Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
My girlfriends sister's boyfriend, born in London and half Indian was racially abused in London today. Her friend from school was racially abused on a train and was forced to move carriage and not allowed to sit down. These incidents are happening up and down the country, I'm disgusted to live in this country and ashamed to be British. This is what vote leave has legitimised, no matter what the 'moderate' leavers say, you voted on the side of the millions of bigots in this country, hang your heads in shame.

So some nasty Brexiters made a day trip to London so they could racially abuse somebody?And they chose the only person in London who didn't have a smartfone so he couldn't get any pictures of them!What a load of old cock.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
In your first paragraph you ask if you should be named of how you voted, because of the subsequent behaviour of fellow outers ,No, of course you shouldn't, but, leavers should acknowledge that it has happened, and was a reason for some to vote out

I answered the wrong post, seepost299

That's fine...you had me stumped and was about to ask for an additional explaination

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
THE referendum thread (others will be merged with this)

So some nasty Brexiters made a day trip to London so they could racially abuse somebody?And they chose the only person in London who didn't have a smartfone so he couldn't get any pictures of them!What a load of old cock.

What the **** are you talking about? Are you thick?

Don't answer that, I already know the answer.

OvingdeanSeagull

Jul 8, 2012
Ovingdean
Ah, a young person! How nice! (That is young person as in 'Ask a young person now while they still know everything'.............)

It is good that our young people mostly deplore racism; actually some of us older voters aren't in favour of it either. The trouble is, someone with an agenda has only got to tell them that something is racist - you know, like, 'Voting Leave is racist' or 'All leavers are racists' - and the silly little sods believe it.

I'm not saying that voting out is inherently racist. However, if you are racist, the chances are you voted out. There have been a huge amount of examples since the referendum of brexiter racism and if it wasn't for that hugely misinformed reason, leave would not have won. The truth is if you voted for brexit, you are either racist, an idiot, or have no regard for the British youth. Either way I have lost all respect in the British public who voted to leave.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I could take you down many high streets and walk you along and tell you to close your eyes and for you to tell me how many languages you can hear...and then if I picked one out could you tell me how I talk to that person in their language? then the next language and then the next? could you do it if they did not speak in English..

That is the problem be it German Pakistani Dutch or Iranian....that is the root of the Phobia...

If hearing people speaking in foreign languages is a problem for you then, again, I understand why you were an Out voter.

I'm not sure why you mentioned people from Pakistan and Iran though.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Marvellous, so it is their fault for predicting it:facepalm:

What has changed is confidence...ask yourself if we had a Brexit campaign with a government that actually believed and actually wanted it things may have been a bit different right now..

What's that saying? If you believe you can do a thing or believe you cannot you are right....the same logic applies here.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
If hearing people speaking in foreign languages is a problem for you then, again, I understand why you were an Out voter.

I'm not sure why you mentioned people from Pakistan and Iran though.

I would not be so quick to sweep immigration under the carpet.....I know it's not an EU thing I added those countries in deliberately and my point is across the country the phobia applies....otherwise the vote would be 45 million to my alleged 1 to remain within the EU.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Marvellous, so it is their fault for predicting it:facepalm:

partially. markets are not rational and a large amount of movement is attributable to sentiment. this is known and recognised, why markets will tend to follow predicted trends in reaction to news events immeditately when there's been no actual change to fundementals. they like to predict, then correct when wrong, which gives us volatility. example, an article about a month ago was saying how the housebuliders were over valued and pundit wasnt sure why. now theres a reaction and they've been hammered, even though Brexit has little direct impact on the housebuilding business for Barrett and Wimpey. so yes, by talking up how bad it will be, that will have set a tone and preprogrammed a reaction for traders and investors to respond to. trader A will sell because they dont want to risk holding if trader B sells and sends the price down.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
partially. markets are not rational and a large amount of movement is attributable to sentiment. this is known and recognised, why markets will tend to follow predicted trends in reaction to news events immeditately when there's been no actual change to fundementals. they like to predict, then correct when wrong, which gives us volatility. example, an article about a month ago was saying how the housebuliders were over valued and pundit wasnt sure why. now theres a reaction and they've been hammered, even though Brexit has little direct impact on the housebuilding business for Barrett and Wimpey. so yes, by talking up how bad it will be, that will have set a tone and preprogrammed a reaction for traders and investors to respond to. trader A will sell because they dont want to risk holding if trader B sells and sends the price down.

But George has said how robust the British economy is today... and its not got better ? This is difficult to grasp, if someone says something will be " Bad " it will be bad but if the same person says it will be " Fine " it does not work.... in fact several people have said it will all be " Fine ", even people who know less about the economy but it still isn't... its still getting worse ? and what happens when costs go up because our currency is being devalued against most other currencies ?

So, what happens when the shit really hits the fan ? will things magically become " Fine " again ?

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
The major consensus opinion put England as winners of the game.
Result = not want we want.
What do we do?
Answer, whine, winge and use every mistake in wording, every way to squirm. Every chance to sow un-democracy traits. Question the decision.
Result? F all! England are still out!

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
But George has said how robust the British economy is today... and its not got better ? This is difficult to grasp, if someone says something will be " Bad " it will be bad but if the same person says it will be " Fine " it does not work.... in fact several people have said it will all be " Fine ", even people who know less about the economy but it still isn't... its still getting worse ? and what happens when costs go up because our currency is being devalued against most other currencies ?

So, what happens when the shit really hits the fan ? will things magically become " Fine " again ?

fake it till you make it? .......lets see what happens in the coming weeks.......people will still trade with us..

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
The major consensus opinion put England as winners of the game.
Result = not want we want.
What do we do?
Answer, whine, winge and use every mistake in wording, every way to squirm. Every chance to sow un-democracy traits. Question the decision.
Result? F all! England are still out!

Not at all, but it would be nice to hear what the tactics are going to be in the final

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here