Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is Zaha a possibility ?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Or buy him, but loan him straight back to Palace like United did, as we don't need him yet.

Great idea !
Maybe before you loan him back to us, he can train on your state of the art training pitches, ( our ones are notoriously slippery ) and learn a thing or two from the wing wizard that is Lua Lua ? ( well, how to summersault )

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Or buy him, but loan him straight back to Palace like United did, as we don't need him yet.

Once you sell dunk and knockeart you might have enough to test the water with a tentative bid .

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
From what I recall when I looked last, Zaha neither scores nor actually creates (as measured by cold hard assist stats).

We have no need for such a player, given we have wingers highly proficient at doing both.

To be fair Bozza how can you mount up any assist stats when your main striker (if you can call him that) is sick note Connor Wickham :)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Where did Buckley dissapear to ?

Out on a limb. Neither Bridcutt nor Buckley in the pre-season Sunderland friendlies. Gooch and other reserves chosen for he squad instead. Hamstring should be very rested by now.

I like to have a speed merchant in the squad. I don't think any of our current players come close.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com/performance/tactics/hughton-stopping-jet-heeled-striker

Vardy showed what sheer pace can do. I think Lookman, I would like as well.(He could be loaned back. I think Charlton will come straight back up.)

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
That's been earmarked for the £18 mill losses this season.

Thanks for that Dougie, so now you seem to know everything about our club players and now our finances as well maybe you might get a job there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
Thanks for that Dougie, so now you seem to know everything about our club players and now our finances as well maybe you might get a job there.

I'm not Dougie.
I'm only quoting Paul Barber who said you are losing £1.5 mill a month.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Once you sell dunk and knockeart you might have enough to test the water with a tentative bid .

Dont you men either Dunk or Knockhaert and then put the change towards a striker. That is disregarding the fact that Zaha isnt as good as what we have.already, only at diving for penalties.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
:D Clueless old duffer

He is just giving an opinion, remember you are guest on here, so respect please. I know I would rather have Knockhart that Zaha as he scores and create goals. I will not mention Zaha diving reputation but think he had more bookings for simulation than goals a couple of seasons ago, so think he does has some issues with staying in his feet.

Coldeanseagull

Opinionated
Mar 13, 2013
Coldean
Zahahaha always looks like he's going to burst into tears.....if he was bright enough to realise he's not as good as he thinks, then maybe Crawley could take him off the caravan clubs hands

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
He is just giving an opinion, remember you are guest on here, so respect please. I know I would rather have Knockhart that Zaha as he scores and create goals. I will not mention Zaha diving reputation but think he had more bookings for simulation than goals a couple of seasons ago, so think he does has some issues with staying in his feet.

One thing is for sure it appears Benitez would prefer to have Knockheart instead of Townsend. So who is the best judge of a player Pardew or Benitez?

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
One thing is for sure it appears Benitez would prefer to have Knockheart instead of Townsend. So who is the best judge of a player Pardew or Benitez?

Palace met Townsends buy out clause, he was powerless to keep him.
Knockheart is a classy player, no doubt about that, but I think he would disappear against top class defenders.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015

I think to be fair, Townsend had a clause in his contract that if regulated he could go to another premier club that are prepared to pay silly wages. Good player though and very good signing in my opinion and better than Zaha, as he simply makes and scores goals.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think to be fair, Townsend had a clause in his contract that if regulated he could go to another premier club that are prepared to pay silly wages. Good player though and very good signing in my opinion and better than Zaha, as he simply makes and scores goals.

Only by staying on his feet when tackled.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Palace met Townsends buy out clause, he was powerless to keep him.
Knockheart is a classy player, no doubt about that, but I think he would disappear against top class defenders.

Like Zaha you mean, yeah possibly, all about opionons. I was out with a beer a couple years back with 5 Palace fans and one throught he was the bees knees, the other were frustrated with him, as they believe he is not a team man and spends a lot of time sulking when things do not go his way. To be honest I have not seen him play much, remember when he was young at the Amex first season and he looked a real handful, but other times looks very average ( yes I know the 2 he scored against us in the playoff final) but think Bridge got so bored having in in his pocket in previous games. But maybe that sums him up, he can do it, but does not often.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Where did Buckley dissapear to ?

Without his hamstring problems he'd be playing at a much bigger club than Zaha, who was so pony at United.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

He needs to be a lot better than Zaha as he is reported to be on 70k per week which is double the wage of Zaha.
With Cabaye reported to be on 100k per week I can understand Zaha feeling a little cheated with his being made to keep his current contract at 35k a week. Surely such vast differences must cause a rift when things get tough and players like Zaha and Bolasie (who I believe is on similar contract to Zaha) playing out of thier skins and Cabaye and Townsend going through bad patches.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here