Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Turkey no longer the fun holiday destination it used to be.

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
Have been to Fethiye for the last two years and going again this year.

The place is amazing with friendly people, plenty of sunshine and is very safe!

The main market on Tuesdays is fantastic and huge with some good deals to be had on a whole variety of products.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I'm in Fethiye at the moment, would recommend it to anyone, very nice part of the world and some of the friendliest people I've ever met.
Still got another week out here, but I'll definitely be back.......hopefully again this summer !

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Have been to Fethiye for the last two years and going again this year.

The place is amazing with friendly people, plenty of sunshine and is very safe!

The main market on Tuesdays is fantastic and huge with some good deals to be had on a whole variety of products.

I'm in Fethiye at the moment, would recommend it to anyone, very nice part of the world and some of the friendliest people I've ever met.
Still got another week out here, but I'll definitely be back.......hopefully again this summer !

Any tips/recommendations on family style all inclusive type hotels / complexes?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Just back from The Titanic in Lara Beach, Antalya. A fantastic hotel I'd recommend. I've been to Turkey about 10 times in last 20 years and always felt safe.

Problem for locals is that All Inclusive hotels have killed a lot of bars and shops, so now you're paying 15TL (£3.50) a pint where as back in the day you'd only pay 2,750,000TL (70p) for a beer (regular visitors will know what I mean)

Shops are quiet despite good quality football kits for the kids for a fiver and leather Adidas trainers for £20.

Security is incredibly tight at the airport coming home, so allow a bit of time and also be prepared for conflicting reports regarding iPads, kids DVD players etc having to go in the hold, as it's not as simple as that. Security wanted to see all our stuff before it went in the hold.

Friendly people, not just in the hotel. We're looking forward to going again next year.

Just checked it online - looks amazing! Doesn't look like it can cater for a family of 5 though which is frustrating.:cry:

Seagull by the Sea

May 22, 2013
Any tips/recommendations on family style all inclusive type hotels / complexes?

Without question the best hotel is the Barut Sensatori Fethiye. It is truly incredible and caters for adults, families, everybody really!

It is a 5 star complex with 4 swimming pools, 6 restaurants, private beach etc. The all inclusive includes a patisserie with fresh cakes and pastries all day as well. The kids club is the safest and best run I have ever seen and there is so much organised for the kids to do.

Nightly entertainment in an open auditorium with some really good acts (not cheesy!) and for people who want a really late night there is a piano bar after the evening entertainment.

Look it up online. There is also a Facebook group which connects guests before they go and it has so much information on there and thousands of photos etc.

PM me if you want more info!

Tokyohands

Jan 5, 2017
Tokyo
I haven't been to Turkey for over 10 years as i've been here in Japan but the last couple of times I went I stayed in Marmaris. The town was a bit of a mess at that time but the area is lovely and I visited some amazing ancient sites whilst there and met some great people. Some interesting comments on this thread, the one that especially made me laugh was that women are treated badly here in Japan and they aren't treated badly, they're just kept in their rightful place! It's great being a man in Japan but I wouldn't want to be Japanese put it that way.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I haven't been to Turkey for over 10 years as i've been here in Japan but the last couple of times I went I stayed in Marmaris. The town was a bit of a mess at that time but the area is lovely and I visited some amazing ancient sites whilst there and met some great people. Some interesting comments on this thread, the one that especially made me laugh was that women are treated badly here in Japan and they aren't treated badly, they're just kept in their rightful place! It's great being a man in Japan but I wouldn't want to be Japanese put it that way.

:pringles:

Live by the sea

Oct 21, 2016
I'm not looking for Agro on hols, will stick with canaries, same weather if not better without any potential problems.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
No way ! Small world !
What time do you leave ? We're here for 2 weeks so got another week and a bit.
I've stayed at a few Sensatori hotels now and this is right up there with the best, the swim up rooms are a great idea, restaurants are all top quality.......the only downside are the horrendous flight times......our flight home is at 1am !
Seagulls abroad! Just stayed for the final night of a 4 night trip to the TUI Sensatori. The scenery is incredible, the food great. It's a lovely place, if somewhat quiet.

Balders

Aug 19, 2013
Can't beat it for value especially if you golf. 8 of us are going to the Cornelia Deluxe in Belek last week of November, 7 nights All Inclusive, 6 rounds of golf, Transfers, flights with Turkish via Istanbul, 23kg luggage and golf club carriage included..........all for the princely sum of £565 each!!

4 nights with 3 rounds of golf, B&B in somewhere like Portugal/Spain is £600 - £700 depending where you go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here