Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What's the club average weekly wage? Who's the top earner

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I reckon it is Kaz and I'd say he's on £50 a week with a pound of sausages from the local butcher for every time he does a somersault.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Barber is on a £1 every 1000 words, hence his ludicrously high salary.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Knockaert, Zamora, Dunk up/near the top I reckon

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I expect the basic maximum is at £13K or lower probably £11k pw + massive promotion bonuses.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
That's what I thought, so it's impossible to work out players' wages, as a group or individually.

Certainly impossible to calculate on an individual basis, and rightly so too.

Only salary disclosed is that of the highest paid director.

It is possible to work out some rough figures.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
The wage bill is in the accounts, so you can use the number of players to work out the average.

The rest is all unsubstantiated chatter.

Anyone working in the wages department at the club would know but to be honest what the players earn is their own private business and no one else's.. You probably couldn't average it either with any real accuracy because the low earners in the bars and hospitality and admin staff would drive the average down and the Directors salaries would drive it up

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
That's what I thought, so it's impossible to work out players' wages, as a group or individually.
Well yes, but we are looking for the average player weekly wage, so non-playing staff won't throw that out by too many hundreds per player per week.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Anyone working in the wages department at the club would know but to be honest what the players earn is their own private business and no one else's.. You probably couldn't average it either with any real accuracy because the low earners in the bars and hospitality and admin staff would drive the average down and the Directors salaries would drive it up
Bar staff will be on Sodexo's wage bill, not the club's.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How true I dont know and how he knows also, but a chap on the train after last game was saying he had people ITK who told him no player at Brighton was on more than £10k per week basic and stories of CMS etc on £15k ish was absolute b......s. Whatever it is a lot more than me as I am retired. It amazes me why fans would want or need to know as it is not their money paying it.

albionite

May 20, 2009
How true I dont know and how he knows also, but a chap on the train after last game was saying he had people ITK who told him no player at Brighton was on more than £10k per week basic and stories of CMS etc on £15k ish was absolute b......s. Whatever it is a lot more than me as I am retired. It amazes me why fans would want or need to know as it is not their money paying it.

You are very good BG at finding people in the know,taxis, buses, pubs, in the west stand.

Must be you just have the knack of being in the right place at the right time.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
You are very good BG at finding people in the know,taxis, buses, pubs, in the west stand.

Must be you just have the knack of being in the right place at the right time.
It was 2 blokes talking on the train to Worthing not directly to me, that were rather loud so everybody around could hear.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Whatever it is, it's obviously essential that it's always quoted as a weekly amount rather than a salary because that makes it seem outrageous. A position that appears unique to football. Nobody moans about other entertainers like pop stars that trouser millions of pounds a year (or hundreds of thousands in our case), perhaps because people aren't so keen to equate it constantly to their own wages.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here