Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Jeremy Corbyn thread

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
what the PLP do not realise is that its matters not a fig what they think its the grass roots that make up nearly all the vote for a leader, which means that JC will probably get in again and those on the PLP will struggle to keep their seats in any GE

the general public might not love JC but he is at least honest and does not tell out and out lies

and who exactly can you replace him with ............the Miliband brother would be good ................but will he do it?
You are ****ING DELUDED , to say the least if you really believe that.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
He would scare the Tories to death.

No one stand out candidate but virtually anyone would be better than present incumbent.

Personally right now I'd go for Alan Johnson. Working class background, would keep the unions on board (where was Ken McCluskey et al during the Referendum?, answer: nowhere), and someone who's personality and common sense approach would both appeal but crucially reach out beyond Labour's old support.
Not sure but his brother Len disappeared off the radar as well.,

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Shadow Leader of the House of Commons Chris Bryant resigns:

It's going to end up with just Corbyn McDonnell and Abbott sitting on the front bench :facepalm:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Abbot was on question time earlier what an odious person she is.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Corbyn is an imbecile. Let the poor down massively here with his indecision. Will be remembered as one of the worst labour "leaders"

I am seeing this rather differently.
Politicians may be very annoying but they are not stupid, in fact they are very smart and divisive.
The Labour Party and Corbyn all know that he is unelectable and that Labour was never going to win power all the time he is leader. So they have sat back with the plan to watch the Tories rip themselves apart and get rid of Cameron and Osborne they left the gate wide open.Win.
Corbyn then leaves or gets a no confidence to be replaced by a much more electable centre ground leader.
Boris Johnsons sole aim was to be PM, he is not really a leaver he just saw it as his only way in, he took a massive gamble and won.
But with Johnson, Gove, Redwood, IDS and Reece Mogg on the front benches they will in turn become almost as unelectable as today's Labour Party.
Basically the referendum has been used for political party ends a chance to change the whole face of British politics rather than the sole purpose of a in/out vote.
Of course this would never have happened if Cameron hadn't given in to offering the referendum in the first place, another massive gamble, he knew he was toast if he lost. As soon as he did offer the referendum it was like leaving the lions cage door open.
Not the best put together post I admit but I hope you can get my gist.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Shadow Leader of the House of Commons Chris Bryant resigns:

No, seriously, it doesn't matter a jot that the very best of Labour's MPs, that Jeremy Corbyn himself hand-selected to present a strong opposition to the Tories, are abandoning the Labour front bench.

He doesn't need them. No siree.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I am seeing this rather differently.
Politicians may be very annoying but they are not stupid, in fact they are very smart and divisive.
The Labour Party and Corbyn all know that he is unelectable and that Labour was never going to win power all the time he is leader. So they have sat back with the plan to watch the Tories rip themselves apart and get rid of Cameron and Osborne they left the gate wide open.Win.
Corbyn then leaves or gets a no confidence to be replaced by a much more electable centre ground leader.
Boris Johnsons sole aim was to be PM, he is not really a leaver he just saw it as his only way in, he took a massive gamble and won.
But with Johnson, Gove, Redwood, IDS and Reece Mogg on the front benches they will in turn become almost as unelectable as today's Labour Party.
Basically the referendum has been used for political party ends a chance to change the whole face of British politics rather than the sole purpose of a in/out vote.
Of course this would never have happened if Cameron hadn't given in to offering the referendum in the first place, another massive gamble, he knew he was toast if he lost. As soon as he did offer the referendum it was like leaving the lions cage door open.
Not the best put together post I admit but I hope you can get my gist.

Good post and i get the gist. I dont see it as some kind of plan though, he was elected by the party members. But its working out as you say. The tories are stuffed

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
No, seriously, it doesn't matter a jot that the very best of Labour's MPs, that Jeremy Corbyn himself hand-selected to present a strong opposition to the Tories, are abandoning the Labour front bench.

He doesn't need them. No siree.

As we know a truly honourable and principled man stays in place to the bitter end no matter the damage to the Labour party or the country :facepalm:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
He would scare the Tories to death.

No one stand out candidate but virtually anyone would be better than present incumbent.

Personally right now I'd go for Alan Johnson. Working class background, would keep the unions on board (where was Ken McCluskey et al during the Referendum?, answer: nowhere), and someone who's personality and common sense approach would both appeal but crucially reach out beyond Labour's old support.

You are ****ING DELUDED , to say the least if you really believe that.

yes
am I not allowed tobelieve that or should I bow to your superior political knowledge

you really are a bully, typical tory
oh and bye bye again
why should I spend time listeneing and reading your clap-trap:wave:

Last edited:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
yes
am I not allowed tobelieve that or should I bow to your supior political knowledge

you really are a bully, typical tory
oh and bye bye again
why should I spend time listeneing and reading your clap-trap:wave:

He isnt a typical tory but he is a typical bully

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Good post and i get the gist. I dont see it as some kind of plan though, he was elected by the party members. But its working out as you say. The tories are stuffed

It's all the stuff that goes on in the oak panelled walls of Parliament and the Gentlemens clubs in Pall Mall that we are never privy to.
As Thatcher once said, Yes Minister was not very far away from the truth.
I agree about Corbyn being elected by the members but it's all about power and who would have thought that Labour would have another bite of the apple so soon maybe the members will see the errors of their ways if a decent candidate is put forward, but it will probably be Diane Abbot the way that party is thinking at the moment, as it seems to me that as smart as they are MP's on all sides have a tremendous ability to hit the self destruct button.
As a floating voter I rather like Lincoln Imps idea but would the 2 parties really get together, as a floating centre ground voter it gives me a little optimism in this total mess we are heading towards.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here