Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

#Alone

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
so the Albion have never recovered from being two nil down. At home. With 25mins left? Like er, like Charlton last season? Or are you mystic meg and won the lottery last night as well? Rubbish! Games can and do change in a moment. Especially with an eager crowd backing them from the stands. To say you could see it was always going to end as it did is nonsense. You just never ever know in football. Ow, and pampering children makes for a very unhealthy society. I'm fairly sure it was the Dads wanting to leave too, not the kids. So that's boll ocks too.

We weren't two nil down with 25 minutes to go against Charlton, it was 2-1 (and we weren't playing badly in that game, or at least not as ineptly as we were yesterday)

That said, this is yet another of the 'look at me, I'm a better fan than you' threads. You must be really happy with yourself.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
A bit middle-classist, surely? I was stood (in the pissing rain) waiting for my bus well after the final whistle and there were a good number of middle class looking types there getting rained on with me. Also, a very grumpy maybe 10 year old who had nothing good to say about the Albion. His dad threatened to not bring him to another game if he didn't stop whinging. I'd call that good parenting.

Sorry. I didn't mean to generalise. I should have chosen my words better. Yesterday was miserable but looking forward to the Huddersfield game.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I always look at it like this - do you want Albion to win? Yes. Will leaving on 75 mins help? No. Could staying on and cheering them on help? Yes.
If you choose not to, then of course that's everyone's perogative but staying on might just help gain an extra point here and there. Hughton said pre season how he notices the ground emptying towards 90 mins and so do the players so anything we can do to give them a tiny little boost can't hurt. But again, we all have different circumstances and we have all paid our good money to be there so everyone can ultimately do what they like.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The point is you didn't know that, there are many sheep in life and they need telling what to do. So stay and support your team at least until they start the engines up in the coach park. The English fan mindset needs changing. You have a part to play and it's Not sneaking off like the proverbial rat. Play your part Roland. Games can and do change.

So we all have to be sheep and do as you want us to do? Portlock Sheep.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Those 6,000 are mostly from the Withdean era. Sure, there's a lot of young Albion fans who are very passionate and insist on staying until the end. When I was young the thought of leaving early horrified me "But we might miss a goal, Dad".

A generation was lost over that period replaced by middle-class people who just see football as fashionable now. :down:

People have left early to get home, or because they can't stand it, or because they're with kids, or because they're old and want to get on the bus first, or are simply fed up from losing, from football matches for generations.
They did it at the Goldstone. They did it at the Withdean. They do it now.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
One of the many shockingly poor things about yesterday. Crowd were awful in general, as usual the team have to lift us rather than us lift them.

Only thing that seemed to get us going was a referee who somehow managed to have a worse performance than the albion. Some of the most consistently poor officiating I have ever witnessed.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
We weren't two nil down with 25 minutes to go against Charlton, it was 2-1 (and we weren't playing badly in that game, or at least not as ineptly as we were yesterday)

That said, this is yet another of the 'look at me, I'm a better fan than you' threads. You must be really happy with yourself.

It gets better, pop over to the did you leave early thread, there you will find the OP said he left early. So he starts a thread moaning about people leaving early forgetting to mention he was one of those early leavers.

[emoji41]

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
The point is you didn't know that, there are many sheep in life and they need telling what to do. So stay and support your team at least until they start the engines up in the coach park. The English fan mindset needs changing. You have a part to play and it's Not sneaking off like the proverbial rat. Play your part Roland. Games can and do change.

Remind me, what time did you leave? Again you still haven't answered the question. So what if the team did come back from 2- nil down. What's it matter to you, you would have still seen it and enjoyed. Those that left would have missed it, their problem, not yours.

[emoji41]

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
I always stay to the bitter end, however awful the game. But that's what I'm like; I tend to finish things I've started - I always read a book to the end, even if it's not doing much for me, I never walk out of a film, if I'm running a race I always keep going however much my legs hurt and however bad my time...
But the way I see it when a load of people leave early from the Amex is that there's a positive side to it. For a start, they tend not to be the people who are positively contributing to the atmosphere by enthusiastic singing or chanting, so they are no loss to the atmosphere in the stadium (more likely the opposite judging by the two behind me who left early yesterday, after spending most of the match screaming stuff like "shift it, you lazy fat w****r Hemed"); further if 30% of the stadium have left before the end, that's several thousand fewer people clogging up the train queues at the time when I leave, which is helpful on balance.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

same old drew. Anyone disagreeing with you is always labelled "a look at me thread." It's always your default response, whatever it's meant to mean that is. I think the lady doeth protest too much.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I always look at it like this - do you want Albion to win? Yes. Will leaving on 75 mins help? No. Could staying on and cheering them on help? Yes.
If you choose not to, then of course that's everyone's perogative but staying on might just help gain an extra point here and there. Hughton said pre season how he notices the ground emptying towards 90 mins and so do the players so anything we can do to give them a tiny little boost can't hurt. But again, we all have different circumstances and we have all paid our good money to be there so everyone can ultimately do what they like.

Correct. The moaners moan it's a free country, you pays your money so can behave like a knute, the team should get the crowd going not v.v.....none have the brains to see it from a different perspective which is why little old Brighton will always be little old Brighton. Not partisan enough. Not caring enough. Too selfish and self-entitled to support their club properly like try do at Anfield, St James and Selhurst.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
same old drew. Anyone disagreeing with you is always labelled "a look at me thread." It's always your default response, whatever it's meant to mean that is. I think the lady doeth protest too much.

Not sure where that comes from. You've started a thread which seems to imply you're better than those supporters that leave early and then someone else posts that you actually left early anyway!

Think you will struggle to find too many comments from me along the lines you suggest.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Whoever is saying I left on 70mins is either lying or a bit too stupid to interpret sarcasm on another thread. It's easily done. My level of sarcasm depends on the person I'm speaking to's level of stupidity. To be clear I think there's leaving early (for whatever reason e.g. Get a head of the traffic on 85mins). And giving up, which is leaving with 25mins to go as thousands did yesterday. The former is understandable. The latter disgraceful.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Whoever is saying I left on 70mins is either lying or a bit too stupid to interpret sarcasm on another thread. It's easily done. My level of sarcasm depends on the person I'm speaking to's level of stupidity. To be clear I think there's leaving early (for whatever reason e.g. Get a head of the traffic on 85mins). And giving up, which is leaving with 25mins to go as thousands did yesterday. The former is understandable. The latter disgraceful.

To be fair I think Drew called it right, it's a look at me thread, you also need to work on your sarcasm as it's clearly not working.

[emoji41]

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Coupled with people who seem unable to watch the first half without leaving their seats and the ones returning two or three minutes after restart ........We have one lad along from us who almost without exception gets us up twice in first half,normally after 15mins, then two mins before half time. He sometimes gets back before restart but midway through half presumably goes for pee and always leaves on 85 ish mins.:rant::rant::rant:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Correct. The moaners moan it's a free country, you pays your money so can behave like a knute, the team should get the crowd going not v.v.....none have the brains to see it from a different perspective which is why little old Brighton will always be little old Brighton. Not partisan enough. Not caring enough. Too selfish and self-entitled to support their club properly like try do at Anfield, St James and Selhurst.

Anfield, St James, and Selhurst? I've been to those grounds and seen fans leaving early. Unbelievable that a Brighton fan should say that Palace fans are better.
Stop running your own fans down.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I used to be a die hard fan. At the moment, I feel I'm losing a bit of love for the game. Not because of yesterday's performance, more to do with the money grabbing nature of the club and astoundingly bad customer service from those in charge of the club that I have witnessed recently. I know this is the way football is going, but I'm starting to feel that I no longer want to move with the times. I will probably go on attending and enjoying games, but only up to a point. If I have to miss a match occasionally, it doesn't bother me like it used to. We all like or love football to different degrees. So what? Stay or leave early, do what you want to do. I left on 86 minutes because I wasn't enjoying it. If that upsets a few over-sensitive footballers, I really couldn't care less.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here