Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ken Livingstone Suspended

Ken Livingstone Seagull

Aug 29, 2003
Maui, Hawaii
Crikey. For one terrifying moment my NSC "life", The Clique, the joys of Joke du Jour, Fireman Dan, Hiney Art, all of it, flashed before my eyes as I assumed from the subject line that Bozza had seen fit to take action after my last rant on the latest Health and Safety regulations regarding hammocks and the EU directives on what constitutes a proper Maui Tai.

Turns out my Muse is in a spot of hot water, tarnishing this correspondent's good name. At least he made the buses run on time. Wouldn't happen on Maui.
:down:

Sorrel

Jul 5, 2003
Back in East Sussex
Livingstone was using the kind of arguments against "Zionists" that can be heard in anti-Jewish conspiracy theories: they were in league with Hitler, for example. I'm surprised he didn't copy the shadow Chancellor's debating style and whip out his well-worn copy of the "Protocols of the Elders of Zion" while he was at it.

Is the way Livingstone behaves really the kind of argument that Labour supporters want to see from their party?

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Read this informative short article re the History of Israel & the surrounding area

www.shamrak.com

Check the History page

"My name is Steven Shamrak. I was born in the former Soviet Union, where for several years I was an active participant in the Moscow Zionist movement, particularly in the Jewish Law seminar."

Yep, the editor isn't biased at all is he ? :facepalm:

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
Read this informative short article re the History of Israel & the surrounding area

www.shamrak.com

:lol: now if I pointed to a website that conflicts that one I would be called a conspiracy theorist

The writer on that website, this is their profile. In their own words

Hi -- my name is Steven Shamrak. I was born in the former Soviet Union, where for several years I was an active participant in the Moscow Zionist movement, particularly in the Jewish Law seminar. I worked as a Construction Engineer at the Moscow Olympic Games projects and as a Computer Engineer in Australia.
Since August, 2001, I have been publishing a free Internet editorial letter on the Arab-Israel conflict. I am not a journalist or a political science academic. This allows me express freely ideas about the right of Jewish people to regain full control over the land of their ancestors without concern for rejection and banishment by my learned and distinguished colleagues.
I am not affiliated with, reporting to or sponsored by any organization, political party or movement. Often, I find association with them unproductive, as most Jewish organizations are apathetic, dismissive and even hostile toward the original Zionist idea – the Jewish State on both banks of the river Jordan.

Swillis

Banned
Dec 10, 2015
"My name is Steven Shamrak. I was born in the former Soviet Union, where for several years I was an active participant in the Moscow Zionist movement, particularly in the Jewish Law seminar."

Yep, the editor isn't biased at all is he ? :facepalm:

Exactly and that is all Steve foster could come up with

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
They also lobbied for and got 3 billion in aid for Israel every year. To say that they purposely place Jews in prominent positions to lobby on behalf of Israel is true, it's there whole aim.

So why dont pro- arabs do the same? Is it because the elected members prefer the arguments made by the pro-israel lobby, or are you insinuating there is some kind of semetic evil at work?.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Whatever you're opinions on Israel as a nation (and there are valid opinions on both sides), what you simply cannot do is use Hitler as a means of justification.

His whole ethos as laid out in Mein Kampf was based on the "Dolchstoss" - the stab in the back theory that it was the Jews who were responsible for Germany's loss in WW1. This theory was totally discredited but a good means of diverting attention from the economic mess Germany got itself into in the 1920s.

How this can used in modern society as some form of justification towards attitudes to today's Israel is totally beyond me. Hitler murdered millions of innocent people just because they were Jews based on a "big lie" theory, Livingstone is a disgrace - no more, no less

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Livingstone conned Londoners to vote him as Mayor then shows his true colours

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I am not ignorant. There is a difference between Zionism and Judaism. But of course they are deeply intertwined. I am certainly not anti-Semitic and I am not anti- Zionist. But I said I think the internet is not the place for that discussion. And I meant it.

Nice Dodge. Again. What exactly do you think is debatable about the existence of the state of Israel?

Oh and you are very ignorant. The EU defines Anti-Semitism under the three D's. Double Standards, Deligitamisaton and Demonisation. Your Statement falls under the first, and second term clearly.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm hoping Andy Burnham mounts a leadership challenge in the autumn. If that fails its time for a new party. Student politics is fun when you are a student, but when you are over 60, its time surely to Get a ****ing Job.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
You have specifically accused Jews around the world of protecting Israel from censure. That's going far beyond criticising Israel, you are criticising Jews.

The USA protects Israel. That's enough for them to ride roughshod over the Palastinians. The USA has the Jewish influence not Israeli.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I'm hoping Andy Burnham mounts a leadership challenge in the autumn. If that fails its time for a new party. Student politics is fun when you are a student, but when you are over 60, its time surely to Get a ****ing Job.

He's already lost two leadership elections by a big margin. A great Cabinet Minister, not a natural party leader.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach

Not a comment on Andy Burnham, but the only thing worse than bringing back the student politics of the GLC, would have been for Labour to have elected Derek Hatton as leader. Time after time these clowns are distracting attention from an appalling shambolic government and reminding voters that despite everything, things could somehow be even worse.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
A paradoxically interesting thread given that 2 of the Albion's best players are Israeli internationals, and the club's fans are indebted to a wealthy benefactor, who supports Zionism.

http://www.thejc.com/galleries/the-guest-list/a-large-crowd-collects-£100k-zf?img=5#gallery

The point being made is that it isn't paradoxical. It is absolutely possible to disagree with the actions of the Israeli government and bear no ill will to Jews and zionists (or even to support them in a football team or enjoy the spoils of one owning said football team).

Absolutely no paradox here at all.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
He's already lost two leadership elections by a big margin. A great Cabinet Minister, not a natural party leader.

funny thing to say when the current and previous two leaders have not been natural leaders either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here