Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] UEFA has threatened to disqualify England and Russia from Euro 2016

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
You obviously have some weird obsession with England fans. I was beginning to give you the benefit of the doubt and call you naively deluded. Now I think you are just plain ignorant bordering on xenophobic.

He is digging manically. I warned him but, he thinks I'm an idiot.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
He is digging manically. I warned him but, he thinks I'm an idiot.

I'm the first to say that some of the acts over the years by England fans were a disgrace. But for the last 16years at any tournament or international fixture the Hooligan element has largely been eliminated with England. Yet, it's the first time since Germany 2006 that tens of thousands have travelled and if you want to start a fight with them, some will more than oblige. I'm sure that some (very few) did travel hoping for some trouble. But to ignore the lack of proper policing in keeping fans safe, to ignore the plain provocation a lot of England fans are having to put up with and to ignore the groups of Russian and French ultras that are carefully planning attacks on isolated groups of fans in a bar or cafe, and still blame England fans for violence is naive, ignorant and idiotic.
Maldini falls into that bracket.

My experience is that I went to Japan 2002, Portugal 2004 and Germany in 2006. I never saw any trouble. Sure I met a few fans I didn't like and thought some of the behaviour bordered on rude and anti-social, but for the most part it was a mix of all age groups and I met some great people. Something has gone very wrong in France, other outbreaks not involving England fans is further proof. Unfortunately I feel they (England fans) are now a sitting target for any other Hooligan/Ultra elements, and the English will most likely get the blame too. I deplore all of this violence and sets back football 30years. I'm hoping for safe standing and being able to take a beer to my seat at the Amex. This trouble is putting that at risk of being further away from a possibility.
I'm sure if it were all policed properly and the international authorities took responsibilities of their own fans then none of this would happen.

Last edited:

Shuggie

Sep 19, 2003
East Sussex coast
It is your perception that I have had great pleasure from it.By citing italian police you are showing your ignorance by being taken in by the british media from where I assume you formed that opinion.Having said that I've never heard that accusation levelled at the italian local police.I was in Rome in 1997 when england fans went berserk and whilst back in the UK the police were given all the blame I saw different myself.I am just saying Russian and England fans should be sent home even if it is a minority fighting because there is no other way to stop it.As I said because of the ISIS threat the french police have enough to deal with and should not allow themselves to be distracted.Can you imagine trying to control a crowd when the're fighting.How easy for ISIS to slip through.Besides that fans from other countries plus locals who's towns are bring kicked in deserve better.

Frankly I don't believe you. I was there in 1980 when the delightful locals urinated on us from the stand above. The equally charming police just laughed as they got ready to baton charge us. It wasn't much better in 1990. And if you think the British press are more eager to blame local policing rather than scream 'national disgrace' then you are doubly ignorant.

You have conveniently omitted the French contribution to the mayhem. Shouldn't they be sent home as well?

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Well firstly I've been seeing england fans fighting abroad since the 80s.As for the other nationalities in Euro 2016 I've only read about Germany and the Ukrainians on here and seen zilch on UK news.Strange that.If they have been fighting then send them all home.Whats your point?
I repeat, you are blinkered, selective and bigoted... in fact you are bordering on racist.... you conveniently forget the mass stabbings at international and champions league games in both Milan and Rome.... the racist ultras lining up on the way to the stadium to stick a blade in the thigh of any random opposition fans..... remember all that?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yep.It's never down to the england fans.

Great response. So it's all down to England then?

Must have been my imagination then the French charging them at the station and the Russians in the stadium.

Then the Germans last evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I repeat, you are blinkered, selective and bigoted...

Glad it's not just me that feels this way towards Maldini. He came from nowhere to become one of the most obnoxious posters on here....and these are not my words.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Yep.It's never down to the england fans.

I've read this thread and seen some of the responses but you DO seem to be on a wind up.

I'm presuming firstly, that you have a generalised preconceived opinion of the English and our football supporters. You'll also know that successive UK governments, Police forces and supporters groups work hard to ensure that supporters avoid trouble, not just when England play, when all English clubs play in Europe.

I would also suspect that, as you frequent the message board of an English football club that you will know(if you are an Albion fan) that hooliganism is very rare in England. Having grown up in the 80s, the Goldstone would regularly see battles in and around the stadium and these have led to a culture that fighting at football matches is senseless and pointless.

However, compare this to domestic matches in other countries in the last 10 years and you will see that English supporters come out with the least arrests compared to what I presume is your country, Italy where you regularly have beI nazi groups supporting Lazio and stabbing, attacking and beating up fans on a regular basis.

Also compare that to troubles in France, Spain, Portugal, Holland, Germany and I've not even touched on the Eastern European clubs who are going through a hooliganism renaissance.

Now I am in no way condoning the small minded loutishness of the drunken 200 or so on Friday when they started trouble, but to solely point your finger at English fans, a majority of which just want a holiday combined with some football, shows a clear ignorance and lack of understanding over what has happened.

I guess that it would be like me saying all Italians are pasta eating fascist with Hitler sympathies who still wants to reclaim the past glories of the Roman Empire.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
I've read this thread and seen some of the responses but you DO seem to be on a wind up.

I'm presuming firstly, that you have a generalised preconceived opinion of the English and our football supporters. You'll also know that successive UK governments, Police forces and supporters groups work hard to ensure that supporters avoid trouble, not just when England play, when all English clubs play in Europe.

I would also suspect that, as you frequent the message board of an English football club that you will know(if you are an Albion fan) that hooliganism is very rare in England. Having grown up in the 80s, the Goldstone would regularly see battles in and around the stadium and these have led to a culture that fighting at football matches is senseless and pointless.

However, compare this to domestic matches in other countries in the last 10 years and you will see that English supporters come out with the least arrests compared to what I presume is your country, Italy where you regularly have beI nazi groups supporting Lazio and stabbing, attacking and beating up fans on a regular basis.

Also compare that to troubles in France, Spain, Portugal, Holland, Germany and I've not even touched on the Eastern European clubs who are going through a hooliganism renaissance.

Now I am in no way condoning the small minded loutishness of the drunken 200 or so on Friday when they started trouble, but to solely point your finger at English fans, a majority of which just want a holiday combined with some football, shows a clear ignorance and lack of understanding over what has happened.

I guess that it would be like me saying all Italians are pasta eating fascist with Hitler sympathies who still wants to reclaim the past glories of the Roman Empire.

Why are you and others changing the subject? Is there hooliganism in Italy and other countries? YES ! I'm talking about fighting abroad when national teams are playing.I'm saying send home the fans of those countries who have been fighting.If Italy fans fight this tournament then send them home.As I keep saying,with the threat of ISIS this is NOT the tournament where you want the police to be distracted by scum.Correct?

P.S I'm UK born.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015

Believe me I've grown up listening to racist shit however that's another story.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Racist scum.

Regrettably, when I do go home to see my brothers and sisters in the tribe, we have a reliable 4G network. I can still post and reply in kind to cretins such as you.
Ah, that old faithful, the racist card , English bloke objects to foreigner denigrating English people and specifically stating ''its at times like this I'm glad i'm from the Solomon Islands '', and I'm racist for advising you to f*ck off back there :wanker:

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
Frankly I don't believe you. I was there in 1980 when the delightful locals urinated on us from the stand above. The equally charming police just laughed as they got ready to baton charge us. It wasn't much better in 1990. And if you think the British press are more eager to blame local policing rather than scream 'national disgrace' then you are doubly ignorant.

You have conveniently omitted the French contribution to the mayhem. Shouldn't they be sent home as well?

I seem to remember West Ham fans racist towards possibly Lazio fans at a Euro game at Upton park a few years ago and it was allowed.

The French police?Yes the police are always blamed.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Glad it's not just me that feels this way towards Maldini. He came from nowhere to become one of the most obnoxious posters on here....and these are not my words.
I can't work out his motivations at all.... he even suggested all the anecdotal historical Italian aggro was just a figment of the media imagination... very odd.

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015

You truly are a #####.Just to re-cap for everyone.I started a thread on Father's Rights.It was intended for any father not being able to see his children to get info and help.HT wrote on there that no wonder I wasn't able to see my children.He was condemned by scores of posters.One saying it was the worst post they had seen on this website.This post of his and I'm sure there have been others abusive towards me have nothing to do with my comments but everything to do with the criticism he received from the other thread.HT you truly are a sad pathetic little man.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?339060-Father-s-Rights-Children

Maldini

Banned
Aug 19, 2015
I can't work out his motivations at all.... he even suggested all the anecdotal historical Italian aggro was just a figment of the media imagination... very odd.

Motivations?I have none.I have stated that fans fighting in France should be sent home.You obviously disagree.You need to accept there are two sides to every story.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
You truly are a #####.Just to re-cap for everyone.I started a thread on Father's Rights.It was intended for any father not being able to see his children to get info and help.HT wrote on there that no wonder I wasn't able to see my children.He was condemned by scores of posters.One saying it was the worst post they had seen on this website.This post of his and I'm sure there have been others abusive towards me have nothing to do with my comments but everything to do with the criticism he received from the other thread.HT you truly are a sad pathetic little man.

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?339060-Father-s-Rights-Children

The one in which he apologised to you via PM, and on the board saying sorry unreservedly for a poor attempt at humour, that one?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here