Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Roy Hodgson

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I wonder how Pochettino feels watching that? Woy seems to have broken the cream of his Spurs side.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Hodgson has resigned.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Gone, good job, saves sacking him, but blame Rooney and the players too

His contract was up at the end of this tournament. He didn't need to be sacked.

Decent, honourable man.

Completely let down by his players tonight who seemed to revert to non-league levels of skill. He has significant responsibilities also though.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
His contract was up at the end of this tournament. He didn't need to be sacked.

Decent, honourable man.

Completely let down by his players tonight who seemed to revert to non-league levels of skill. He has significant responsibilities also though.

He must take FULL responsibility for England's failure. Honourable yes, to blame, for sure.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
He must take FULL responsibility for England's failure. Honourable yes, to blame, for sure.

I'm sure he will take FULL responsibility. Because he's decent and honourable.

However, I'm also happy to apportion some responsibility to players who suddenly became incapable of pretty much every aspect of very basic football.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
5-Live are suggesting Roy had his resignation letter already written, before kick off.

I'm not buying that...

...Roy had 75 minutes to work out what he was going to say.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
I'm sure he will take FULL responsibility. Because he's decent and honourable.

However, I'm also happy to apportion some responsibility to players who suddenly became incapable of pretty much every aspect of very basic football.

Tonight yes I agree, the players were a joke. From picking his 23 (1 winger??) to not knowing his starting 11 OR his preferred formation is laughable. I do admire how he imedietlly resigned although he was left with absolutely no choice...

driller

my life my word
Oct 14, 2006
The posh bit
Hodgson should have had the balls to come out and said the players get paid so much but let me and the country down I am ashamed of them......
Respect due then.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I wonder how Pochettino feels watching that? Woy seems to have broken the cream of his Spurs side.

To be fair - he broke most of them by over playing them all season - there is a connection to how we finished the season and that.

Kane/Alli look half the players they did up till March.

oddsonlaughter

Jan 24, 2008
I know it shouldn't but it bothered me he had a pre-prepared statement made up, means in his mindset he was always worrying it may happen and that fear could well have filtered through

A top end manager would not have had a statement prepared incase he failed

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Have to agree - yes the manager made mistakes but the players should have been good enough.
Yes they should have been but clearly they simply aren't anywhere near as good as they think they are.

MongoJerry

Mar 23, 2013
I know it shouldn't but it bothered me he had a pre-prepared statement made up, means in his mindset he was always worrying it may happen and that fear could well have filtered through

A top end manager would not have had a statement prepared incase he failed

I think the FA had it written for him. He wasn't even confident reading it, like it was the first time

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

golddene

Jul 28, 2012
Came up against a supposed lesser team which played as a team with determination and passion for their nation and supporters bit like us this last season, hope they go all the way now and win it, gutted but well played to them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here