Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Drum Monday!

Jan 30, 2008
germany is consistently held up as an example of this and having watched a few bundesliga games live there is a good amount of noise from be area immediately around the drum but the rest of the stadium is hardly a cauldron of noise. We forget that in germany far more beer is consumed as you can have a beer in your seat (a change i would back) which no doubt contributes to the atmosphere.

I am not alone in this opinion i have been to many grounds that have a drum and the drone is really irritating. If fans don't sing without a drum they are not going to start just because someone is tapping away. If anything it is a feeble solution to mask the lack of chanting

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalbion aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaalbion is the best we can muster these days:thumbsup:
regards
DR

Jan 30, 2008
2 tickets going if this is true, utter plastic and crap, what is our club coming to, this is worst than the clackers. Mr Barber and Perry please keep your word as you will lose loads of fans, pathetic Brighton after all we have battled over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MODERN DAY FOOTBALL AT IT'S BEST......... you got two choices
regards
DR

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Whether it happens or not I still think it's a bad idea tonight. Needs to be done properly not at the last minute.

Should be fine for songs tonight. Doo doo, doo doo doo doo doo etc.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
It's clearly going to be divisive. I fully understand that and why it's the case.

All I can say is that from the guys that are interested in being with the drum, they absolute do not want to have a drum that is constantly banging away aside from any singing. They want it to be integrated with existing singing, trying to bring all fans into the same song at the same time and maintain a uniform pace.

Everyone singing the same thing at the same time sounds good to me, but I completely get the concern.

A Boro fan was quoted as saying that it really does take a lot of work as the drummer to make fans aware of which song is coming next by alteration of the rhythm and then everyone knows what to sing when. You can't just turn up and start banging it and hope it works.

Tonight is not the time to start randomly trying it out but I'd welcome it if it makes a difference.

A Boro fan was quoted as saying that it really does take a lot of work as the drummer to make fans aware of which song is coming next by alteration of the rhythm and then everyone knows what to sing when. You can't just turn up and start banging it and hope it works.

Tonight is not the time to start randomly trying it out but I'd welcome it if it makes a difference.

This in buckets!:moo:

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
That tinpot band, like a really annoying mozzie in the background, may well be the single worst thing about watching England on the box, where at least the viewer can reach for the Mute button.

It thought they'd been shot by the FA hierarchy and I certainly didn't here their fair on Friday but then with what else was going on on the pitch maybe I blocked it out.

Quite frankly what with them and the light show it probably resembled something more like a Jean Michele Jarre or Pink Floyd concert and my brain just got confused.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
I hope this happens, just hope the drummer is not a complete din, and bangs it sympathetically, it will either make or break the atmosphere.
If he drums to compliment the singing it will work, if he try's to create a false atmosphere it will fall flat on its face, whoever it is let's hope he's a talented drummer !

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1

I think it is more the other way around, the drummer can help pace the chant after it starts. For example, great escape will obviously be sung tonight, as per usual this will get faster and faster until it falls apart. The drummer can hopefully keep a pace with it to stop Albion fans doing the 400mph thing which I really can't get my head around btw.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
2 tickets going if this is true, utter plastic and crap, what is our club coming to, this is worst than the clackers. Mr Barber and Perry please keep your word as you will lose loads of fans, pathetic Brighton after all we have battled over the years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Celtic- plastic.
Boca Juniors- plastic.
Dortmund- plastic.
Galatassary- plastic.

Only plastic clubs use drums, not real clubs with deafening, intimidating atmosphere's like Brighton & Hove Albion.

Boro5707

Dec 21, 2015
From a Boro perspective, red fraction started as a group in the south east corner. From less than 50 lads, making up there own songs and building over the last 5 years. It didnt happen over night, I doubt they could of just tipped up with a drum, for about the first 3 years they didn't have a drum. Now it has grown to a whole stand but that has taken around long time to achieve this. A lot of hard work and effort. Not just tippin up with a drum and expecting a atmosphere we created against you.
Good luck tonight

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I think it is more the other way around, the drummer can help pace the chant after it starts. For example, great escape will obviously be sung tonight, as per usual this will get faster and faster until it falls apart. The drummer can hopefully keep a pace with it to stop Albion fans doing the 400mph thing which I really can't get my head around btw.

Except what will actually happen is different groups in the North will start singing their own songs, and everyone else will get faster and faster anyway, regardless of the drum, resulting in one big mish-mash of white noise.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I would like to know where those against it sit at the amex ? i'm getting a mental picture of a group of anti drum campaigners all wearing the same brown jumpers and red cords tucked away in the east upper with a not really offensive banner saying down with this sort of din .

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here