Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Really, most Brexit arguments come down to this, on the BBC site today:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-41172505

Had the EU listened to David Cameron when he asked for concessions on immigration rules, we'd still be in the EU. Personally, I blame EU intransigence for June's vote almost as much as the lying posh Tory Brexit tossers who manipulated people's perceptions of the EU for their own ends.

We really should have had an agreement where free movement from poorer EU countries was restricted, to prevent the British working class being undercut by foreign workers. They were ignored and now we are all going to become poorer and poorer as a result.

Yep. EU gave DC absolutely nothing. Incredible hubris.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
The question raised concerns those McDonald's workers hailing from the UK. I despair of you. Thick doesn't begin to cover it.

So foreign and Eu workers are not among the strikers,then?Keep digging,you utter buffoon.:lolol:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The question raised concerns those McDonald's workers hailing from the UK. I despair of you. Thick doesn't begin to cover it.

Put him on "Ignore ", you won't regret it.:thumbsup:

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
But that isn't remotely true. China is not democratic, yet is at peace with the world because it is no longer a hermit nation and wants to trade. Conversely, the USA is more democratic than most, yet has gone to war dozens of times. Angela Merkel is far from mad, she's just a bit dull (like most East German politicians).

Apart from that, lovely post Looney. :thumbsup:

China has always had isolationist tendencies wereas the USA has always had Pax Americana, the munro doctrine etc. No 2 democracies have gone to war with each other.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I was referring to your statement that we hold all the cards, You cannot seriously believe that still?

Of course, we are a large trading nation. I remember Conrad Black saying we should have let the USA and the EU bid for our attention rather than diving into an organisation that at the time did not particularly want us, He had a point, this was before he had his ass thrown into jail

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
A truthful, well stated argument by Simster replied to with jingoistic hufflepuffle by you.

I dont think jingoistic means what you think it does. Its what I was accusing Mad Merkal of,

Jingoism
Jingoism is nationalism in the form of aggressive foreign policy, such as a country's advocacy for the use of threats or actual force, as opposed to peaceful relations

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Cobblers .. you jumped in with both feet after misinterpreting my point I was discussing the likely parliamentary fall out of Labours U turn and how some Remainers might view this change as a good oppurtunity to keep us in. The links I provided suggested Labours cynical change of position is unlikely to have the desired result re parliamentary arithmetic. This I viewed as good for democrats (people who accept we are leaving/ respect the referendum result) and patriots which alluded to a comment MoS made previously.

I know you don't like facing up to the inherently undemocratic and extreme position you have chosen but that's your problem, not mine.

Misinterpretation is bound to happen when points are as obscure as yours. The trouble is, you seem to regard as base any position that varies from your own. Thus Labour's move towards a softer Brexit could not possibly be genuine; it must inevitably be cynical. Any party that submits to the electorate, or parliament, something different to Downing Street's Brexit tune is of course extreme, undemocratic and calculating.

You tell me that I don't like facing up to my honestly held position. Patronising and ignorant tosh I'm afraid. I am perfectly happy with my position. However, there does seem to be something of the DDR about your definition of democratic.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
He's got it, by Jove he's got it, as Dr Dolittle night have said. That's just about exactly what I meant.

The last time a doctor said I'd got it, I was on antibiotics shortly after.... :lolol::thumbsup:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I dont think jingoistic means what you think it does. Its what I was accusing Mad Merkal of,

Jingoism
Jingoism is nationalism in the form of aggressive foreign policy, such as a country's advocacy for the use of threats or actual force, as opposed to peaceful relations

No. I know what it means. I used it exactly how I wished, thank you so much.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Put him on "Ignore ", you won't regret it.:thumbsup:

Maybe if you put Brexit on ignore,it might go away.He dishes it out,and gets it back-it's what life's about,snowflakes don't last long.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Maybe if you put Brexit on ignore,it might go away.He dishes it out,and gets it back-it's what life's about,snowflakes don't last long.

It will go away, but only if exposed under a harsh light, not by ignoring it. You on the other hand are of little consequence to anyone and ignoring you presents no danger.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
It will go away, but only if exposed under a harsh light, not by ignoring it. You on the other hand are of little consequence to anyone and ignoring you presents no danger.

Woke you up though,Mr Baldeagle!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

And I have no problem with whatever anyone throws back at me. It mostly amuses me. Although you do push the boundaries of utter stupidity.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
And I have no problem with whatever anyone throws back at me. It mostly amuses me. Although you do push the boundaries of utter stupidity.

oooh,you are awful,but I like you!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here