Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Chris Hughton mind games?

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Our losses are 17.3 million which is compliant with FFP and because we're ran as one company under the Gibson O'neill holdings it means we have no debt.

To be honest I don't really care how much Boro or Burnley spent on players. There is a very true saying ''The bigger they come, the harder they fall'' I am not 100% sure how the game next week will go. We are capable of beating anyone when this group all play well, but if we do prevail then it will feel like that adage is true.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Our losses are 17.3 million which is compliant with FFP and because we're ran as one company under the Gibson O'neill holdings it means we have no debt.

You're talking shit, quite frankly, on many levels. So much so that is barely worth responding to.

1. Your most recently announced loss was only £9m, not £17.3m (source: http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/boro-reveal-sharp-drop-annual-11156060)
2. Debt has nothing to do with FFP at all. FFP concerns itself with profit/loss over a single year. You could have debt of £1bn and still be FFP compliant. You could have £1bn cash in the bank and fail FFP.
3. Gibson O’Neill Company Limited, ultimately the parent company of Boro, does indeed soak up your losses (in the same way as Tony Bloom does for us). That is fine from Boro's ability to be an ongoing concern despite large losses (and, again, we're the same) but it does not provide any legitimate way to escape FFP scrutiny which looks at the football club's operation in isolation.

Maybe go back to talking about something you have some idea about, because here you clearly don't.

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
Hughton said before the season started that: "Any team who finishes above Boro will be promoted"

The pressure right this second is on us though, because if we don’t get a win against Derby, we will go into the final game needing to beat them by 4 goals or maybe few more.

We will only put pressure on Boro if we beat Derby so we shouldn’t get ahead of ourselves. If we only draw against Derby then the playoffs for us is the reality.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
They're not the smartest up there, are they:

10 minutes ago RonPipe
Hughton is under pressure tomorrow. They HAVE to beat Derby by 2 clear goals so they only need to draw at our place.
Ron Pipe will be disappointed with his comment when he looks at the table.

Dec 6, 2015
You're talking shit, quite frankly, on many levels. So much so that is barely worth responding to.

1. Your most recently announced loss was only £9m, not £17.3m (source: http://www.gazettelive.co.uk/news/teesside-news/boro-reveal-sharp-drop-annual-11156060)
2. Debt has nothing to do with FFP at all. FFP concerns itself with profit/loss over a single year. You could have debt of £1bn and still be FFP compliant. You could have £1bn cash in the bank and fail FFP.
3. Gibson O’Neill Company Limited, ultimately the parent company of Boro, does indeed soak up your losses (in the same way as Tony Bloom does for us). That is fine from Boro's ability to be an ongoing concern despite large losses (and, again, we're the same) but it does not provide any legitimate way to escape FFP scrutiny which looks at the football club's operation in isolation.

Maybe go back to talking about something you have some idea about, because here you clearly don't.

I didn't say it did. At any point.

The over all loss is 17.3.

Also calm yourself down petal.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The pressure right this second is on us though, because if we don’t get a win against Derby, we will go into the final game needing to beat them by 4 goals or maybe few more.

No, they would be one point ahead........a win would be all we need.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Hughton said before the season started that: "Any team who finishes above Boro will be promoted"

We will only put pressure on Boro if we beat Derby so we shouldn’t get ahead of ourselves. If we only draw against Derby then the playoffs for us is the reality.
Draw or lose v Derby, and a 1-0 win at riverside will still get us promoted.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Seems a lot of posters from here and elsewhere don't get FFP.
Jordan Rhodes may have cost £9M, but he is on a 4 and a half year contract. On the books for this season his transfer will show as a cost of £2.5M, at the most.
I don't know wether Boro have bust FFP or not, and even if they are currently overspent, the couple of games they have coming up in the play offs will probably balance the books:)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes dear you're right but I was making a comparison of the strength and value of our first 11 vs those other clubs. As the conversation progressed I included the rest of the squad, I haven't hidden or changed anything so I'm not really sure why you've got your thong in a twist and become a smart arse again?

I didn't say it did. At any point.

The over all loss is 17.3.

Also calm yourself down petal.

Your posts are starting to have a whiff of homophobia in them. Patronising, too.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

No, we can lose against Derby 10-0 and we'd still finish above Boro and go up by beating them 1-0.

Have you had a funny turn?

EDIT - I see you've been woken up now :)

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Seems a lot of posters from here and elsewhere don't get FFP.
Jordan Rhodes may have cost £9M, but he is on a 4 and a half year contract. On the books for this season his transfer will show as a cost of £2.5M, at the most.
I don't know wether Boro have bust FFP or not, and even if they are currently overspent, the couple of games they have coming up in the play offs will probably balance the books:)

It's not just those costs. All these big fees they have to pay large Agents fees on top of them, although I am not sure if they get included in the FFP calculations.

Dec 6, 2015
Your posts are starting to have a whiff of homophobia in them. Patronising, too.

Apologies - I felt both posters were a little over aggressive but I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone else or appear to be homophobic. Patronising perhaps but never homophobic, so for that I apologise.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
It's not just those costs. All these big fees they have to pay large Agents fees on top of them, although I am not sure if they get included in the FFP calculations.
Of course they would be.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Are you seriously comparing us to Bolton?

I'm happy to. For the record, I've also compared us to Bolton too.

All three clubs have been bankrolled by wealthy benefactors who are lifelong club fans. As long as they are pumping the cash in, that's all well and good.

Do you see Gibson throwing in the towel? Of course you don't. Do we see Tony Bloom giving up on the Albion? Likewise, no. But I bet that Bolton fans could not foresee Eddie "Bolton in my blood" Davies stopping his funding as he did either.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Apologies - I felt both posters were a little over aggressive but I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone else
I wasn't at all aggressive, I simply pointed out your mistake. You resorted to insults, so I resorted to ignoring you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here