Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Top Gear is back

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
thought it was ok, no worse than a poor episode with the previous group. stuff in the studio bit cringing, challenge was amusing enough, Leblanc decent. if Evans can tone down a bit will be watchable.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
I actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Surprised that they stuck to pretty much exactly the same format but I have no problem with Evans and I thought LeBlanc was excellent. Looking forward to seeing what clarkson and co come up with.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Don't like Matt Leblanc.
Like him even less after this showing.
Won't bother with top gear again. Rubbish

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
So.. Yes. Utter utter crap!.

Chris evans ego hits new heights, By doing away with microphones and shouting his horrible voice across the studio!. What an absolute tosser!.

The Star in a resonably priced car interview felt awkward and stupid!. With it's only redeeming feature, with it's course being changed to rallycross course.

The American vs uk Robin challenge was truly a farce, and has been covered before in a slightely different format...Talk about copying Clarkson ,hammond ,may's roadshow.

Matt's review of the off road buggy was ok, ithought it was not too bad.
But what the hell was that with the american muscle cars, and as for sabines horrid german accent, and complete lack of personality. oh dear.

Sorry, But that has really no chance!. Evans needs to shape up or ship out!.

Last edited:

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
I'd had enough of the old series as it had got stale and repetitive, the BBC was given a blank sheet of paper to reinvent the programme so what did they do? They carried on with the same tired old format but with new presenters; Chris Evans just shouted a lot and Matt Leblanc seemed uneasy and boring. I didn't make it to the end of the programme, it was turgid and tiresome. Fail.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
An excitable shouty, almost hysterical Chris Evans doesn't some close to Clarkson IMO. It may improve but I doubt it

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I actually enjoyed it more than I thought I would. Surprised that they stuck to pretty much exactly the same format but I have no problem with Evans and I thought LeBlanc was excellent. Looking forward to seeing what clarkson and co come up with.

I watched it for the main reason that Clarkson wasn't on it.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Dire , should have let it die after the last series. Evans screaming in the studio like an X factor host on steroids. Abysmal.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
An excitable shouty, almost hysterical Chris Evans doesn't some close to Clarkson IMO

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
You say that like it's a bad thing.

Clarkson amused me and was normally watchable, Evans on that showing irritated me a lot and it was a struggle not to turn him off :shrug:

You'll have to look to the many Clarkson haters on here for support on that one

Poojah

Nov 19, 2010
Leeds
Weird. It's like drinking non-alcoholic lager; in many ways it's very similar to the version you know and love and yet somehow there's something subtle but completely fundamental missing.

Evans and co. needed to do something different with the show; I think it will prove to be a fatal error to try and imitate the original to such an extent.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Clarkson amused me and was normally watchable, Evans on that showing irritated me a lot and it was a struggle not to turn him off :shrug:

Funny how we see these things. I, on the other hand, found Clarkson to be a self-regarding, boorish, misogynistic tosser, and don't even get me started on his toadying little sidekick, Hammond.

:)

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Funny how we see these things. I, on the other hand, found Clarkson to be a self-regarding, boorish, misogynistic tosser, and don't even get me started on his toadying little sidekick, Hammond.

:)

Does May escape with credibility? As a point of interest did you watch tonight's shout fest?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Does May escape with credibility? As a point of interest did you watch tonight's shout fest?

I haven't watched tonight's show, no. So can't offer an opinion.

May was alright, didn't have any objections to him. Hammond always struck me as being like that weedy kid who used to hang around with the school bully and laugh at all his jokes so as to avoid getting a kicking himself.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

You'll have to look to the many Clarkson haters on here for support on that one

I think Clarkson is a total bellend but I've always found his shows enjoyable. Hammond and May brought nothing to the party.
Never really enjoyed anything that Evans has done - going all the way back to Don't Forget Your Toothbrush.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
I was far too outraged to watch it.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
It was definitely Top Gear, but not as we know it.

Not as bad as i thought it would be and i thought Le Blanc was okay (not so much in the studio). I'll give it another week to see if i carry on watching the rest of the series.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here