no savings without such luxury.

Good luck with your pension, you'd be wise to limit UK exposure in the near term

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Apparently the world in the UK is coming to an end because of the leave vote. I got a couple of pension updates this week and the performance of both in the last 12 months have far out stripped any performance in the last 16 years when I took them out. I'm just disappointed I won't get to use my pensions given the UK will collapse soon.

I'm not certain that your individual savings account is going to prove much use as a barometer for the entire UK economy. But it's certainly a comfort to me, and I suspect the U.K. as a whole to know that you're alright, Jack. For now.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
It's a right old mess is Brexit. I'm going to take Andrea Leadsom's learned advice to Emily Maitlis off Newsnight the other week and try and be bit more patriotic and see if that helps............................

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Not True.

Top 10 Stupidest posts on this (any) thread *Official List*

1.) The Clamp
2.) The Clamp
3.) The Clamp
4.) The Clamp
5.) The Clamp
6.) etc ..

:wink:

One of the unfunniest posts on this thread. For it to even start to make sense you'd have to quote the post. For now it just reads that someone has just posted the words "The Clamp" five times, followed by the word "etc" and then the "Top 10" ends at number 6.

Not great at this are you.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
I've been patriotic for 15 whole minutes now and that doesn't seem to have changed much a great deal. I don't think it's going to work.

I saw Lord Hesseltine on Sky News the other day, saying what a disaster Brexit will be, how The Tories are going to rip themselves apart on it and cannot achieve it, how he's actively lobbying Tory colleagues for the revoking of Article 50 because if it's not done then Jeremy Corbyn will be finalising Brexit because he'll be Prime Minister. At least Brexit isn't going to be all bad then. :rolleyes:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I've been patriotic for 15 whole minutes now and that doesn't seem to have changed much a great deal. I don't think it's going to work.

I saw Lord Hesseltine on Sky News the other day, saying what a disaster Brexit will be, how The Tories are going to rip themselves apart on it and cannot achieve it, how he's actively lobbying Tory colleagues for the revoking of Article 50 because if it's not done then Jeremy Corbyn will be finalising Brexit because he'll be Prime Minister. At least Brexit isn't going to be all bad then. :rolleyes:

Unless May somehow pulls some amazing deal for the UK out of the bag or cancels Brexit (her only two options to have a chance of remaining PM) this will certainly spell the end for the Tory party. A timeline of unmitigated disaster starting with the referendum, the disastrous result, the fleeing of Cameron and Johnson. The campaign lies. The pending investigations into wrong doing by MP's. The endless U-turns from May. The abandoned policies. The messy start to negotiations. The hypocritical and outright embarrassing election campaign. The catastrophic election result. The bribing of the DUP. And thats all in the space of a single year.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Thisis the reason May is an utter disaster. Just read it. The same old empty bollocks. "we are going to be bold". How? some solid ideas please, May! not this awful, empty rhetoric. She really does think we are a bunch of idiots.

from the BBC News website:

Theresa May has rejected claims the UK is losing global influence because of Brexit, insisting it will continue to be "bold" on the world stage.

Speaking at the G20 summit in Hamburg, the prime minister said in areas like free trade and counter-terrorism, the UK remained a key international player.

Amid speculation about her future after the election, she said she would take a lead, not "sit back" and be "timid".

"What I see as I talk to leaders around the world is engaging with and working with the UK - new friends and old allies alike - as we leave the EU," she told the BBC's John Pienaar.

"There are no prizes for guessing that the election result did not come out as I hoped it would.

"There are two ways the government can react to that. We either be "very timid" and sit back or we can be bold and that is what we are going to be.

"We are going to bold because the UK is facing challenges that we need to address."

Silly woman.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here