Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dale Stephens' appeal [Update: appeal rejected, 3 game ban stands]

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I think the FA are looking at the option of replaying the game to avoid a multi million pound lawsuit, hence the delay. :wink:
I don't think there's any other option really.

Davemania

Jul 11, 2011
Uckfield
Mike Dean is a cu nt. Have you ever in your life seen a referee so influenced by home players. Not the fans, the home team players. What an absolute ****, I could see the realization in his face afterwards of what a complete **** he knew he'd been. He lets a Uruguayan cu nt rip the yellow card out of his hand, does nothing about it, sees the gash on the child's leg and summarizes that it must be a red then. Great refereeing. Only the biggest game for Brighton fans this generation

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So do you recall Sheff utd and their post tevez complaint?
That was about player eligibility wasn't it? It's completely different to refereeing decisions. If you play a sport like football, you have to have officials, and you have to accept they will make mistakes every single week. It's an unavoidable fact. The worst example I can think of (was it Sheffield?) is when a cross went wide of the goal, the attacking side tried to stop it going for a goal kick, so headed it back in play, and a goal was given. Complete madness. But no one gets sued, that's just life.

I said I was grasping at straws and I was being slightly tongue in cheek but never underestimate the options available that have been used by other clubs
Unfortunately you're not the first to suggest it, and others haven't been saying it tongue in cheek.

Just think what would happen to the world of sport if clubs could sue after every incorrect decision. Of course that can't happen.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
Mike Dean is a cu nt. Have you ever in your life seen a referee so influenced by home players. Not the fans, the home team players. What an absolute ****, I could see the realization in his face afterwards of what a complete **** he knew he'd been. He lets a Uruguayan cu nt rip the yellow card out of his hand, does nothing about it, sees the gash on the child's leg and summarizes that it must be a red then. Great refereeing. Only the biggest game for Brighton fans this generation

So you haven't exactly put the Boro game behind you yet then?

Exile

Objective but passionate
Aug 10, 2014
Agreed.

Disappointing for Boro that Ramirez will be missing after he injured himself.

Not so. Apparently it did 'smart' a little when he ripped the plaster off, but he's a brave little soldier and will be okay.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Say it as you see it :bowdown:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Where will the news show up first?

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I was just trawling twitter to see if there was a hint of when it would be announced, and did a search on #bhafc

Look at the photo they used for the top story.

Red Card.png

Should the Wednesday player have been shown a red? After all - in this case Liam played the ball yet he still got studded

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Well it could have been on that thread that was deleted moments ago, but failing that I guess Twitter
Thankfully the mods thought as much of that thread as I did. Hopefully we'll never see the OP again.

The club told me yesterday that they will announce it as soon as they know. So, a tweet pointing to a website article I assume.
Thanks. I'd rather it was just a tweet though, before they've had time to write and article.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I was just trawling twitter to see if there was a hint of when it would be announced, and did a search on #bhafc

Look at the photo they used for the top story.

attachment.php

Should the Wednesday player have been shown a red? After all - in this case Liam played the ball yet he still got studded
Without seeing the play in motion, that looks like an easy booking. He's late and catches Liam. Not sure if it's a red or yellow though. Just like Gaston was late. Stephens shouldn't have even got a yellow.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here