Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How do you solve the problem of Elvis?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
On the admittedly very little I've seen him, he's nowhere near championship standard. At Wolves if they had started me, Id've made more of a contribution than Elvis. Normally, I would've said he needs one more year but in his case I really think we should sell for whatever we can get and free up the wages.

He isnt even League 2 standard, says he regrets joining The Albion, and had 'issues' at Huddersfield. No logical or emotional reasons to keep him. It's not my money but he needs to be given an offer that sees him sod off. The sooner the better. Maybe when he buggers off he can take some of the palace goons on here with him?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Put him on the available for transfer list and monitor him pre season if his atttitude and application improve all well if not cut the losses with a possible pay off. Meanwhile hope a club in Holland come in for him. As was he is no use to this club on or off the field and we may have to accept signing him was a mistake. These things happen but not too often thankfully.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Was happy to give him another chance until that interview he gave.

And then the mysterious disciplinary issue when on loan at Huddersfield.

Showed himself up to be a rotten apple.

Get Rid.
Sounds about right to me.

I know the argument over whether attitude or ability is more important can be a divisive one but when the team seems to be ticking along nicely why risk upsetting it with Kemy v2.0?

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Depends on whether Hughton and the coaching staff think. If they can see something that they like and feel they can cajole it out of him, then give a chance. if they feel he offers nothing then we have to try and cut our losses and sell him on. No room for passengers in next year's squad.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Depends on whether Hughton and the coaching staff think. If they can see something that they like and feel they can cajole it out of him, then give a chance. if they feel he offers nothing then we have to try and cut our losses and sell him on. No room for passengers in next year's squad.
Well we currently have 4 - O'Grady, Elvis and Holla. Ankergren too but he does coaching with the youngsters.,

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford

If they thought anything of him by last December then we wouldn't have gone out and bought Knockaert and Skalak. That double purchase sent a clear message that Elvis was not the player we were looking for. Doubt he will play for us again - will be sold or loaned out.

What did we pay for him?
When is his contract up?

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Wonder what dud pup we'll buy this season as we always do every season :down:

As do most clubs, the higher you go, the more those pups cost the more the mistake is amplified. Even the likes of Man Utd and Chelsea make mistakes and they put millions on the balance sheet

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I agree with your sentiment, however at present, the starting 11 will have Skalak, Knockaert and Baldock. Murphy and KLL on the bench. When March comes back he will be in the mix too.

The problem is whether Manu will get a chance. Would he take it if he was given one?
There isn't much on offer for him at the moment. If we can sell him we should.
if only for practical reasons.

He's got a whole pre-season to stake a claim though. If he can get his head down, work hard and learn the offside rule then there's no reason why he wouldn't deserve to be in the squad for the first couple of games of next season.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I believe that the season prior to the one that saw him get 12 goals in 35 games for Feyenoord, he made just 1 appearance for them, despite a pretty successful loan in the previous season in the same division.
I can understand the guy being frustrated, he was playing and scoring, gets a good move to an English side on the rise and then doesn't get played.

What I find a little amusing is posters who are angry at him, for saying that it maybe was a mistake to come here, whilst at the same time, those posters are saying it was a mistake to bring him here.

Boy Blue

Banned
Mar 14, 2016
As do most clubs, the higher you go, the more those pups cost the more the mistake is amplified. Even the likes of Man Utd and Chelsea make mistakes and they put millions on the balance sheet

But they seem to offload them even if they don't recoup their original outlay.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I believe that the season prior to the one that saw him get 12 goals in 35 games for Feyenoord, he made just 1 appearance for them, despite a pretty successful loan in the previous season in the same division.
I can understand the guy being frustrated, he was playing and scoring, gets a good move to an English side on the rise and then doesn't get played.

What I find a little amusing is posters who are angry at him, for saying that it maybe was a mistake to come here
, whilst at the same time, those posters are saying it was a mistake to bring him here.

I think it was Elvis who said that before anybody else. Anybody who crosses that line at a club, any club, will find it difficult to win the supporters back. In Elvis' case I don't think that is high on his list of priorities-he reminds me of that other waste of space Dutchman who freeloaded of of us for 2 years. That might be unfair to him but so far he has done nothing to justify hanging on to him.

Sometimes football clubs have to cut their losses and get out of it as cheaply as possible.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
There must be something about him for us to pay 1.5 million.

Wasn't he one of the last signings by Burke and co? Genuine question-I can't remember.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Wasn't he one of the last signings by Burke and co? Genuine question-I can't remember.

No. Burke departed Xmas 2014, Manu signed last summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here