Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you been on TV as a guest, contestant on in the audience?

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton
Hand picked by Jimmy Saville from a Top Of The Pops audience numbering maybe eighty tops to appear onstage for a song intro in 1977.

Felt highly honoured back then. Nowadays? Not so much.

attachment.php

And no, he never touched me there. OR there. Sadly as that's me on the left of the photo, the photographic evidence appears to indicate otherwise :ohmy:

Nice one! Best one yet...

cheshunt seagull

Jul 5, 2003
When I was 7 in 1966 my dad was working at the British Embassy in Helsinki. A Blue Peter-type show wanted to show Christmas round the world and a few embassy children and parents had to act out Christmas in the UK and I sang a solo of Silent Night. My dad wasn't allowed to take part due to his Yorkshire accent. No footage of it exists but it's been all downhill since, spells in the Priory etc.

D

Deleted User X18H

We will find out that El Pres was so good on 15:1 that William G Stewart nearly re-cast him as Sid Abbott in a new version of bless this house.

And HKFC's sister had a liaison with Mark Ormerod.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
I used to drink around Liverpool street/Moorgate after finishing work on a Friday. There were plenty of them in the pub's/wine bars.
The globe ? Anyway , what did you find so offensive about their behaviour ?:lolol:

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
The globe ? Anyway , what did you find so offensive about their behaviour ?:lolol:

They used to get pished, get bolshy and more often than not get smacked. I also found their attitude to women pretty bad, I'm no Germaine Greer(that's not rhyming slang) but they were something else. It speaks volumes when a group of pissed up trades people are far more respectful than the hooray Henry's.

Most probably would have been in the globe at some point. I doubt there is a pub in central London I haven't been in.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I was on Floyd on Food when they recorded a programme from HMS Raleigh. I was doing my Leading Cooks course, and the programme focused on disaster relief training.
When Floyd died, I was on one of the clips again on the News.
I don't like to speak ill of the dead, but he was an arse

He was always pissed. :lolol:

The nostalgic shows on Sunday morning, BBC2 looked so much like the eighties.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
They used to get pished, get bolshy and more often than not get smacked. I also found their attitude to women pretty bad, I'm no Germaine Greer(that's not rhyming slang) but they were something else. It speaks volumes when a group of pissed up trades people are far more respectful than the hooray Henry's.

Most probably would have been in the globe at some point. I doubt there is a pub in central London I haven't been in.
The majority of city people boozing in the wine bars and pubs around moorgate and liverpool st would be londoners/essex rather than hooray henry types.

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
Was interviewed by South Today when the Paralympic flame came to Horsham and was in a pilot for a show written by Dave Lamb, was never picked up as far as I know.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
The majority of city people boozing in the wine bars and pubs around moorgate and liverpool st would be londoners/essex rather than hooray henry types.

They certainly never sounded that way, some of them sounded like they had a few marbles in their mouth.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Used to sit in the audience of the James Whale show to fill up the numbers when they couldn't get an audience. Got locked in once when it all kicked off outside between the NF and SWP.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Some of them yes , certainly not a majority.

Around there it seemed to be to be that way. I have fond memories of being 16-22 and working on sites around the city, going ut of a Friday with all the other trades and getting back home saturday morning. I don't drink now but used to be able to drink a colossal amount by the time I was 17. For some reason I used to smoke cigars when I was pished as well :ffsparr:

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Around there it seemed to be to be that way. I have fond memories of being 16-22 and working on sites around the city, going ut of a Friday with all the other trades and getting back home saturday morning. I don't drink now but used to be able to drink a colossal amount by the time I was 17. For some reason I used to smoke cigars when I was pished as well :ffsparr:
why dont you drink now ?

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
why dont you drink now ?

Just don't have an interest in it to be honest. I have only ever drunk when out with mates on a night out. If ever we went for a quick pint I would rather have had a coke. I don't really have time for going out anymore and its difficult to get us all together at the same time. I'm only 37 but feel old, wish I could go back to my old Kent road days but it's not to be lol.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here