Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Slow ticket sales for Brentford

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
There are more season ticket holders this year as people jumped on board for the, ahem, Premier League.

If you were going to choose one game to attend, particularly given the possible train shenanigans, you'd choose Saturday over Tuesday night wouldn't you (assuming you had the ability to actually get to both)?

What are the season ticket holder numbers v last season? Wasn't aware they had gone up, would be interested to know the numbers.

And yes you are probably right about the choice between the two, although I do know some people who much prefer an evening game albeit the travel arrangements are a negative factor.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
What are the season ticket holder numbers v last season? Wasn't aware they had gone up, would be interested to know the numbers.

And yes you are probably right about the choice between the two, although I do know some people who much prefer an evening game albeit the travel arrangements are a negative factor.

I think we are back up to around the 22-23k mark, which is why we'll probably average around 25,000 announced for most games this season.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I am getting bored of saying it but I feel pretty confident that if you made seats in the South stand 'Twenty´s plenty´ then they would shift A LOT more.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I am getting bored of saying it but I feel pretty confident that if you made seats in the South stand 'Twenty´s plenty´ then they would shift A LOT more.
That's cheaper than the cheapest adult season ticket pro-rata price isn't it ? ???

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
That's cheaper than the cheapest adult season ticket pro-rata price isn't it ? ???

Maybe compared to a top seat in WSU or East it is but I think it is a fair price to pay in the smallest stand behind the goal game by game.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

And that's the problem. People will moan about it. I pay this the club do that boo hoo sob. We ll get a seat there then. Personally I'm a WSU STH and have no problem if they bang out tickets for twenty quid there. Maybe 25 as that was generally the withers price. Don't have to do it every game and like a hotel maybe only start 48hrs before or something.

I dunno but I would rather see seats filled than empty.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
And that's the problem. People will moan about it. I pay this the club do that boo hoo sob. We ll get a seat there then. Personally I'm a WSU STH and have no problem if they bang out tickets for twenty quid there. Maybe 25 as that was generally the withers price. Don't have to do it every game and like a hotel maybe only start 48hrs before or something.

Agree. Those south stand seats rarely shift neither do the west wings. I'd much rather they were full, I don't really care what price they knock those out at.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Agree. Those south stand seats rarely shift neither do the west wings. I'd much rather they were full, I don't really care what price they knock those out at.

Great isn't it when the TV highlights show a goal at that end. I guess the whole shift the away fans debate has been done to death.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

It would have to be more like the Easyjet/Ryanair pricing process, wouldn't it? Sell them cheap at launch and then price more expensively/remove the offer as you move towards the game.

If people knew that cheapo (relatively speaking) tickets were released just before each game, very few people would buy before that time.

I agree with the premise though - I'd love to see the South Stand full and raucous each and very match.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
It would have to be more like the Easyjet/Ryanair pricing process, wouldn't it? Sell them cheap at launch and then price more expensively/remove the offer as you move towards the game.

If people knew that cheapo (relatively speaking) tickets were released just before each game, very few people would buy before that time.

I agree with the premise though - I'd love to see the South Stand full and raucous each and very match.

Yeah that would work! Thats the sort of thing. rouble is you would probably have to switch off NSC for a bit if the club did that because there would be too many moaners sadly.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

That might well work. If the club introduced Earlybird pricing, you'd be taking a punt on Sky not moving the fixture. Same as with early pricing savers on the trains.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
That might well work. If the club introduced Earlybird pricing, you'd be taking a punt on Sky not moving the fixture. Same as with early pricing savers on the trains.

Well now that there is the 6 week rule or whatever it is regarding Sky, there is a "window" in which the club can operate that scheme.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Agree. It looks poor. We need to be bold and get those seats filled.

It shouldn't matter but it does.

Highlights of other games shows swathes of empty seats at many grounds and we know the Amex isn't like that, but then our game pops up and the Amex actually does look a bit like that. It feels a shame because the attendances at the Amex have been consistently amazing and it's disappointing that others watching on TV may be thinking "small crowd at Brighton today".

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

The pro-rata price of a North Stand (or SWC) season ticket is £20-60 for renewals and £21-50 for new STHs - and it only works out that cheap if you attend all 23 league matches. If you were to start knocking out the equivalent seats in the South Stand at £20 then you could probably kiss goodbye to all of your Zone A STHs next season, as well as a fair number of people that have a season ticket in Zone B, particularly those that miss 3-4 games a year due to evening matches and Sky rearrangements.

The occasional friend for a tenner game works well, as does cheap kids' tickets offers, but there's no need for drastic measures; we already sell an average of 25K seats a game!!!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The pro-rata price of a North Stand (or SWC) season ticket is £20-60 for renewals and £21-50 for new STHs - and it only works out that cheap if you attend all 23 league matches. If you were to start knocking out the equivalent seats in the South Stand at £20 then you could probably kiss goodbye to all of your Zone A STHs next season, as well as a fair number of people that have a season ticket in Zone B, particularly those that miss 3-4 games a year due to evening matches and Sky rearrangements.

The occasional friend for a tenner game works well, as does cheap kids' tickets offers, but there's no need for drastic measures; we already sell an average of 25K seats a game!!!

I didn't say every game and the whole point is to fill up the empty seats. Two points missed, in fact three because I said £25 which was the equivalent Withers price. But otherwise well done.

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
A season ticket is a guarantee of a seat. Not a tit for tit on pricing for an empty section of the ground. Next season you could stop your ST and run the risk of getting a match by match one, not sitting with your mates etc.
Why on earth would people moan about 500 or so tickets being flogged for £20 when it improves atmosphere etc

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here