Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MEP Nigel farage

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Again, absolute crap. It was a deliberate marketing exercise to mislead and muddy the waters. It was targeted at people too thick to research the facts and it worked.

I'm not saying the EU is perfect, far from it. However, whomever is in charge of the Brexit negotiations will still be getting us access to the free market which will include a fee that we have to pay and freedom of movement. We don't save money and we still don't control our borders.
Christ it's a disaster and you just don't get why do you??
Who benefits really from the EU?
Southern Europe is on the brink and you have a few wealthy countries out of 30 odd to keep things moving until when?

You have young Europeans up rooting from their families to get a better life because their country in the amazing EU is rock bottom.I certainly don't have issues with immigration as we need it,but you have to build the infrastructure to cope with mass migration and by not doing this creates huge problems in many many ways.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
The suggestion that you could lose your savings and pension pot by investing in the UK market now is complete and utter nonsense.
Project Fear is over. Give it a rest now..

And George Osborne's comments on Radio 4 Today's show.
Visa stating jobs will have to move to the EU due to EU data protection regulation
And the list goes on.

But we must give these real concerns a rest because the leavers now believe we are in the land of milk and honey.

Message received I am no offically gagged

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Today was not one of Farages better moments as an MEP alongside the moment he referred to the then president as having the personality of a 'damp cloth'. However if you watch a lot of Farages speeches in the European Parliament he campaigns for more democracy in Europe and blasts the failure to reform and ignore democracy as the ultimate downfall that would trigger the UKs exit. He has also stood and criticised the treatment of Greece or lack of support for the Irish.

Whatever you think about him much of what he has called out over the years as being wrong about the current EU model is hard to argue with. Whilst sometimes he goes over the top someone who openly challenges the concept of the EU from within should be welcomed by all rather than criticised for not towing the party line.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I enjoyed his speech, he stood up to them.
Nice to hear a bloke not pussy footing around.

He didn't need to stand up to anyone. They are not trying to stop what has happened. Instead he threw insults (none of them have ever had a proper job ?) and acted like a gloating, self indulgent fool. Totally embarrassing.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
And George Osborne's comments on Radio 4 Today's show.
Visa stating jobs will have to move to the EU due to EU data protection regulation
And the list goes on.

But we must give these real concerns a rest because the leavers now believe we are in the land of milk and honey.

Message received I am no offically gagged

Move ? Will or might ?

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
The FTSE 100 is down 2.8% since Thursday market close,
It is UP 3.7% on 14 days ago.

Not an indication of things to come, it will always steady. The performance over the next two years will be the full picture.

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
No it wasn't, this was the official leave campaign, which Farage had nothing whatsoever to do with , seems like youre quite happy to castigate others for misleading information and innacuracies whilst being no stranger to them yourself.............
Strange that he never denied these figures until the final result to the referendum had been announced, very strange!

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Well, love or loathe the history books will have the name firmly inserted now. In several hundred years time, he'll go down as a significant element of a major change in UK affairs. Like I said, who knows good or bad?

D

Deleted member 2719

The suggestion that you could lose your savings and pension pot by investing in the UK market now is complete and utter nonsense.
Project Fear is over. Give it a rest now..

A nice little fear stat for you. IMG_20160624_025800674.jpg

The Birdman

Nov 30, 2008
Haywards Heath
tells the EUROPEAN PARLIAMENT a few home truth's :clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2: good on him i say a bit like telling some of the people on here a few home truths:clap2:
regards
DR
thank you Farage your rant it was stupid to wined up the other MEPs as we will need a good trade deal. He's got what he wanted now grow up.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Again, absolute crap. It was a deliberate marketing exercise to mislead and muddy the waters. It was targeted at people too thick to research the facts and it worked.

Jesus
you lot still banging on about a bus slogan.

It played no part in my decision nor i doubt many others.

Democracy
accountability
sovereignty
security
Immigration

were far more important issues that Remain simply could not answer.
When project fear realised they were not getting through on the economy they concentrated on the bus logo.

It was laughable then......now its just embarrassing

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Today was not one of Farages better moments as an MEP alongside the moment he referred to the then president as having the personality of a 'damp cloth'. However if you watch a lot of Farages speeches in the European Parliament he campaigns for more democracy in Europe and blasts the failure to reform and ignore democracy as the ultimate downfall that would trigger the UKs exit. He has also stood and criticised the treatment of Greece or lack of support for the Irish.

Whatever you think about him much of what he has called out over the years as being wrong about the current EU model is hard to argue with. Whilst sometimes he goes over the top someone who openly challenges the concept of the EU from within should be welcomed by all rather than criticised for not towing the party line.

Or perhaps be pilloried for being a rabid facist intent on stirring racial hatred

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Or perhaps be pilloried for being a rabid facist intent on stirring racial hatred

Easy to throw labels about but given he has sat in the EU parliament for over 6 years consistently lambasting the undemocratic nature of the EU and campaigning for the removal of an unelected and unaccountable governing organisation perhaps you can explain how this warrants the label of 'rabid facist'

I am by no means a fan of his stance on many issues or policies but as a politician he has been incredibly effective

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
thank you Farage your rant it was stupid to wined up the other MEPs
So the other MEPs were drunk? Thanks god we left, there's taking the piss and there's taking the piss.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
But surely "that what happens now" all changed with referendum result, you reap what you sow my learned friend!

In 2014, Britain committed £12m over three years to tackle the problems at Calais, and part of this is being used to build a 15ft fence along the motorway leading to the port.
As well as the three-year Calais investment, the UK announced £2m extra for detection technology such as the heartbeat and carbon dioxide detectors, and £1m for more dog searches.
In August 2015, the UK and France a fresh agreement on new measures in Calais, including a "control and command centre" and the deployment of 500 extra British and French police. The UK agreed to pay £7m over two years towards the new measures, in addition to money previously pledged.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here