Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tomer Hemed on his way?

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
On the plus side we already have his replacement.
The flip side is we would need to sign two strikers again.

I can't see this happening tbh, but who knows.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Could it be that he was just visiting friends/family before the season kicks off?

Can't see this happening, or Kayal or Stephens leaving either. We have a great team spirit at the club and we are so close to being ready for the Premier League, players would be stupid to leave such a great set up behind. People need to stop panicking over half-arsed rumours.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If true, why would we be looking to sell our top scorer? He did very well last season - seems odd.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The article Suggests he's being offered €900K a year (net), do we pay players that much?

900,000 Euros NET would equate to about £750k NET here or about £1.4M a year or £27k a week gross. No inside information at all but I reckon that's about the upper limit at Brighton.

9jorjq.jpg

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
If we got £3m or more for him I would sell personally. Scored a decent number of goals this season but a fair few were from penalties. Never looks that convincing when presented with an opportunity and struggles to open up teams and really dominate a defence for a big man. Guess it would depend on whether we can get anyone better for the same/less money as a replacement

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I would be devastated to lose Tomer. I think he is a great player.

That said. It may well be the club who has instigated a transfer. Maybe we have told him and his Agent that there are other strikers coming in and that Tomer's chances of playing would be limited in the coming season. I don't see that being the case though. I don't think we would let him go before tying up replacements.

This is all getting strange with all these transfer rumours floating about. I am not afraid of change because I know he won't let anyone go unless he knows he can bring in better but the interim period is daunting but quite exciting at the same time.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
There's another tweet from someone possibly an israli journo saying they're gonna go back with a better offer...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If we got £3m or more for him I would sell personally. Scored a decent number of goals this season but a fair few were from penalties. Never looks that convincing when presented with an opportunity and struggles to open up teams and really dominate a defence for a big man. Guess it would depend on whether we can get anyone better for the same/less money as a replacement

Most of the time I'm grateful there isn't a thumbs down button, until now.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
I never rated him, too slow and not a natural goalscorer

Not a bad return in his first season in England with someone of such deficiencies.

He strikes the ball well , works hard and that work rate often stops teams breaking quickly on us when we lose the ball

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here