Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Are you into the Paranormal?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Im not a believer in it but some things have been happening in my flat recently that has started to make me think.

Our TV randomly turns on and straight back off again throughout the night. Been doing it for a month or so. I've put it down to a radio signal from someone else's tv or a signal from a phone the same as our remote is affecting our TV. Or the TV is going to give up soon.

The other, which I really can't explain is one day I was sterilising the baby bottles in the microwave. When they'd finished I put the steriliser on the cooker top, in the middle of all 4 rings to cool down, because it still had boiling water and steam in it I made sure I was careful and that it wouldn't fall off. I turned my back on it and was making some lunch for the next day. Half way through making it there was a smash on the floor behind me and I nearly shat my pants because of it.

The steriliser was on the floor. I have no logical explanation for that one. The cooker is level, the steriliser was perfectly balanced on it. It was there a good 5 minutes before it fell (or was it knocked?) off. If it was gonna fall then it should have gone quickly. And it wasn't next to the cooker, it was in the middle of the kitchen floor in a puddle of water. If it had just slipped off it would have fallen next to the cooker and spilled the water there. But the water was in the middle of the floor. Almost as if something had swiped it off quite fiercely.

Can't explain that one I must admit.

I sometimes also catch my daughter looking intently at doorways. Which freaks me out a little. As if she's looking at someone. That gives me shivers.

If a surface is wet, or the bottom of the object is wet, it can move very slowly.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
If a surface is wet, or the bottom of the object is wet, it can move very slowly.

Please leave sensible logical scientific explanations out of this,its all about FEAR :lolol:

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Agree with this as a child I had an incident of sleep paralysis where I was convinced something was pinning me to the bed and I was sure I was awake. The mind is incredible from incidents like this to recreating the sensation of falling.

Amazing how the mind can play tricks on people in moments of heightened emotion or sleep

I used to get this regularly and can be very scary if you don’t understand it, especially if your mind believes there is an evil spirit in the room with you.

You cannot even speak, let alone shout for help. :lolol:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I have a regular debate with a friends wife who absolutely believes in anything except modern medicine and science she even had one of her rooms exorcised and she uses the word 'open mined' to describe herself !!!

i am always perplexed by those that are "open minded" but dont believe the knowledge that gives us a cure for polio and make mobile phones work.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
It’s all relative really. If you went back in time to the 1600s and showed the locals a few electronic gizmos you’d be accused of witchcraft as they would not be able to grasp how these things worked. Similarly fast forward a few hundred years and a lot of current unexplained phenomena would have rational explanations.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
My Grandparents and a neighbour 100% saw an apparition of someone.

My great Grandmother 100% experienced the 3 knocks phenomenon.

I never had any doubt that they weren't telling the truth.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Depends what you include in Paranormal. Ghosts and fairies, no. But I am intrigued with reincarnation stories, toddlers with memories of wives and children etc. and am sure that most of the reports are sincere.
Some of the stuff theoretical physicists come up with, is pretty far from normal too.

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
Depends what you include in Paranormal. Ghosts and fairies, no. But I am intrigued with reincarnation stories, toddlers with memories of wives and children etc. and am sure that most of the reports are sincere.
Some of the stuff theoretical physicists come up with, is pretty far from normal too.

I remember watching the boy who lived before documentary which was pretty spooky!

https://youtu.be/LKXdEPfF_KY

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Agree with this as a child I had an incident of sleep paralysis where I was convinced something was pinning me to the bed and I was sure I was awake. The mind is incredible from incidents like this to recreating the sensation of falling.

Amazing how the mind can play tricks on people in moments of heightened emotion or sleep

I also suffer from sleep paralysis. not had it for a couple of years but used to get it a lot in my raving days when I pulled all nighters then crashed. So, so, weird but I am also fascinated by it.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Corrected for you.

Why would you "correct" something other people saw? You weren't there.

Why would three independent people state what they saw in plain sight a mere 10 metres away if it wasn't in fact visible to all?

They saw it, plain as the monitor in front of your face.

Don't pretend you're so enlightened you know everything about the cosmos. You don't.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Why would you "correct" something other people saw? You weren't there.

Why would three independent people state what they saw in plain sight a mere 10 metres away if it wasn't in fact visible to all?

They saw it, plain as the monitor in front of your face.

Don't pretend you're so enlightened you know everything about the cosmos. You don't.

Ok, ghosts and ghoulies, fairies, the bogeyman all exist because people have seen them.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Ok, ghosts and ghoulies, fairies, the bogeyman all exist because people have seen them.

I think you'll find there is far more documented evidence of people seeing/experiencing a "ghost" by an overwhelming % than when compared to the other three you named.

People are still reporting paranormal experiences all the time in this day and age. I've never heard anyone talk about "ghoulies, fairies, the bogeyman" in a modern context.
Just because three of the four things you mentioned might be based on mythology doesn't mean you can lump everything in the one basket and disregard other peoples experiences when so many different people of differing background have experienced/seen something unexplainable.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I think you'll find there is far more documented evidence of people seeing/experiencing a "ghost" by an overwhelming % than when compared to the other three you named.

People are still reporting paranormal experiences all the time in this day and age. I've never heard anyone talk about "ghoulies, fairies, the bogeyman" in a modern context.
Just because three of the four things you mentioned might be based on mythology doesn't mean you can lump everything in the one basket and disregard other peoples experiences when so many different people of differing background have experienced/seen something unexplainable.

Ok, fair point, let's discredit the others. What I am saying is that I am amazed by the number of people who believe in let's say god and ghosts based on the fact that someone else has told them a story about how they once saw them.

I just find it really difficult to understand that someone believes Jesus performed miracles because it says so in a book, god exists because a guy in the middle east said that he spoke to him or that ghosts exist because their grandmother once saw one.

Pretty weak evidence, don't you think?

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Ok, fair point, let's discredit the others. What I am saying is that I am amazed by the number of people who believe in let's say god and ghosts based on the fact that someone else has told them a story about how they once saw them.

I just find it really difficult to understand that someone believes Jesus performed miracles because it says so in a book, god exists because a guy in the middle east said that he spoke to him or that ghosts exist because their grandmother once saw one.

Pretty weak evidence, don't you think?

Belief goes beyond just a visual concept.

Tell me about love, do you believe in the concept of love?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here