Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

D

Deleted member 22389

No problem. It is nice being able to interact with the rest of the world and not being shut away on a wet isolated island!

You talk about Leavers like we have never travelled anywhere. I have been to Europe plenty of times. I have been to Italy more times than you have had hot dinners. I love Europe, I just hate the EU.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
No problem. It is nice being able to interact with the rest of the world and not being shut away on a wet isolated island!
Where's all this isolation rubbish come from?
Do you want your mummy to hold your hand again because you're scared to so called be alone?

We're a European country and a very diverse country and a country that will never be alone as it's near on impossible to be frank.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
We'd get on just fine. Your perception of me is based on NSC posts. We'd have a chat, disagree ,then you can buy me a beer. :cheers:

You're probably right actually.

melias shoes

Oct 14, 2010
You talk about Leavers like we have never travelled anywhere. I have been to Europe plenty of times. I have been to Italy more times than you have had hot dinners. I love Europe, I just hate the EU.

That's what they can't understand. Europe as a place is great. The EU itself is a corrupt dictatorship. They just see everyone who voted to leave as racists. It's the failsafe the fall back on. It gives them comfort. The can't see the fact that we see the EU in a different light to them.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012

Nice variation on the "my mum is Italian" card :wink:

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
That's what they can't understand. Europe as a place is great. The EU itself is a corrupt dictatorship. They just see everyone who voted to leave as racists. It's the failsafe the fall back on. It gives them comfort. The can't see the fact that we see the EU in a different light to them.

I perfectly understand the idea that the EU is remote and undemocratic, as do many remainers. No one thought it was a bowl of peaches but a 'corrupt dictatorship' is hyperbole.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly

You should get together with Lord Lawson, hates the EU so much that he now lives in France

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
You should get together with Lord Lawson, hates the EU so much that he now lives in France

I'm certain that plenty of Germans hated the Nazis but loved Germany and equally plenty of Spaniards hated Franco but loved Spain. It's the same with the EU, so choosing to live in Europe isn't at all unusual. Did you really think that we would just all choose to live here?

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I'm certain that plenty of Germans hated the Nazis but loved Germany and equally plenty of Spaniards hated Franco but loved Spain. It's the same with the EU, so choosing to live in Europe isn't at all unusual. Did you really think that we would just all choose to live here?

Well his grandkids won't find so easy to do the same, another one from generation selfish

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It is not about travelling is it! I was born with the right to move, live and work freely anywhere in the EU and, now, people are trying to take that away. That is what is disgusting.

Indeed there's a bit difference between having a visa waiver program, and having the right to travel, live, student, have access to healthcare etc. I reckon those who want an European passport should be allowed it, personally I'd be happy to pay the 37p a day to keep it

D

Deleted member 22389

It is not about travelling is it! I was born with the right to move, live and work freely anywhere in the EU and, now, people are trying to take that away. That is what is disgusting.

So are you going to be stuck in this country forever never allowed to live and work in Europe?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here