Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

1901 Members (Past and Present) What were your expectations when you originally signed up?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Have never been a 1901 member. However some of the responses to this I find pretty sad. It's a football match. Not a luxury spa day or a 5* hotel break with the misses. Football. Beer. Job done.

You quite clearly 'Don't get it' :)

All fans are important from a revenue point of view but the 1901 supporters commit circa £18m per 5 years just in fees.

The more 'corporate' types entertain their clients and some of the wealthier ones put hundreds of thousands via sponsorship's into the coffers to enable us to have the superb squad that we currently have.

WonderingSoton

Dec 3, 2014
You quite clearly 'Don't get it' :)

All fans are important from a revenue point of view but the 1901 supporters commit circa £18m per 5 years just in fees.

The more 'corporate' types entertain their clients and some of the wealthier ones put hundreds of thousands via sponsorship's into the coffers to enable us to have the superb squad that we currently have.

The 1901 supporters absolutely do not "enable us to have the superb squad we currently have". Only one person enables that, Bloom. He underwrites the millions we spend every year to sustain ourselves at this level. Not a few wealthy fans wanting a posh seat to hob nob with ex players and blag their business to one another.

I could understand some being upset at signing up for promises some of which haven't been fulfilled. Although as business folks I'd like to think 1901 of all people would realise a marketing push when they saw one. But as far as I see it, you get the poshest seats in the house and pay accordingly. Some of the expectations here of what people think they should be getting in addition does not chime with a bloody football match in a football ground.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
The 1901 supporters absolutely do not "enable us to have the superb squad we currently have". Only one person enables that, Bloom. He underwrites the millions we spend every year to sustain ourselves at this level. Not a few wealthy fans wanting a posh seat to hob nob with ex players and blag their business to one another.

I could understand some being upset at signing up for promises some of which haven't been fulfilled. Although as business folks I'd like to think 1901 of all people would realise a marketing push when they saw one. But as far as I see it, you get the poshest seats in the house and pay accordingly. Some of the expectations here of what people think they should be getting in addition does not chime with a bloody football match in a football ground.
Luckily, I don't give a toss what you think. :thumbsup:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
We're getting a free ride on the i360 as members who renewed. Canapés and hob nobbing have also been promised.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Some of the expectations here of what people think they should be getting in addition does not chime with a bloody football match in a football ground.

Quite clearly they do.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Some of the expectations here of what people think they should be getting in addition does not chime with a bloody football match in a football ground.

You should know what chimes and doesn't chime, ya bellend.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here