Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

#Alone

kevbha

Feb 5, 2012
newhaven east sussex
i would never leave early regardless weather we were winning or loosing. But you would think some people on here would have more things in life to worry about than weather the person next to them has left early. FFS

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
so the Albion have never recovered from being two nil down. At home. With 25mins left? Like er, like Charlton last season? Or are you mystic meg and won the lottery last night as well? Rubbish! Games can and do change in a moment. Especially with an eager crowd backing them from the stands. To say you could see it was always going to end as it did is nonsense. You just never ever know in football. Ow, and pampering children makes for a very unhealthy society. I'm fairly sure it was the Dads wanting to leave too, not the kids. So that's boll ocks too.

The point being we didn't come back did we, and if we did, what difference does it make to you. I can't understand this dictatorship attitude of yours that what you say goes. People who leave early for what ever reason will at some point in the season miss a comeback and it's them that will miss out, not you. So what are you moaning about exactly?

[emoji41]

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I left on 85 minutes to get back and help set up the gazebo for my daughters birthday party.

Sorry.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
I left on 85 minutes to get back and help set up the gazebo for my daughters birthday party.

Sorry.

Not 25mins before the end. Acceptable. Could do better mind I.e why not hold the party at the Amex? ;)

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
The point being we didn't come back did we, and if we did, what difference does it make to you. I can't understand this dictatorship attitude of yours that what you say goes. People who leave early for what ever reason will at some point in the season miss a comeback and it's them that will miss out, not you. So what are you moaning about exactly?

[emoji41]

The point is you didn't know that, there are many sheep in life and they need telling what to do. So stay and support your team at least until they start the engines up in the coach park. The English fan mindset needs changing. You have a part to play and it's Not sneaking off like the proverbial rat. Play your part Roland. Games can and do change.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
i would never leave early regardless weather we were winning or loosing. But you would think some people on here would have more things in life to worry about than weather the person next to them has left early. FFS

Yes, this is the only thing I'm worried about. I've solved everything else in my life so I thought I'd tackle something trivial.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Is that the same for most clubs in this league then as I would say that anyone who buys a st is as die hard as anyone or are you going back to the withdean days with an ancient philosophy ?

Except they're not. Do carry on with this spurious theory however.

Me and my Monkey

Nov 3, 2015
Those 6,000 are mostly from the Withdean era. Sure, there's a lot of young Albion fans who are very passionate and insist on staying until the end. When I was young the thought of leaving early horrified me "But we might miss a goal, Dad".

A generation was lost over that period replaced by middle-class people who just see football as fashionable now. :down:

A bit middle-classist, surely? I was stood (in the pissing rain) waiting for my bus well after the final whistle and there were a good number of middle class looking types there getting rained on with me. Also, a very grumpy maybe 10 year old who had nothing good to say about the Albion. His dad threatened to not bring him to another game if he didn't stop whinging. I'd call that good parenting.

HantsSeagull

Aug 17, 2011
Caught in a Riptide
whilst i agree with the OP up to a point and I am not a fan of leaving early - it really annoys me that everyone accuses the East stand of being the worst offender. Is that because you all sit (and I include the @wearebrighton twitter mob in this) in the north and the west and can't see that your stands are equally at fault and just as ****ing empty as the east.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Very very disappointing to see hundreds of fans leave on the 70th (seventieth) minute when Brentford scored their second. In the East especially, scores of Dads taking their kids towards the exit - what sort of parenting is that? Club should take details and pass onto Social Services to take them into care. In the words of Klopp, the mentality of British fans needs changing. We are there to do a job. Not sit there like a TV audience. What sort of signal does it send to the players when with 25minutes to go thousands of fans have given up (and don't bother with all the sarchy replies about players gave up long before, that's garbage). Nope it's embarassing and disloyal. Makes a mockery of the clubs mantra.

So should we change it to #alone? On the evidence of yesterday, it would be far more appropriate sadly. Sort yourself out if you were one of those tantrum throwing early leavers and get back in your seat next time. Queue loads of 'I've paid my money, I can do what I want' replies (which is entirely the mentality Klopp was on about needs changing!)

You will notice I gave you a thumbs up for your post and rightly so - The part I highlighted I found hilariously funny. A brilliant slant to the post.

I do disagree though on one part of the leaving early scenario. Not having been to the match I cannot say how bad the display and performance actually was; however sometimes if the players are not putting in 100% the leaving early on mass sends a message of discontentment to the manager and it drives home that there is something he needs to sort out for the next match.

I know Chris and I know that if it was lack of commitment from the players then he will have slaughtered them yesterday after the match and he will make every effort to sort it out for the match on Tuesday but sometimes the leaving early drives that message home to him. Not nice leaving early but it can sometimes serve a purpose.

It would be great if all fans stayed to the end and applauded the team whether they play well or whether they play badly but if you do that then it can set a bad example that not giving 100% is acceptable. It is NOT.

Yesterday was a ''bad day at the office'' These things happen but we all know that those same players are capable of better and you will see better once we get into our rhythm but the fans need to help drive them more than ever on Tuesday when they are in the ground.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
whilst i agree with the OP up to a point and I am not a fan of leaving early - it really annoys me that everyone accuses the East stand of being the worst offender. Is that because you all sit (and I include the @wearebrighton twitter mob in this) in the north and the west and can't see that your stands are equally at fault and just as ****ing empty as the east.
Hahaha, that's so true! The lower west seemed to empty quickest from what I could gather.

Jan 30, 2008
Very very disappointing to see hundreds of fans leave on the 70th (seventieth) minute when Brentford scored their second. In the East especially, scores of Dads taking their kids towards the exit - what sort of parenting is that? Club should take details and pass onto Social Services to take them into care.

In the words of Klopp, the mentality of British fans needs changing. We are there to do a job. Not sit there like a TV audience. What sort of signal does it send to the players when with 25minutes to go thousands of fans have given up (and don't bother with all the sarchy replies about players gave up long before, that's garbage). Nope it's embarassing and disloyal. Makes a mockery of the clubs mantra.

So should we change it to #alone? On the evidence of yesterday, it would be far more appropriate sadly. Sort yourself out if you were one of those tantrum throwing early leavers and get back in your seat next time. Queue loads of 'I've paid my money, I can do what I want' replies (which is entirely the mentality Klopp was on about needs changing!)
get proper fans in by lowering the ticket prices and get rid of over zelous stewarding FOOTBALLS ON A SLIPPERY SLOPE , CAN SEE THINGS GETTING WORSE WITH THE OBSCENE AMOUNT OF MONEY IN THE GAME, FOREIGNERS IN CHARGE OF CLUBS, EGOTISTICAL PLAYERS AND SLEAZY AGENTS , all to look forward to???
regards
DR

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I left on 75.

I was becoming increasingly vitriolic towards the pathetic performance of the team and of the referee. So, after more than a few glances in my direction from various stewards I decided to remove myself from the situation before they decided to act.

Personally I find all this hand wringing about people exercising free will about as woeful as you do my choice to leave early.

Live and let live.

nordicgod

Top banana
Jul 21, 2011
polegate
Could still be sitting in the seat now(Sunday 12:23) and brighton still wouldn't have scored, it was a terrible game so went on the 85th minute, my choice

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
Being devil's advocate, here, please don't shoot!

I didn't see the game, though lots of people leaving would indicate they no longer like what they are seeing- bit of a waste of ticket price etc. may#.##

Maybe the players need to give fans a reason to STAY, and CHEER, for the full 90+ minutes..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here