Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murrays on fire, your defence is terrified !

Munchkin

Jul 12, 2005
Littlehampton
These things are organic. After Friday, we're stuck with the "Glenn Murray's On Fire" number now, for better or worse.

Speaking of Friday's songs, just GRAND to see the ever-crappy "Ring Of Fire" binned before kick-off together with all its associated scarf-twirling show of muppetry :wave:

Is was there...

Just a terrible version played by the club.

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
These things are organic. After Friday, we're stuck with the "Glenn Murray's On Fire" number now, for better or worse.

Speaking of Friday's songs, just GRAND to see the ever-crappy "Ring Of Fire" binned before kick-off together with all its associated scarf-twirling show of muppetry :wave:

Happy to move on from RoF, but what on earth was the relevance of The Great Escape BEFORE a match? (0-2 into a second leg, the obvious exception)

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Strange thread.

1. Newcastle sang it first about mitrovic.

2. We stole knockaerts song off Newcastle. And then West Ham took it and we basically copied their words.

So why is it wrong to do it for this?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
In fact, had they not binned work-experience places, I'd have suggested that it was a work experience kid running the PA all evening on Friday - TGE before ko, and then by mistake for a few seconds AFTER ko, terrible effort at fading the volume in / out during GOSBTS, and worst of all, NO gosbts for the second half.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
In fact, had they not binned work-experience places, I'd have suggested that it was a work experience kid running the PA all evening on Friday - TGE before ko, and then by mistake for a few seconds AFTER ko, terrible effort at fading the volume in / out during GOSBTS, and worst of all, NO gosbts for the second half.

Yea it was pretty shocking all round, made worse by the reduced crowd/atmosphere due to no trains.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Wigan song - get your 90's dance albums out and find another tune for Murray

Murray left us in and we caught him red-handed
Playing for the club next door (It wasn't me)
Picture this he was so so hated
The dirty skanky Palace whore (It wasn't me)

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Please stop the Will Grigg song. Please. Cringeworthy.

Too late. It's caught on now, complete with in-seat bouncing in the North. It'll be sung time and time again as Murray surpasses Hemed and Baldock's joint total of goals for last season. In fact he'll probably have surpassed Baldock's total by the end of this month :lol:

albionite

May 20, 2009
Too late. It's caught on now, complete with in-seat bouncing in the North. It'll be sung time and time again as Murray surpasses Hemed and Baldock's joint total of goals for last season. In fact he'll probably have surpassed Baldock's total by the end of this month :lol:

Pretty much this. It's easy words so more join in, init.

Get over it, who gives a fu*k if the song snobs on here don't like it I'd imagine most of those don't even sing

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Build a bonfire... :jester:

Jiri Skalak, Jiri Skalak,
came to us, from Boreslaw
He's a headcase
But he is ace
He'll feed Murray, and we'll score

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Or much more simply, instead of the classic 'let's go ****ing mental'...

Jiri's ****ing mental, etc

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Build a bonfire... :jester:

Jiri Skalak, Jiri Skalak,
came to us, from Boreslaw
He's a headcase
But he is ace
He'll feed Murray, and we'll score

Or much more simply, instead of the classic 'let's go ****ing mental'...

Jiri's ****ing mental, etc

Skalak's chant is just Skalak shouted to the attack, attack, attack attack attack chant. No point messing with what is already genius.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
What's the odds those moaning about songs never sing anyway, they just want to be sung to in an original way

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Someone needs to adapt this into some appropriate words...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6asKv3vHLA

Hey you, don't watch that
Watch this!
This is the heavy heavy monster sound
The nuttiest sound around
So if you've come in off the street
And you're beginning to feel the heat
Well listen buster
You better start to move your feet
To the rockinest, rock-steady beat
Of madness
One step beyond!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Exactly. Songs and chants have been copied and altered since I first started going to football in 1966. Everyone used to sing "you'll never walk alone" with scarves held up like Liverpool and no one batted an eyelid. I believe Celtic still do it. Yeah sure, it would be great if we only sung brilliantly original songs - but that's never going to happen. And it's FAR better that we sing SOMETHING as opposed to just sitting their in silence.

This reached it's nadir a few seasons ago when we used to have that "We are the north stand the north stand the north stand ..." chant. The songwankers complained because Palace had used it. Good job they weren't around in the 1970s when we nicked Palace's "Eagles" chant!

I'm probably nearly your age, but I completely disagree. There again I am such a snob that I pretty much never sang anything at football apart from OUR SBTS until I turned 40. I cringed when the 'seagulls' chant started. The Palace just laughed at us. Fortunately the present lot of Nigels have short memories. But in my dotage I have come to terms with my inner naffness, and will belt out pretty much anything these days. 'Oh Gary Hart', one drunken afternoon, probably started me down this path. I quite enjoy it now. What was the question again?

:lolol:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
What's the odds those moaning about songs never sing anyway, they just want to be sung to in an original way

Serenaded!

I tried to start something in the North once (er, Withdean) and was shushed. Shushed! :ohmy::O

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011

We were surprised to see Glenn's suitcase by the door.
Remember the good times, now he's back for more.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here