Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
There is one thing about this 'remainers think Leavers are racist'.There are a lot fewer of the remainers now!:OWonder if all the people who have changed to Leave are racists now?:wink:

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I would very much doubt that. When I last looked there weren't any non-European countries in the EU - so we're all the same race. Might be different in years to come if Turkey ever gets in.

We are all the same race, whatever colour we are.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
There is one thing about this 'remainers think Leavers are racist'.There are a lot fewer of the remainers now!:OWonder if all the people who have changed to Leave are racists now?:wink:

What makes you think that leaving is more popular now than at the time of the referendum?
I would have thought that death rates among old and stupid people are higher than among the young and intelligent, so I would reckon Leave voters numbers are diminishing fastest.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
What makes you think that leaving is more popular now than at the time of the referendum?
I would have thought that death rates among old and stupid people are higher than among the young and intelligent, so I would reckon Leave voters numbers are diminishing fastest.

I don't get the insults (from both sides)

'....among old and stupid people.'

BTW it's faster, not fastest.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
I was just querying your assertion that millions of remainers think that all leavers are racist, a claim you seem to repeat here. It's wrong of course, ludicrously wrong, but if people need to adopt the mantle of victimhood so be it.

Bearing in mind that over 15 million voted remain why wouldn't 2 million of them think leavers are racist? That's only 13%.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Bearing in mind that over 15 million voted remain why wouldn't 2 million of them think leavers are racist? That's only 13%.

I doubt there are 200 that think all leavers are racist.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum

You probably would imagine that,but you would be very wrong.Perhaps instead of imagining things,you could visit the real world.If you look at every support the EU rally,it's mainly daft looking couples who both look like Michael Foot in his dotage,plus at weekends they drag their really pistoff grandchildren along.The massive rally they held in Florence wouldn't have filled a bus shelter,and I bet not as many went home after!A lot of young intelligent people are not bothered if we are in or out.They just want to get on with life,no time for boring crap.Try reading some YouGov or other surveys and broaden your mind a bit.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I think most of us don't mind the insults too much.It's always a sign that the other side have lost.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
You probably would imagine that,but you would be very wrong.Perhaps instead of imagining things,you could visit the real world.If you look at every support the EU rally,it's mainly daft looking couples who both look like Michael Foot in his dotage,plus at weekends they drag their really pistoff grandchildren along.The massive rally they held in Florence wouldn't have filled a bus shelter,and I bet not as many went home after!A lot of young intelligent people are not bothered if we are in or out.They just want to get on with life,no time for boring crap.Try reading some YouGov or other surveys and broaden your mind a bit.

I read a lot of polls and Surveys after the referendum, what was shown was that the older you were the more likely you were to vote Leave, it was also shown that the lower your level of education, the more likely you were to vote leave. These are not things I imagined.
I don't see it as an intelligent position to be not bothered if we are in or out, I am pretty sure most of the intelligent young people would have a preference one way or the other, and if polls and surveys are to be trusted, most of them would want to remain.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

I doubt very much that 2 million people think that every last Leave voter is a racist. I'd have thought that about eight or nine people would be more accurate, if that. But if you want to think that millions of your fellow countrymen see you as some sort of BNP member, then I can't stop you. Seems a bit sad to demonise remain voters in this way though.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
I would imagine there is a lot greater chance of Saudi women being given driving licenses,than us remaining in the EU!

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex

1/ Its sinking in amongst the young Corbynistas that the Labour policy of nationalisation would come up against difficult obstacles from EU competition law if we remained members of the single market. Their calls for remaining in the EU are becoming ever quieter.

2/ Even young people grow up. The old intelligentsia category have a growing influx of replacements of people that used to be young and foolish but now have life skills and invaluable reasoned knowledge in the think tank.

God bless the oldies!!!

Jan 30, 2008
I read a lot of polls and Surveys after the referendum, what was shown was that the older you were the more likely you were to vote Leave, it was also shown that the lower your level of education, the more likely you were to vote leave. These are not things I imagined.
I don't see it as an intelligent position to be not bothered if we are in or out, I am pretty sure most of the intelligent young people would have a preference one way or the other, and if polls and surveys are to be trusted, most of them would want to remain.
stop waffling, no one gives a toss , they really don't ,WE'RE LEAVING THE EU, YES I WILL REPEAT LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAVING THE EU:thumbsup:
regards
DR

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
1/ Its sinking in amongst the young Corbynistas that the Labour policy of nationalisation would come up against difficult obstacles from EU competition law if we remained members of the single market. Their calls for remaining in the EU are becoming ever quieter.

2/ Even young people grow up. The old intelligentsia category have a growing influx of replacements of people that used to be young and foolish but now have life skills and invaluable reasoned knowledge in the think tank.

God bless the oldies!!!

The new EU regulations promote competition for the market between rail operators irrespective of ownership structure, but not privatisation. As far as renationalisation is concerned the reality is that, unless the rules are interpreted in an extreme way, they do not make it any easier or more difficult than the structure in place at the moment. The only thing that the new system will almost certainly rule out is state monopolies that do not have to compete with rivals to win franchises, renationalised or otherwise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here