Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MEP Nigel farage

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
And George Osborne's comments on Radio 4 Today's show.
Visa stating jobs will have to move to the EU due to EU data protection regulation
And the list goes on.

But we must give these real concerns a rest because the leavers now believe we are in the land of milk and honey.

Message received I am no offically gagged

Neither you, me nor anyone else is going to have the value of their savings and pension pots destroyed because of BREXIT.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Right, I don't DO politics. I find all the debate very boring.

But as far as I can see it:

Man says, if you leave EU, we will pay £350m to NHS

People vote to get out the EU, man says "yeah, that's not happening. WHOOPSIE"

Man goes back to the EU and says "I told you we would leave"

Got it.

To be fair to him, he personally said £34m a day (or £238m a week, or £10bn a year), and didn't claim it would all go on the NHS but did certainly suggest that a hefty chunk would. But a) even that figure is bollocks and b) he wan't denouncing the £350m figure as false before the referendum was he, the crafty little monkey.

IMO there are plenty of other reasons to believe that he's not to be trusted, but this £350m stuff isn't among them.

mothy

Dec 30, 2012
Has anyone posted on here all 7 minutes of his speech at eu? I cba to look through 19 pages of it. Worth posting if not

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful

Got it.

Its going on all the time, I remember the vote for us to join the EEC, the population was told that we would be joining a trading block, 40 years later the same people, realising that we had been mis informed in a deliberate
manner voted again and decided to leave.
A lesson in life my friend, never trust a politician, they all lie.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

Got it.

Not quite right. The £350m to the NHS was on the side of a bus for the official campaign. Farage was nothing to do with that, he had his own special brand of advertising that we've ll heard about.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Not quite right. The £350m to the NHS was on the side of a bus for the official campaign. Farage was nothing to do with that, he had his own special brand of advertising that we've ll heard about.
It said let's fund the NHS instead.... it didn't say all 350 m would go to it...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

Ah fair enough.

I couldn't find the quote where he said it was wrong before the public voted, that was all.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
Neither you, me nor anyone else is going to have the value of their savings and pension pots destroyed because of BREXIT.

My shares have tanked... they matured in October too...My plan was to use those shares to supplement our income as my partner is pregnant and can't work. That money was going to help us.

So yes people are already being affected and we haven't even implemented article 50 yet...

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
My "savings" and net income has gone down by about 20% in the last week because of it :(

Well to put it into context you might need to tell us how it has performed in recent history and return to tell us in a few years how it has performed since Brexit.

SK1NT

Sep 9, 2003
Thames Ditton
It said let's fund the NHS instead.... it didn't say all 350 m would go to it...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Wrong....

Capture.PNG

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Well to put it into context you might need to tell us how it has performed in recent history and return to tell us in a few years how it has performed since Brexit.

Will do :) My immediate concern is that in the last 7 days my ability to pay my kids school fees and car payment has been wiped out though so need to regroup

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Well at least we can fish in our own waters without restrictions and maybe get back this huge industry that has disappeared.

What fish? We overfished our shores years ago. It's why we rely on the EU for our fish.

As for a fishing fleet - it doesn't exist, and won't exist because there are no fish.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer

Sorry mate, that's a completely irrational statement. Even whether we'd left or stayed, we are all in the hands of the Gods with our pensions, savings, annuities etc. In the nine years I've been drawing on them, they've fluctuated at various intervals. I'd be amazed if the uncertainty surrounding Brexit doesn't at least for a while, and until some trade negotiations are completed satisfactorily, effect all of those things. I await with bated breath, and pray Farange stops irritating our neighbours, before they decide to make life difficult for us, and make whopping tax incentives to banks for their business...because if we lose the financial sector business we could be in deep do doos...God Forbid this, or I might be off to the Orkneys ....hoots mon!

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
This is the part where Farage is giving it to them about having 'never done a day's work in their lives'. Facepalm man is apparently a cardiac surgeon.

The man who lectures people over democratic rights when he has stood for Westminster 7 times and lost on every occasion.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It is very early days, the markets are getting over the initial shock of what has happened . What happens when we confront the harsh facts of a renegotiation in 2 years time? That's when the real crash will come.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Ahhh, Farage. One of those faceless, unelected European bureaucrats, earning his €84,000 a year and making all this law in our country without our permission. Criminal really.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here