Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Burnley v Boro

Burnley v Boro

• Total voters

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Where's the option for 'dont really care, one or other or both of them are going to drop points which can only benefit us, assuming we manage to beat QPR'

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent
0-0 written all over it

Think that is a good shout, that or 1-0 to Burnley.

In the 9 home games that Burnley have played in 2016 they have only scored more than 1 goal in a game twice, mind you during that time they have only conceded 2 goals. Basically what I am trying to say is they get a lot of 1-0s (4) and 0-0s (2).

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Completely agree. A Boro win is the only way we can be in the top two at the end of tonight, and Burnley having a tricky trip to Preston in three days' time is just another reason to hope they're off balance. Not sure I think Boro will be going all out for it though.

I agree with all of that with the hopeful addition of Barton getting red carded.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Boro win please. I really couldn't give a toss about winning the league. It would be nice don't get me wrong but promotion is all that matters.

Boro were like the Harlem Globetrotters down at our place, whilst Burnley we're very average both down here and up at their place IMO. On that basis I hope it's us and Boro. I do still think this race has an unexpected twist in it still to come.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Thought I would have a look back at the head-2-head, but it tells us nothing much

Going back to 1972, this fixture has been played 12 times, with 4 wins each and 4 draws

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think Burnley will win tonight. It's very clear for them - it's all about the win, whereas for Boro a draw would be a great result so they may get caught between two stools.

Boro weren't brilliant against Bolton and got lucky that their £10million striker finally came good, whereas Burnley got a good win away at Birmingham.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
they hardly deserved that win though, same as Boro....

But getting the winner in the 77th minute vs a half-decent side looks better than scoring an injury time winner vs the bottom / already relegated side.

ManOfSussex

We wunt be druv
Apr 11, 2016
Rape of Hastings, Sussex
The entire Burnley squad to come down with a sudden gastroenteritis outbreak, this afternoon resulting in a particularly nasty dose for Joey Barton that results in him being humiliated in front of his team mates and Burnley to refuse to play tonight's game, which will be awarded to 'boro and Burnley deducted points. :mad:

Last edited:

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Picked wrong one doh!!
I want Boro win predict Boro win is what i meant to press

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Burnley win and we can wave goodbye to automatic promotion. After tonight, they have 7 points in the locker and we can't pass 93 points. Even if they lose tonight, Boro will win the next two v Ipswich and Brum to give themselves 91. A ' winner takes all ' shoot-out on the last day will favour Boro and they will ensure they don't lose to us.
A draw sees both stay ahead of us and can only help if Burnley lose at Preston, which is highly unlikely, as Preston are one of the lowest scorers in the division.
No question, a Boro win suits us best. We go ahead of Burnley and put pressure on them at Preston. As long as they don't take more than 7 points from their last 4 games, we could go up with a draw at Boro.
Its clearly our best chance.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
No question, a Boro win suits us best. We go ahead of Burnley and put pressure on them at Preston. As long as they don't take more than 7 points from their last 4 games, we could go up with a draw at Boro.
Its clearly our best chance.
Yep, although if Middlesbrough win tonight they could be Champions when we play them, which might help.

Aug 23, 2011
Yep, although if Middlesbrough win tonight they could be Champions when we play them, which might help.

I'm probably wrong but i hope boro have something to play for when we play them. They have seemed to be a bit susceptible to pressure this season and if they are already promoted when we play them then they might be more relaxed and actually harder to play against whereas if they know they need to win then they could make more mistakes and give us an edge.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'm probably wrong but i hope boro have something to play for when we play them. They have seemed to be a bit susceptible to pressure this season and if they are already promoted when we play them then they might be more relaxed and actually harder to play against whereas if they know they need to win then they could make more mistakes and give us an edge.
We can only guess. Fortunately, it won't make a difference what we think.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here