Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Norwood & Sidwell

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I believe Sidwell is a good experienced head to have at the club, not convinced by Norwood yet as not convinced he was not a panic buy but either way both are far superior to the alternative of Ince or recalling JFC if that is possible.
No recall possible on any of our loaned out players.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I believe Sidwell is a good experienced head to have at the club, not convinced by Norwood yet as not convinced he was not a panic buy but either way both are far superior to the alternative of Ince or recalling JFC if that is possible.

It's not. Thankfully. Not even in the Rotherham team tonight.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Kayal and Stephens are class. Sidwell can step up to close to their level but not Norwood. But lets see, they will have my 100% before, during and after

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Are these two of sufficient quality to fill the gap that will be left by the absence of Stephens and Kayal on Saturday? If not, why did we sign them?
We signed them as cover. If they were better than Kayal and Stephens, then Kayal and Stephens would be the cover (and, incidentally, if that were the case we'd probably be winning this league at a canter!)

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Honestly, although it didn't go brilliantly last time I'd rather play Bruno in midfield than these pair. Or play him with these two and put Hunt at RB. Playing 4-4-2 with Norwood and Sidwell would be suicide.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Whos the bench cover, is Holla still around? Wouldn't be surprised with a 4-4-1-1 with Murphy in front of sidwell and Norwood

Sent from my GT-I8262 using Tapatalk
Holla has gone.

With 5 of the 26 man squad injured, Stephens suspended, and assuming Ankergren is out of the picture then it's 18 from 19 available - with Ince likely on the bench, and Hunemeier the unlucky 19th pick.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
We won't play 4-4-2. Simple as that. I imagine we will play Murphy as an attacking midfielder and let Norwood and Sidwell sit. I'm not sure Wednesday are the strongest in CM so there could be worse games for this to happen in.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
4-5-1 away from home I think would create more quality chances. 4-4-2 we create loads of half chances but don't even hit the target with those and let the other side into the game without the first choice CM pairing I think you change it up.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
We signed them as cover. If they were better than Kayal and Stephens, then Kayal and Stephens would be the cover (and, incidentally, if that were the case we'd probably be winning this league at a canter!)

This is the clear and straightforward truth. It's just bad luck that they are both out at the same time.

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
It's about quality not quantity sadly as we need more than two decent midfielders if we want to compete... :)

Definitely, but these are back up players and weren't supposed to be a regular first team partnership.

It would be almost impossible to have 4 players of the quality of Kayal and Dale and keep them all happy and playing regularly

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Do you really expect us to be able to have four players of the same quality as Kayal and Stephens and keep them all happy? I think we are as close to that as is possible.

Steve in Japan

NSC Patron
May 9, 2013
East of Eastbourne
This is the clear and straightforward truth. It's just bad luck that they are both out at the same time.

With 2 combative central midfielders, it's a racing certainty that they won't both be available on numerous occasions using the season. It's not bad luck, it's very predictable IMO.

I think the expectation is that Norwood and Sidwell can and will step up. The fact we haven't seen that yet is a concern but thats why we signed them.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Ofcourse they are not quite as good as Kayal and Stephens, if they were they would be starting on a regular basis.

Are they excellent back up.. absolutely. I maintain that we have the best group of 4 centre midfielders in the divsion.

Stop your whining, its what squads are for.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here