Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How much money will Hughton get this summer?

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
We could sign Liam Rosenior. He'd be fantastic a fantastic option to have at Right or Left full back. :)

We have just released two full backs and Bruno after a fantastic season, is at an age when injuries can take their toll. I hope he remains first choice all next season, as he has been superb, but think we need both cover and to prepare for the future.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
We have just released two full backs and Bruno after a fantastic season, is at an age when injuries can take their toll. I hope he remains first choice all next season, as he has been superb, but think we need both cover and to prepare for the future.

We need cover at left back, that's it in my opinion. I'm hoping that comes from the development squad ideally. Really like Rob Hunt, although probably is a big step up.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
he will offer as much as needed to get the squad which CH is happy with come beginning of August.

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
We don't have to spend big. There are bargins to be had if you are looking in the right place at the right time. Kayal for example 600k I believe, Godstone 600k, Hemed 1m. Knockaert was a bit more but even he looks cheap at 2.5 million. Our worst buys over recent years have been the ones we have spent more on.
I can see us signing 6/7 as I see 4/5 more being moved on. holla, Ince, JFC, Elvis and LuaLua maybe gone this window in my opinion.
I think a LB to compete with Bong, another CB most likely if there is 1 a young CB like Godstone was, x2 CM, and 2 strikers. Maybe room for a AM type player if we ever look to play 4-5-1 in some games (hopefully we don't). I don t see us spending more that 8-10 million tops on that lot with us hopefully recovering 2-3 million back in fees.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
No one on here has any idea of what his budget was, is or wuill be so why bother as regards players I think we will sign 3 maybe 4 a full back cover I CB a midfielder and 1 striker but feel we may go for Liam Ridgewell as both CB and Full back cover.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think we will sign 3 maybe 4 a full back cover I CB a midfielder and 1 striker
Zamora and Wilson have left, and we play with 2 up front, so 1 striker is not enough IMO.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Zamora and Wilson have left, and we play with 2 up front, so 1 striker is not enough IMO.

I think that he will follow last season with a replacement for Bobby and a season loan for a young striker like Wilson. to bring the total back to 4 unless he wants better than we have to use Baldock and Hemed as back up/3rd and 4th strikers.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think that he will follow last season with a replacement for Bobby and a season loan for a young striker like Wilson. to bring the total back to 4 unless he wants better than we have to use Baldock and Hemed as back up/3rd and 4th strikers.
Cool, so you agree that we'll sign 2 more.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Having come so close i'd be amazed if Bloom didn't sanction the signings Hughton tells him he needs to turn us into top 2 next season. I'd say 5-6m overall net spend.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
We need a CB for Greer, RB cover for Bruno now that Calde has gone, Midfield cover for Kayal and Stephens (to replace Sidwell, may even be Sidwell!) and probably 2 strikers, can't see how it can be fewer than 5 incoming assuming that we don't lose anyone.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
No one on here has any idea of what his budget was, is or wuill be so why bother as regards players I think we will sign 3 maybe 4 a full back cover I CB a midfielder and 1 striker but feel we may go for Liam Ridgewell as both CB and Full back cover.

Liam Ridgewell is a left sided CB, we have 2 of those - Dunk and Hunemeier.

More sensible to bring in a right sided CB for competition with Goldson.

Unless Dunk goes.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Just by way of context, I note that Benitez has been promised all the fish from player sales (est £40m) + a substantial additional amount!! I know money doesn't automatically buy success but Fcku Me!!!

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach
Well certainly not as much as last season, as stated by TB.
CH will have to do his magic all over again next season.
Frugal is the word :)

Not once did I hear any of those words or words to that effect in his season review.

If you are talking about his statement of 'There won't be as much as last season' , he's talking about the recruitment of personnel, not in monetary terms.

I would expect somewhere similar to our net spend last season, 9-10m or so.. really depends if we get 'our man' rather than settling for a more expensive alternative

I'd say we need 6 players, potentially 3 or 4 of those in cover/rotation. Moreover, the large part of the budget can be spent on a you know what (or two).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here