Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brighton & Hove Albion vs Reading *** Official Match Thread ***

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Jury in - he's a downgrade signing on Kayal n Stephens
Hang on a second, that's not exactly fair now is it?

Had you said KFC n Ounce then it might have got interesting.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
22 shots - 5 on target. Maybe they should try aiming at the goal during training?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
It's the League Cup. We've been shit in it for approximately 39 years

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Another game where we have displayed how poor we are with the final ball. Our approach play is as good as most at this level but our crossing and set pieces are awful. This is a major concern in the months ahead. Makes you wonder what the hell is going on at the training ground.

To be fair our crossing / set pieces have always been awful. It's almost as if we don't practice them at all.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Losing can become a habit.

From great expectations this season, I am seriously concerned about our constant missed chances. Also concerned about poor defending with our back up defence.
Just hope we can stay in touch and sort out the striker weakness in January cos Murray is not the answer!

Striking is not the problem. Its the service or complete lack of it. Even the keeper was up at the end and we still couldn't deliver a decent ball in.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Striking is not the problem. Its the service or complete lack of it. Even the keeper was up at the end and we still couldn't deliver a decent ball in.

Disagree. Hit the bar, number of very good chances straight at keeper or on the line. Very concerned that we have 3 months with this strike force. Midfield don't look like chipping in with any goals either

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010

Have we ever progressed beyond round 4? Seriously, I don't remember reaching round 5.
1966....saw a good run...disposed of Orient, Norwich and Coventry. Played Northampton at home in round 4...unlucky to draw 1-1. High hopes in replay. Got edged out 0-8.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!

Have we ever progressed beyond round 4? Seriously, I don't remember reaching round 5.
1966....saw a good run...disposed of Orient, Norwich and Coventry. Played Northampton at home in round 4...unlucky to draw 1-1. High hopes in replay. Got edged out 0-8.
I remember that run. I believe Eric Whittington scored our goal v Northampton. I was there (aged 10).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here