Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fans leaving early, Waxxers, obviously.......

Well suck on this, I'm a loyal Brighton fan since 1977, I left my seat at at 330 to go and get beers and returned about 4.15, not only that I was wearing a (non half n half) Lazio scarf, as this didn't impact on any one else, I don't give a shit what any one else thinks

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I wished I had left early - the trains were an absolute effin' disgrace today. Thank God I go on the coach normally

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
What I find hard to fathom is that a fellow 'supporter' offered out a fellow fan because he had the gall to leave a little bit early. From that I would assume that he was either drunk, taken illicit drugs or has anger/mental issues.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I've been supporting since 1961. I stayed for the whole match and I don't care if anyone wants to leave early. It's their choice.

Beat that.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Whats the point of going if you are dipping out before the end of the game:facepalm: Watched the full game a lovely walk to the car at stamner park and home early evening! Some fans don't deserve these facilities:moo:

Tongue-in-cheek, shirley?

Maybe some fans want to spend some quality time with their wife and kids before the long working week ahead? :shrug:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
What I find hard to fathom is that a fellow 'supporter' offered out a fellow fan because he had the gall to leave a little bit early. From that I would assume that he was either drunk, taken illicit drugs or has anger/mental issues.

This...........It's beyond belief that a fellow fan wants to start because someone is leaving early!

It was only a friendly FFS!!

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
I left 5 minutes early because it was either that or pee my trousers in front of 9000 fans. I thought I had made the right choice but now I realise I'm a total bell-end, maybe even a palace fan!
I'm currently searching online for man nappies so I can redeem myself at future games.

I also decided to forego the last ten minutes of watching the substitutes run around - I'd seen what I wanted to see - and definitely did not want the train nonsense on the way home too.

On the way to Falmer there's a train at 14.17 from Brighton - it was full with a crowd of hundreds still waiting. The next train is 14.47 allowing just about enough time to make kick-off but with a terminally mind-numbing 30 minute wait in the cattle pens at Brighton Stn. I'm astonished really that even with the general hopelessness of Southern and the Albion managment apparently incapable of making them think differently, why not put on an extra 3 coach !! train at around 14.30 just to ease the boredom, the burden, and make life simple for fans encouraged to avoid personal transport. Football fans really are taken for mugs these days I feel.

Yes the ultimate insult is seeing trains go through stations and happened after the game so it's not about line capacity or rolling stock but just they cant be f'ing arsed

everyone who left early made the right choice, long waits after

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
There is a right and wrong way to leave early. Player down injured or substitution, excuse me and off down the tunnel versus prolonged goodbyes followed by standing in the aisles to just watch our corner. The latter is just pig ignorant.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I left my seat in WSL B block on about 80 minutes, excuse me excuse me etc etc.. A chap in a home shirt commented about how I must not be very loyal, I laughed it off, he continued. I then pointed out that this was a pre season friendly and maybe not that important, nope that was not good enough for him, he continued to point to people leaving early being a bad thing. I would sometimes agree, 1-0 down with 5 mins to play? You stay.

I informed him that forty years of supporting the Albion would suggest that I do have some degree of loyalty. His response was to offer me a fight! I walked up the stairs towards the exit laughing and offering the obligatory finger.

Gotta laugh I guess?
Just tell him to **** off.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I left after 4 minutes . It was RUBBISH

Sent by 2 old baked bean cans and a piece of string

theboybilly

Another no-show here. It was a friendly and with nothing riding on the result I'd likely have spent all the game drinking on the concourse. So to avoid the trains and to drink cheaper beer I went down the pub. Next week I'll be at the iPro - where it does matter

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I was more surprised than annoyed by the early leavers. £15 obviously means less to them than it does to me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here