Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Brexit SPREADS across Europe:

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Wouldn't it have been better to have a full and frank meeting in the EU about immigration and the Euro, then make reforms according to the needs of the EU nations rather than the whole of the EU facing 5 years of economic meltdown as countries exit one by one, making things progressively worse for all concerned in the short to medium term?

Are you aware of how 'EU meetings' function?

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
You would think senior members of the EU would be on the first plane today, asking us what concessions this country needs in order to make us stay. I would actually be satisfied with that.
All they are interested in is saving face and making sure other countries don't get any ideas. The EU doesn't reform unfortunately and is one of the reasons I voted Leave. It shouldn't be about men in suits, it should be about the people.

Instead of that we saw Junker saying the February agreement no longer exists, there will be no renegotiation, repeating there will be no renegotiation and finishing up with leave as soon as possible.

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
Breaking news on Sky: Hungary, Austria, Holland, Denmark, Sweden, France want referendums on the EU but that daft bint Nicola Sturgeon wants that tin pot country to stay in the EU.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
MOre wishful thinking from the English pull-up-the-drawbridge brigade, but sadly it's not true:

http://www.dutchnews.nl/news/archiv...itish-vote-to-leave-the-eu-how-about-a-nexit/

"Most opinion polls show that while there is a lot of support for a referendum in the Netherlands, there is majority support for continued membership of the EU."

If any more than one other country quits the EU in the next 10-15 years, it would be astonishing.

After the Brexit vote,you still believe in polls?Can you send me your debit card number,and the digits on the back please?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Breaking news on Sky: Hungary, Austria, Holland, Denmark, Sweden, France want referendums on the EU but that daft bint Nicola Sturgeon wants that tin pot country to stay in the EU.

Except that none of these countries want referendums - just a few nut job parties on the fringes.

We're still all on our own I'm afraid.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
They are. Where will they find the £20 billion pounds and the extra £10 billion in bail outs and fines from, Poland or Greece perhaps lol

All the member states who are paying for the gravy train now suddenly want to pull the communication cord. This is going to end well.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Hold on. She wants to be part of the UK and the EU at the same time?

No she want out of the UK and in the EU. Like much of her country.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I was wondering about past referendums in Europe and how much the people of Europe really want to be governed by Brussels or be part of a European superstate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Referendums_related_to_the_European_Union

It's interesting that the referendums for the European constitution were so close. About half the population of Europe didn't want a constitution, but such is their contempt for the population the political elite rebranded it as the Lisbon treaty and push it through. I firmly believe that if Gordon Brown had given us a referendum like his predecessor had promised we wouldn't be in this position now.

I was wondering about past referendums in Europe and how much the people of Europe really want to be governed by Brussels or be part of a European superstate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Referendums_related_to_the_European_Union

It's interesting that the referendums for the European constitution were so close. About half the population of Europe didn't want a constitution, but such is their contempt for the population the political elite rebranded it as the Lisbon treaty and push it through. I firmly believe that if Gordon Brown had given us a referendum as his predecessor promised we wouldn't be in this position now.
Absolutely this. Pension robber, bullion father Christmas, liar!

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
You would think senior members of the EU would be on the first plane today, asking us what concessions this country needs in order to make us stay. I would actually be satisfied with that.
All they are interested in is saving face and making sure other countries don't get any ideas. The EU doesn't reform unfortunately and is one of the reasons I voted Leave. It shouldn't be about men in suits, it should be about the people.
This is the main reason why I voted out....it's a dictatorship that looks after the rich and does jack shite to help countries in dire straights throughout Europe and by draining all the young workers from these countries due to their poor economy.

If you run such an organisation you'd do everything to regenerate places like Greece,Spain and Portugal etc instead of leaving them to rot while the wealth goes to the big corporate organisations.
It just doesn't benefit the working classes or most of them and the wealth isn't distributed as it should be...if this country is doing so well then why so many austerity cuts and why so many neglected towns and cities with poverty galore? These places voted out more than most and you can understand why!!

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
All the member states who are paying for the gravy train now suddenly want to pull the communication cord. This is going to end well.

Problem was we was paying for the top gravy whereas the rest was paying for counterfeit runny liquid and now after taking us for fools they've realised they've have to cough up to keep quality gravy on the table but the problem is they're all skint and don't want to pay. Boo hoo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here