Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Surely Palace can't... 16/17

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
Crystal Palace fans launch petition to reinstate stadium announcer

Members of supporters’ group Holmesdale Fanatics have also expressed their concern with recent changes to the pre-match entertainment at Selhurst Park.

A group of Crystal Palace supporters have launched a petition to reinstate their stadium announcer after his replacements fell “way short of the standards” and their overall matchday experience “worsened significantly” in his absence.

Fans were surprised to see the lifelong Crystal Palace fan Mike Rankine – also known as the “Sound of Selhurst” – had been replaced by the club at the start of the season. In a petition launched this week that has already attracted more than 400 signees, they have urged Palace to reconsider and reappoint Rankine to his previous role.

“Shortly before the start of the 2016-17 Premier League season lifelong Crystal Palace fan Mike Rankine was removed from his position as the club’s official matchday announcer,” reads the petition. “His subsequent replacements have – with all due respect – fallen way short of the standards Mike set during his time in the role, with many supporters commenting that the overall matchday experience has worsened significantly over the past five months in his absence.

“I have spoken with Mike and he has made it clear that he would consider returning to the role should the opportunity ever arise. He is a devout, knowledgeable Palace fan who took immense pride in his role as the ‘Sound of Selhurst’ since 2009.

Rankine now finds himself having to shout his wife's first name out when he enters the kitchenette in the morning hoping she will scream her surname back at him and then dance around the caravan park to Seven Nation Army and then Glad all Over. Mrs Rankine said, "He's not been the same since he was removed from the post. He used to be a real Palace fanatic... now he's a sad, miserable, delusional misfit with ideas way above his station... "Oh hang on..." she continued.

At the time of his dismissal, Rankine said on Twitter that the club were “looking at a number of new things for the matchday experience this season and a new voice on the PA is one of them”.

Members of supporters’ group Holmesdale Fanatics have also expressed their concern with recent changes to the pre-match entertainment, including “NFL-esque light shows” and referring to Selhurst Park as a “stadium bowl” which they believe are “alienating our fanbase”.

“The club is in danger of being blinded by the bright lights of the Premier League and our culture is being sold out in the process,” read the message posted by the Holmesdale Fanatics on Twitter and Facebook. “NFL-esque light shows, Selhurst referred to as a ‘stadium bowl’ ... This is everything our club should stand against and all contributes to alienating our fanbase and turns supporters into passive customers.

“As we moves towards a bland generic Premier League identity, we change expectations which leads to negativity. Our recent success was built on a unique proud Palace mentality. We need to get back to basics and remember what brought us this far.”

Palace are 17th in the Premier League after the 2-1 defeat to Swansea. In December 2015, the American investors Josh Harris and David Blitzer bought a large stake in the club with an initial £50m injection of capital.

highflyer

Jan 21, 2016
The bird and light shows, cheerleaders, T-shirt cannons and goal music all make sense now......palace are American. Gritty South Londoners they told us :lolol:

Can we have some new rivals please, this lot are embarrassing.

Not necessarily American. Being majority owned by a company registered in Delaware means you have no idea WHO is really pulling the strongs. Delaware is one of the world's great secrecy jurisdidctions and likely to remain so- Palace supporters now have no idea who really owns their club and what their motivations may be.

As happy as I may be with their on-field woes this is actually not very funny.

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Not necessarily American. Being majority owned by a company registered in Delaware means you have no idea WHO is really pulling the strongs. Delaware is one of the world's great secrecy jurisdidctions and likely to remain so- Palace supporters now have no idea who really owns their club and what their motivations may be.

It is also has very 'relaxed' tax laws. Bung-ageddon??

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton

Yes but Parish and the other three making up the fab four would never allow the club to fall in the wrong hands, we have been told this so many times.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Sam Allardyce has asked if the T-shirt cannon can be included in Palace's 'shots on target' stats.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Yes but Parish and the other three making up the fab four would never allow the club to fall in the wrong hands, we have been told this so many times.

Come now, we've been told time and time again that the Four Chairmen of the Apocalypse are real, dyed in the wool supporters, not like our Chairman, who is obviously only in it for a quick profit.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
What ****s me off is I cant post on the BBS lol

It should be the same in reverse. Sadly we (well the MODS/Owner) are far FAR to liberal and its to the boards detriment. If I had my way there would be an away end ASAP.

KVLT

Sep 15, 2008
Rutland
We all mock, but we won't be laughing so hard if they get a Double Barrel T-Shirt Gatling Gun!

Shoots 60 T-Shirts in 5 seconds no less! :lolol:

The Fish

Exiled Geordie
Jan 5, 2017
It appears the Geordie fans are enjoying Palace fortunes as much as us, for different reasons obviously, they seem to enjoy the fact that Palace are suffering the same fate as they did under two ex managers.

http://www.themag.co.uk/2017/01/stu...eymoon-period-crashes-burns-newcastle-united/

Wow. Some of the Palace fans comments, if BFS doesn't turn this around I can see Prince Charming being set upon next.

A lot of it has to do with the shit we got for wanting Pardew out. We warned the Palace fans what to expect, but were told that we were just bitter, deluded Northern Monkeys. :lol:

Allardyce is a limited manager who can get a team safe in the Premier League, but the football will be shit, he'll take credit for every win and blame anything else for every loss. A trait he shares with Pardew.

I reckon they'll survive because Pardew had them performing well below par, but to claim they've the potential to become a huge club is hilarious.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
A lot of it has to do with the shit we got for wanting Pardew out. We warned the Palace fans what to expect, but were told that we were just bitter, deluded Northern Monkeys. :lol:

Allardyce is a limited manager who can get a team safe in the Premier League, but the football will be shit, he'll take credit for every win and blame anything else for every loss. A trait he shares with Pardew.

I reckon they'll survive because Pardew had them performing well below par, but to claim they've the potential to become a huge club is hilarious.
To be fair, you lot have got form with managers - whether it's your club hiring shit ones, or your fans hounding out or the club disgracefully binning off good ones.

That said, you're spot on here with every single word - especially the last sentence. They are a bunch of scabby jammy chancers who play in probably the most pony "stadium" the Premier league has ever seen, and their fans are a laughing stock who only turn up in the good times. This place is normally crawling with Nigels smugly reminding us of their lofty European and mega stadium destiny. Naturally they are nowhere to be seen now that they are absolute gash - just what you'd expect from the world's best fans and the only ones who know how to generate an atmosphere. :rolleyes:

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
Come now, we've been told time and time again that the Four Chairmen of the Apocalypse are real, dyed in the wool supporters, not like our Chairman, who is obviously only in it for a quick profit.

Yes but that was before they all become Yankee Doodle Dandies and Proud surely?

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It should be the same in reverse. Sadly we (well the MODS/Owner) are far FAR to liberal and its to the boards detriment. If I had my way there would be an away end ASAP.
If NSC had an away end, currently there'd be nobody in it.

:lolol:

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
This has to be the best thread ever ,t shirt cannons lollolollol flashing lights HF in implode mode and you know what **** em hope they slide into div one go bankrupt again Cos we never fought for our ground so I hope they loose theirs ,

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If NSC had an away end, currently there'd be nobody in it.

[emoji38]ol:
There would be all the NSC palace goons posting about how wonderfully rosy life is at palace....

.... before they go back to the BBS where the same posters will be posting about how dire life is at palace.

:albion2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here