Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Can we start the Scottish referendum vote thread now ?

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I think every local council in Scotland voted remain. They will respond to Brexit with calls for a second referendum, and this time you've got to believe they'll edge it.

Not sure when it comes to the crunch they will vote to have the Euro as their currency! If they do vote to leave the UK we will have to rebuild Hadrians Wall!

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Maybe it would have been better to consider the consequences BEFORE voting? We have no manufacturing left-that was abandoned in favour of the financial sector which is about to get its ass ripped out, both later today and later as 10s of thousands of jobs shift across the Channel. Expect hard times ahead for many years. The world is a different place to what it was when Britain was strong-alone we don't have much to offer.

Leave looks odds on now. Address your 'constructive' comments to how we move on, not bitching. :O

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
BBC declaring leave now. Where's HT, Albumen, 5ways, wrong-direction et all? We want to have fun with you!
They will be on here soon enough clinging to every negative, predicting doom and despair.....

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Won't be going abroad for a holiday this year now due to the pound fall, will be doing more (unwanted) overtime to put aside a bit more money, thanks everyone.
Farrage's speech referencing war and "winning without a bullet fired" - a horror show.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
My German friend thinks it's a good result for Europe. I quote:

"I know the financial wizards in the EU at least are already planning to move their stuff to the mainland...probably Frankfurt. There is no reason to make the EU financial dealings in London anymore.
Do you know how much of Britains income stems from financial services?

Not to forget that GB imports much more from the EU than it exports (again, it's forte are financial services..less goods and actual products).

Especiall economically a Brexit is a losers deal!"

"The fun just starts...it's totally self inflicted, not a natural catastrophe or anything. They have only themselves to blame...no reason to cry (for us that is)...

The pound is already tanking!"

"I'm glad about the outcome!

A narrow win for the "remainers" would had been so bad for the EU. The british special requests wouldn't had become less much rather more and Farage had already announced that he and his UKIP would had kept on fighting in such a case. There would never be peace and GB never a normal member like everybody else.
Then better out now! Or as we in Germany say "Better an end with horror than a horror without end"!

We should be lenient to the Scots and other assorted ex-Great Britain counties though and let them in again....it's not their fault...it's only the English..."

I think none of us fully realises the consequences of Brexit yet.
Not forgetting the Welsh.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Exciting times - Now you just need a government worthy of such freedom.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Turn Out:

Southwest and southeast England: 76.7%

Eastern England: 75.8%

East Midlands: 74.2%

West Midlands: 72.3%

Wales 71.7%;

Yorkshire and the Humber: 70.2%

Northwest England: 70%

London: 69.4%

Northeast England: 69.4%

Scotland: 67.3%

Northern Ireland: 62.7%.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I think every local council in Scotland voted remain. They will respond to Brexit with calls for a second independence referendum, and this time you've got to believe they'll edge it.

The Scots have always refused to acknowledge the 'Midlothian Question' and insist their MPs at Westminster can vote on everything. The decision to have, or not have, another referendum, will constitutionally have to be made at Westminster.

Once we're out, it's questionable whether the EU will take them back anyway.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think every local council in Scotland voted remain. They will respond to Brexit with calls for a second independence referendum, and this time you've got to believe they'll edge it.

Edge it? They'll smash it this time. And I don't blame them. We're literally becoming Little Britain.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Leave will lose by about 1million votes. About 12 million voters didn't bother to vote. There we have it.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Won't be going abroad for a holiday this year now due to the pound fall, will be doing more (unwanted) overtime to put aside a bit more money, thanks everyone.
Farrage's speech referencing war and "winning without a bullet fired" - a horror show.

Give up mate, leave doesn't care if you lose your job as long as we have the hand on the tiller!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Edge it? They'll smash it this time. And I don't blame them. We're literally becoming Little Britain.

Northern Ireland voted remain too. What are they thinking?

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
Stick that in your pipe Brussels. Time for the rest of Europe to wake up and take note that the EU gravy train has come to staggering halt. It may well be a painful decision but the people of this country have spoken.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
The Scots have always refused to acknowledge the 'Midlothian Question' and insist their MPs at Westminster can vote on everything. The decision to have, or not have, another referendum, will constitutionally have to be made at Westminster.

Once we're out, it's questionable whether the EU will take them back anyway.

The EU said they would be welcome but they will have to join the Euro, help in bailouts to other failing countries. etc etc.

I don't think the Scots will want that in the cold light of the day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here