Votes: 1 0.4%
  • My mind has been changed but i am sticking with my original vote

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I voted LEAVE; I'm very pleased I did; I would do the same again.

The FTSE 100 is back almost to where it was last Thursday. The £ is recovering. So much for all the doom-mongers.

As for £350m more going to the NHS. The organisation needs to control its current costs, not be given even more money to fritter away.

And does anyone really believe that Scotland or Northern Ireland will leave the UK so that they can be controlled by a bunch of unelected bureaucrats in Brussels?

I'm not too sure that looking at the markets 5 days later is a particully strong argument, although no doubt Farage and Co will likely use it to claim that they were right and millions of half wits will nod their heads

I'd rather see where we are in 5 years, even then we'll likely never know. If it all goes tits up no doubt we'll hear it was the right thing to do but just done badly, or Europe turned us over etc

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
You ****. If they had a referendum in 1939, tackle Hitler, yes or no, you would be one of the ***** voting to leave them to it. **** me, you don't have a ****ing clue.
A little bit more of a clue than you , judging by youre post immediately after this one.:facepalm:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Who mentioned 'sacrificing peace'? Sorry, but you don't get to choose what I meant by sacrifice. You really need to be a very special kind of belligerent keyboard warrior, to use semantics to argue with someone's suggestion that 6 million dead Poles, or Belarus seeing a quarter of its population wiped out, represent sacrifices.

I've literally no idea what the point of this reply is.

1. Yes, whatever the eventual outcome, I'm completely sure that we didn't flatten Dresden to 'save' its residents.
2. We made huge sacrifices in human and financial terms. Who are you arguing with?
3. What has teaching 'nowadays' got to do with anything.
Oh yes i do, especially when its not semantics , youre just wrong.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Oh yes i do, especially when its not semantics , youre just wrong.

The definition of sacrifice: "give up (something valued) for the sake of other considerations." So the idea that, for example, Russians who gave up their lives to defend their country did not make a sacrifice is totally nonsense.

I can't believe that point even needs to be made.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm not too sure that looking at the markets 5 days later is a particully strong argument, although no doubt Farage and Co will likely use it to claim that they were right and millions of half wits will nod their heads

I'd rather see where we are in 5 years, even then we'll likely never know. If it all goes tits up no doubt we'll hear it was the right thing to do but just done badly, or Europe turned us over etc
I agree with you entirely, need a much longer time horizon to judge, but a lot of remainiacs were using the market fall on Friday to back up the idiocy of those who voted leave........

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
It is this sort of bollocks about WW1 and WW2 that keeps us separated in Europe. Nearly twice as many French lost their lives in WWI and WW2 as British.

that was not the point I was trying to make, we still had to go over there and save them
imagine if we had not done that

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
Here we go the French want discussions over Calias here come the refugees I said brexit would mean more illegals.
Watch out Newhaven. Don't get me wrong I do feel sorry for them especially the Children but this could lead to thousands more heading for the French coast.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
that was not the point I was trying to make, we still had to go over there and save them
imagine if we had not done that

Your rhetoric about what we deserve because of the war is similar to a BNP leaflet that I had put through my letterbox during the 2010 election.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
The definition of sacrifice: "give up (something valued) for the sake of other considerations." So the idea that, for example, Russians who gave up their lives to defend their country did not make a sacrifice is totally nonsense.

I can't believe that point even needs to be made.
Of course there were individual sacrifices , thats not what was being discussed , we , and the French were the only nations that DECIDED, to go to war, that DECIDED, to make a sacrifice, the others had no choice.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Of course there were individual sacrifices , thats not what was being discussed , we , and the French were the only nations that DECIDED, to go to war, that DECIDED, to make a sacrifice, the others had no choice.

It's only been discussed by you. Many people have pointed out how wrong you are but you just decide to ignore these sensible and correct comments to hide behind your wrong view of sacrifice

But if your happy and and are content in making yourself look sillier with each post then thats great and we should all rejoice in this.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
If you are referring to our French brothers, despite having been at war with them more often than not over the last 500 years, French soldiers held the lines whilst our lads and a large number of French bugged out of Dunkirk, we then bombed the shit out of their ports and sunk their navy, including the sailors. From their point of view, we then left them occupied by the Nazis for 4 years before having another go.
Would that be the ships at mers el kebir youre referring to , that the French refused to surrender to us , and were going to be given to the Germans by the Vichy regime ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Would that be the ships at mers el kebir youre referring to , that the French refused to surrender to us , and were going to be given to the Germans by the Vichy regime ?

The French where asked to scuttle their ships at Mers El Kebir, & they refused because they still wanted to use them in battle. We considered that was a danger we could do without, so we sunk them.
I know someone who was on HMS Hood at the time, & via my membership of the HMS Hood Association, met one of the French survivors.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

Funny that after a couple of days the Remainers were predicting doom, now the economy has recovered a bit we can look at the affect after 5 years. Maybe the kneejerkers should have waited longer in the first place before dribbling at the initial reaction.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The French where asked to scuttle their ships at Mers El Kebir, & they refused because they still wanted to use them in battle. We considered that was a danger we could do without, so we sunk them.
I know someone who was on HMS Hood at the time, & via my membership of the HMS Hood Association, met one of the French survivors.
Unfortunately my Grandfather did not survive Dunkirk.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Funny that after a couple of days the Remainers were predicting doom, now the economy has recovered a bit we can look at the affect after 5 years. Maybe the kneejerkers should have waited longer in the first place before dribbling at the initial reaction.

The market will always react with uncertainty, & there's plenty of uncertainty around.

Basically, nothing has happened yet. The Referendum was an opinion vote. Legally, we are still in Europe, until Parliament acts to invoke Article 50.
I've seen ludicrous comments on Facebook about how good it feels to be free etc. Nothing has changed yet.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Here we go the French want discussions over Calias here come the refugees I said brexit would mean more illegals.
Watch out Newhaven. Don't get me wrong I do feel sorry for them especially the Children but this could lead to thousands more heading for the French coast.

Some local politician in Calais said the Touquet accord should end but the French government have confirmed there is to be no change to the border arrangements. Or any of the other bi lateral agreements we have with France. There must be many people who voted remain because of Project Fear as numerous people (including on NSC) seemed to believe or suggested this would actually happen.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No, but BREXIT looks better than I thought ( as long as we retain the same bank access license to the EU ).

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
I wouldn't change my vote. TBH I'm not sure a second vote would be a good idea.

Mind you, this thread has been sidetracked into some sort of Monty Python sketch regarding generational poverty and which country is the best at war.

HILARIOUS.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here