Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What will cost us this season...

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
It's a shame all the positivity of last season has disappeared from NSC. People need to be able to cope with a few setbacks and not go to pieces with such ridiculous exaggeration. Pull yourselves together and stop this self indulgent group therapy is my advice !!!!!!!!

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Last season it was goals!

It was also conceeding equalizer's in the last few minutes in games as well. (Burnley - Home, immediately springs to mind!) Win that, and we would have been up automatically!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Every damn thing is now in place - except proper strikers. Either TB makes the funds available to put these in place in January or it's yet another season of scrubbing around and maybe just scraping into the play-offs as the high point of the season, rather than any kind of credible launchpad into the Premier League. And the players who might do most to get us that far won't be overly-inclined to hang around forever. So we either go up this season, or we're looking at a major rebuild in the Summer.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
That's us fvcked then. Brentford sliced through our defence like a knife through butter by doing nothing more exotic than running directly at us. We're extremely vulnerable to any team that does does the same. Have been for yonks. The easiest teams for the Albion to play against are the ones who do what we do i.e. painfully slow build-up with little or no end product. Luckily there's quite a few of those about at this level. Which is why we invariably make the play-offs and invariably go no further.

Absolutely spot on. We look insanely terrified when teams get past Kayal/Stephens and simply run directly towards goal. I'm surprised more teams haven't figured this out yet.

Last edited:

May 27, 2014
Littlehampton
Absolutely spot on. We look insanely terrified when teams get past Kayal/Stephens and simply run directly towards goal. I'm surprised more teams haven't figured this out yet.
EVERY TEAM looks terrified when another team runs at them.Just because we conceded twice against Brentford doesn't mean we're particularly worse at it.

There aren't many teams skilled enough to do do it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
EVERY TEAM looks terrified when another team runs at them.Just because we conceded twice against Brentford doesn't mean we're particularly worse at it.

There aren't many teams skilled enough to do do it.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I don't fully agree with this. I think it's partly down to the fact we play 2 in midfield, where a lot of sides play 3.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
It's a shame all the positivity of last season has disappeared from NSC. People need to be able to cope with a few setbacks and not go to pieces with such ridiculous exaggeration. Pull yourselves together and stop this self indulgent group therapy is my advice !!!!!!!!

Indeed it hasn't been a bad start, so much in football is about confidence. We need to just get behind the team, Murray is having a lean patch but will come good.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Every damn thing is now in place - except proper strikers. Either TB makes the funds available to put these in place in January or it's yet another season of scrubbing around and maybe just scraping into the play-offs as the high point of the season, rather than any kind of credible launchpad into the Premier League. And the players who might do most to get us that far won't be overly-inclined to hang around forever. So we either go up this season, or we're looking at a major rebuild in the Summer.

This with bells, trinkets and a dirty big Texan bar on the top...

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I have the solution!

Convert one of our central defenders to striker. We have plenty of them and all now fit. It worked with Virgo. Just need to figure out which of the four would do the job best. Or maybe Bruno, as Hunt can obviously deputise at RB. There it is .... the answer to the problem staring us in the face. Hughton can thank me in due course.
Dunk was top scorer including the strikers a couple of years ago .Duffy and Goldson centre backs. Job done.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
There really is a lot of negativity on here about the club that everyone supports.

Brighton fans got the ride of their lives last year. We are up there challenging again this year and we are getting all of our injured players back to full fitness and some people seem to be able to see into a crystal ball in that we won't be successful this year. This being so then why even play the games on Saturday and Tuesday ? Lets just look at the teamsheet and the score that wins the score predictor thread, lets just allocate those scores each week.

No point in going out and wasting energy on 90 minutes of football. No point in meeting your mates for a beer before the match. No point in having a nice stadium. No point in football because some people seem to be able to predict what will happen.

Well I say that's all a load of shite. Very few on here could have predicted what would happen last year to Brighton and the same applies this year because football is not played on paper. Enjoy what is at present very good times because surely you haven't forgotten how bad it can be and was just 2 or 3 years ago

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Why is everyone so obsessed about going up and facing the prospect of getting tanked every other week? After a few drubbings it will soon get boring, yes the club will get a few quid trouble is your overheads rocket skywards to.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Most seem to think the lack of a 4th striker would cost us. I see that Piazon has scored for Fulham against Bristol City is that the same player on loan from Chelsea who played for Reading.

Last edited:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Most seem to think the lack of a 4th striker would cost us. I see that Piazon has scored for Bristol City is that the same player on loan from Chelsea who played for Reading.

So you think we should go back in time and sign a player ?
Even if time travel were possible how do you know he would want to sign for us ?
Maybe there's a reason Chelsea wanted him at Bristol City ?
If he had an equally great start to the season but hadn't scored any goals (if perhaps he had enabled others to score) would you be advocating his signing ?
If he doesn't score in the next 5 games for Bristol City would you advocate not signing him ?
The transfer window has closed so from now for a few months at least surely finding the right combination of our existing resources is the priority ?
Really not meant as a dig but just chucking random names of strikers around just seems an extraordinary waste of your time.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
So you think we should go back in time and sign a player ?
Even if time travel were possible how do you know he would want to sign for us ?
Maybe there's a reason Chelsea wanted him at Bristol City ?
If he had an equally great start to the season but hadn't scored any goals (if perhaps he had enabled others to score) would you be advocating his signing ?
If he doesn't score in the next 5 games for Bristol City would you advocate not signing him ?
The transfer window has closed so from now for a few months at least surely finding the right combination of our existing resources is the priority ?
Really not meant as a dig but just chucking random names of strikers around just seems an extraordinary waste of your time.

He is at Fulham playing against Bristol City. My point is he was reasonable at Reading and obviously didnt feature in Chelsea's plans so is he a player we should have chased after our major target proved to be unavailable that is not to say he would have wanted to join us.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
He is at Fulham playing against Bristol City. My point is he was reasonable at Reading and obviously didnt feature in Chjelseas plans

Well that makes even more sense. If I were a young player at Chelsea then Fulham would be the obvious destination for a loan. My point I think is that there is a lot more to a transfer than availability and there is no reason to think that BHA will have their pick.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
You don't win thr league by scoring goals, you win the league by not conceding them.

Based on gut feeling or detailed research? Here is position of last 5 Championship winners:

Burnley joint 1st in goals scored, 1st in goals conceded;
Bournemouth 1st & 1st;
Leicester 2nd & 2nd;
Cardiff 2nd & 2nd
Reading 5th & 2nd

So basically you have to score more than pretty much everyone else and concede fewer. It is not binary. The moral is if you attack a lot, your defence is not put under pressure, and if you defend well you can nick 1-0s. Offence and defence work in combo.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
This is the worry, how many players have we had that come back from injury half the player we had beforehand - Lua Lua, Bong, CMS, Hoskins, Crofts

Rosenior is the only one I can think off who came back a good player and then that Reading :tosser: does him again

Stephens ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here