Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Sorry I meant to edit that. Doesn't make much sense. What I tried and failed to explain was Cameron was out of touch and the result was an indication of just how far out of touch he was.

i agree as well it makes no sense at all.
surprised it took you this long to make your U Turn

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
i agree as well it makes no sense at all.
surprised it took you this long to make your U Turn

I hve not U turned. I stand by my argument.

Do you see why nobody can be arsed to debate with you? You don't read things properly. You don't take people at face value. You assume everyone is there to be argued with. You stalk posters that you disagree with and won't let subjects go. I think it's time to join the ranks of the many who won't engage with you on here.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
You are guessing that immigration played no part in why Barnsley voted for Brexit, and previously you referenced the high proportion of white British people in Barnsley to substantiate your guess.

You may think you are informed but you cannot know the voting intentions of 100,000 people.........and that is why you are way off the mark.

I'm surprised you need it spelt out but you live and learn.
1. I did not reference the high proportion of white people to substantiate my guess - 'Commonwealth immigration' was something raised later by a Brexit person in an effort to rubbish my thoughts.

2. You say that I cannot know the voting intentions of 100,000 people and that is why I am way off the mark.. By that token no one can ever advance any assumption about anything without talking to every single person in the country. And if you don't talk to everyone you must definitely be wrong whatever your conclusion is. All I did was 'hazard a guess' after talking to people, listening and trying to understand. And Heaven only knows where you got your 100,000 from.

It would be nice if you weren't so aggressive.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I hve not U turned. I stand by my argument.

Knock yourself out, you stand by your argument that Cameron didnt think the country wanted a referendum in the first place if you want.
Buts its wrong.
Poll after poll would have informed him the majority of the public did want one.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Knock yourself out, you stand by your argument that Cameron didnt think the country wanted a referendum in the first place if you want.
Buts its wrong.
Poll after poll would have informed him the majority of the public did want one.

And yet he went ahead with a referendum he was convinced would get a Remain vote. Even though you claim he knew a large amount of people wanted to leave. Very odd. And I didn't say he didn't know it. I said he didn't believe it.

Last edited:

Jan 30, 2008
Seems the twisting has taken a different course. Not content in trying to twist hy people voted out, now we have the twisting of the reasons Cameron had a referendum.
Shall we do the full twist and pretend that Cameron never called a referendum, there was no majority vote, we are still in the EU......hurrah.
some people really need to get a grip, time to close this thread down:thumbsup:
regards
DR

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
And yet he went ahead with a referendum he was convinced would get a Remain vote. Even though you claim he knew a large amount of people wanted to leave. Very odd

Christ on a bike. He would have known plenty of people wanted to Leave....i dont need to claim it
It was a political gamble.....it didnt pay off......end of.

But let me sum up your argument that Cameron didn’t think the country wanted a Referendum anyway for you, perhaps you will have a light bulb moment.

CAMERON: So whats the verdict chaps do the people want a Referendum?
ADVISORS: We have bucket loads of polls. The overwhelming majority want a Referendum
CAMERON: I see, so the public don’t want a Referendum after all

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Christ on a bike. He would have known plenty of people wanted to Leave....i dont need to claim it

But let me sum up your argument that Cameron didn’t think the country wanted a Referendum anyway for you, perhaps you will have a light bulb moment.

ADVISORS: We have bucket loads of polls. The overwhelming majority want a Referendum

Hard work isn't it.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Nope, you're still talking shite. He didn't believe the public wanted to leave. Fact.

Off to bed

Tatty bye

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
I don't care either but I was responding to a person who didn't accept that immigration wasn't a practical issue in Barnsley in spite of the fact that every key statistic, not to mention the lifetime resident of the town I just had breakfast with, confirms that there are essentially no immigrant issues here.

Here is you quoting "key statistics" and asserting that they "confirm" there are essentially no immigrant issues in Barnsley........ergo you conclude that immigration was not a dimension in the motives of the tens of thousands of Barnsley voters who voted Leave.

But you don't know this at all, and therefore you cannot "confirm" anything.

What you have done is taken a guess and overlaid it with your own prejudiced logic that because Barnsley is 96.5% white then they can't have a reason to complain about immigrants.

You know best........the eternal refrain of remainers.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Nope, you're still talking shite. He didn't believe the public wanted to leave. Fact.

Off to bed

Tatty bye

Correct, he believed the public would vote to stay.
But this is not what i said or you are originally claiming

You are claiming he didnt think we wanted a referendum in the first place.
well one half of you is claiming that anyway, not sure what the other half of you is doing amongst that box of frogs

Last edited:

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
Here is you quoting "key statistics" and asserting that they "confirm" there are essentially no immigrant issues in Barnsley........ergo you conclude that immigration was not a dimension in the motives of the tens of thousands of Barnsley voters who voted Leave.

But you don't know this at all, and therefore you cannot "confirm" anything.

What you have done is taken a guess and overlaid it with your own prejudiced logic that because Barnsley is 96.5% white then they can't have a reason to complain about immigrants.

You know best........the eternal refrain of remainers.

Utterly pathetic. There is absolutely no point talking to you.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
That's your opinion, I consider handing billions of taxpayers money to a group of unelected technocrats to be a long way from a good deal. As a net contributor to the EU it is laughable to hear the refrain of how the UK benefits from "free trade".

It's like people saying the NHS is free.......it's not like the EU it costs UK taxpayers billions of pounds.

Of course we surrendered controls on our borders, it's simply absurd to argue otherwise.

It is a lot more than just free trade that benefits us all, the EU laws you so abhor are for the large part law that we require, to ensure that flags don't catch fire, kids toys don't blind kids and that kind of stuff. This does not just happen, it requires testing and evaluation and engineers and scientists and bureaucrats and lawyers. By sharing the cost of this across 28 nations, there is a massive saving. Because we operate the same trade deals with the world, the EU negotiates on behalf of all 28 and is able to get better deals by being a bigger market, the biggest market in fact, this also gives us savings and advantages that we will lose.

When did you cross a UK border without showing your passport?
We are likely to still have arrangements with the EU that mean those coming here do not need to apply for any kind of visa, as we do with many other countries, where no visa is required, for stays of up to 6 months, for business or leisure.
What you are grumbling about is the right to work here, not the right to enter.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Can someone let me know how Brexit will affect Calde returning to the Albion sometime in the future?

And if this wasn't considered and mentioned in the Leave campaign, can they explain WHY?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here