Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Satisfied with our business?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
It has been a decent window. Now fully covered at every defensive position, the central midfield has been boosted, it looks like all the players we wanted to keep will stay, and we have added Glenn Murray upfront who will end up scoring 20 or so goals for us.

I'll settle for that if that's all we get. That said there is still a possibility of a last minute exit for Stephens, if that happens I would expect one or maybe two more to come in to lessen the blow.

For those screaming for more goals Murray and Hemed have both scored plenty of goals in this division, Knocky is already up to three, Murphy and Dunk et al all capable of chipping in too. For me the key is keeping it tight at the back hence the signings of Duffy and Pocognoli being good ones and hopefully the retention of Stephens too.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I'm with you on this. Plus the normal cringy comments from the club. If that was a positive window, I dread to think what a slighty dissapointing window would be!.

We have (so far) retained every key player in the squad that missed out on automatic by a whisker, and we have added Murray, Duffy, Pocognoci and Norwood. Unlike a year ago, this squad did NOT need major surgery to become competitive. So yes, even if nobody else comes in, then overall it has certainly been a positive window.

The only disappointment is the lack of a speedy striker, but we'll hopefully have plenty of goals elsewhere in the team that can make up for that.

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
I'm happy.

For me the priority at the end of last season was to bring in a 20+ goal scorer, I think we've done that in Glenn Murray.

I was also concerned we would lose Kayal, Stephens, Dunk and Knockeart. We haven't.

We improved our defence with the likes of Duffy and Pocognoli who are both an upgrade on Greer and Calderon.

We boosted our midfield with Norwood and Sidwell an improvement on Holla and JFC.

Add this to the fact we have a fit again March and Hunemier I'd say we are in a much better position than we were last season.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm happy.

For me the priority at the end of last season was to bring in a 20+ goal scorer, I think we've done that in Glenn Murray.

I was also concerned we would lose Kayal, Stephens, Dunk and Knockeart. We haven't.

We improved our defence with the likes of Duffy and Pocognoli who are both an upgrade on Greer and Calderon.

We boosted our midfield with Norwood and Sidwell an improvement on Holla and JFC.

Add this to the fact we have a fit again March and Hunemier I'd say we are in a much better position than we were last season.

This. We were joint top scorers last season, have Knockaert, Skalak for a full season. We've held onto our star players (hopefully in the next 6 hours) and a better defence. If we don't concede so many goals, we won't have draws.

Here's to promotion.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
I said before we started if we could keep everyone and add Glenn then I'd be happy

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
An upgrade on Baldock would have been nice, keeping Stephens would be a bonus (especially if we can get him to sign another contract).

Yeah, we're stronger than how we ended last season so can't complain.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
We need another striker. Danny Ings would be ideal but obviously not gonna happen.

Last season we were joint top scorers in this division ! We missed out on promotion because we conceded more than the teams that were promoted. We have retained last seasons strike force and probably improved by replacing Zamora with Murray. The focus this window has been on improving the defence. We have March, Goldson and Hunnemeir returning from injury and it's looking more and more likely that we have retained the best midfield in the division.

DFL JCL

Jan 8, 2016
Yes very happy, upgrades all over the pitch. Seemingly lowered the average age of the squad. Kept all of the players I enjoyed watching so much last season. Bring it on.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
I'm a bit disappointed in the sense that I love seeing a new player holding up the shirt but that's about it really. We've got an almost 20 goal striker in Hemed. Murray has hit the ground running. March is coming back. We've kept hold of Knocky, Dunk and, at least physically, it seems, Stephens.

We've added Poco, Norwood and Sidwell. Goldson is yet to come back. As is Uwe. Hell, I'm even starting to warm to the thought of Manu playing.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
Last season we were joint top scorers in this division ! We missed out on promotion because we conceded more than the teams that were promoted. We have retained last seasons strike force and probably improved by replacing Zamora with Murray. The focus this window has been on improving the defence. We have March, Goldson and Hunnemeir returning from injury and it's looking more and more likely that we have retained the best midfield in the division.

The final table may make it look like that but it's not actually true. We were joint top scorers because we scored hatfulls in the last month but this didn't affect our points total. One more point in the period from October to January, when we were dreadful up front, would've given us automatic promotion

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
"Retaining our best/Key players alone should be considered very positive."

Are you kidding. I thought our goal was promotion. last time I looked. keeping our players shouldn't even be the issue!.

Norwich, newcastle, and a few others have brought in real quality. Are we trying to get out of this league!

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The final table may make it look like that but it's not actually true. We were joint top scorers because we scored hatfulls in the last month but this didn't affect our points total. One more point in the period from October to January, when we were dreadful up front, would've given us automatic promotion

Or not conceding three goals against Boro. We weren't dreadful up front, we had a lot of injuries all at the same time.

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
An upgrade on Baldock would have been nice, keeping Stephens would be a bonus (especially if we can get him to sign another contract).

Yeah, we're stronger than how we ended last season so can't complain.

Yes we're stronger, but this league is much much stronger. It's been known for almost two seasons we needed more pace up front - that's why we had Wilson last year, not that it worked, at the very least I would have hoped for "a poke in the dark" season long loan of a young prem striker or no 10.Still time yet. As for the nonsense of players trying to force a move this will only ever stop when our academy starts firing out boys as like Southampton's, then it would be thanks Dale, you have our blessing as we've got a young lad whos better than you anyway. Overall very pleased with the leftback, centre half decent and others solid.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Yes but you can't ignore the goalscoring form of the final months of the season. This was achieved by players still on the books at the club ...and we have added Glenn Murray. We have started this season scoring goals and I would argue the disappointing performance on Saturday was a result of not playing the first choice midfield. Not much the strikers can do if chances aren't created.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here