Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Brexit

If there was a second Brexit referendum how would you vote?

• Total voters

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Do we want more of this......Let us make OUR own decisions.

EU CAN PROSECUTE A MEMBER STATE FOR LACK OF "SINCERE COOPERATION"

This is a taste of things to come if we remain in the EU. If the Commission cannot get its way through the Council of Ministers, it can prosecute (and of course, fine) member states for failing in the "principle of sincere cooperation" established by treaty. But a principle is not an obligation, I hear you say. And no one ditches principles faster than the EU when it suits them, as we have seen repeatedly during the Eurozone crisis. But all means are equal when the Commission wants to impose its will and raise some money through fines. This is yet another backdoor way to impose EU legislation on member states.

European Commission - Press release
Rail transport: Commission refers Germany to the Court of Justice of the EU for failing to fulfil its duty of sincere cooperation

Brussels, 16 June 2016

Today, the European Commission decided to refer Germany to the Court of Justice of the EU owing to the conduct adopted by the German authorities at the 25th session of the Revision Committee of the OTIF held in Bern, Switzerland, on 25-26 June 2014.

Today, the European Commission decided to refer Germany to the Court of Justice of the EU owing to the conduct adopted by the German authorities at the 25th session of the Revision Committee of the Intergovernmental Organisation for International Carriage by Rail (OTIF) held in Bern, Switzerland, on 25-26 June 2014.
http://europa.eu/rapid/press-release_IP-16-2104_en.htm

Wow the BBC is biased! Badly.
You are not wrong. The EU referendum has not been their finest hour. If we vote remain it will be ****ing hilarious if the EU rule that the BBC is illegal under their completion rules. A compulsory tax for a state funded company should be illegal.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
And the evidence for your claim of Brighton being the most left wing place in the country? And for your suggestion that being left wing is a Remain characteristic? And while we're about it, for the assumption that Brighton is heavily Europhile?

Plus, the assumption that everyone on here is from Brighton.....

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
You are not wrong. The EU referendum has not been their finest hour. If we vote remain it will be ****ing hilarious if the EU rule that the BBC is illegal under their completion rules. A compulsory tax for a state funded company should be illegal.

The trouble is, we all look at things with our own prejudices. Personally, I think the BBC has been biased towards Leave. The amount of airtime given to Farage, for instance, has been incredible. However, I accept that I am biased myself. At the end of the day if both sides think the ref was crap, he probably did an OK job!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

you mean like the NHS?

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
From whom do you think the commissioners take their instructions?

not the European Parliament, which is the point being made. not really about who does the minutiae of drafting of documents, drafting as in outlining the policy and objectives of the legislation. if you want to bring the civil service into it, you may as well say no country has demoracy as they are all actually run on a day to day operational basis by civil servants.

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
I hope you get prostrate cancer, your dick rots and you can't afford treatment.

Oops have I misinterpreted your post?

nope, just not understood it.

The trouble is, we all look at things with our own prejudices. Personally, I think the BBC has been biased towards Leave. The amount of airtime given to Farage, for instance, has been incredible. However, I accept that I am biased myself. At the end of the day if both sides think the ref was crap, he probably did an OK job!
Good point, but the BBC are only focusing on Farage because he is the weakness for Vote Leave. The guy is an absolute clown. The real vote Leave wants nothing to do with him. Gisela Stuart, Daniel Hannan and Andrea Leadsom have been wonderful on the various debates I have been to.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
not the European Parliament, which is the point being made. not really about who does the minutiae of drafting of documents, drafting as in outlining the policy and objectives of the legislation. if you want to bring the civil service into it, you may as well say no country has demoracy as they are all actually run on a day to day operational basis by civil servants.

Who appoints commissioners? The elected governments of the member states.

Who decides the direction of the EU? The member states as per the numerous treaties that they have signed up to.

This picture that Brexit paint of unknown unelected individuals coming up with laws just because they can is a joke, but still they perpetuate it.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Anyone see the Newsnight bit right now interviewing old people and young people in Bognor? Just about sums it up. Old for out because they remember something better, young for in because they're internationally minded.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Who appoints commissioners? The elected governments of the member states.

Who decides the direction of the EU? The member states as per the numerous treaties that they have signed up to.

This picture that Brexit paint of unknown unelected individuals coming up with laws just because they can is a joke, but still they perpetuate it.

What they complain about is 1 voice in 28. Regardless of financial and common sense input there is no proportional representation. Remind anyone of anywhere? Take our future, demand change and THEN re-enact with the EU. Even if it takes ten years. Maybe property may devalue enough that my kids and potential grandkids can afford a house and have a stable job.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
WORLD War Two veterans yesterday begged the people of Britain to back Brexit – claiming the PM was “misleading” the British people to keep us in the EU.
The five heroes blasted the EU as anti-democratic and said they had “served the country on land, sea and air to ensure that future generations could be free and independent”.
Meeting the vets at a Berkshire airfield yesterday, Brexit backing Minister Priti Patel said she was “honoured”.
“These people fought for our country, and on Thursday we need to vote for our democracy,” she said.
“Defence of the realm is one of Government’s most basic duties.”
She added: “The prospect of having our security policy dictated by Brussels is a huge concern – and makes a mockery of the claim that Britain is stronger in the EU.”

Former Royal Engineer Colin Ashford insisted too much power had been given to Brussels: “We have seen a steady EROSION of our democracy.”
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/polit...t-we-fought-for-urging-voters-to-back-brexit/

Wow, this really smacks of desperation.
Wheeling out five WW 2 veterans to try and influence, who exactly?
All the old boys would be in their late 80s to 90s, possibly with the mental deterioration that goes with it,and just because they fought in a war that finished 70 years ago, we are meant to be influenced to vote leave? I served in two war zones, I have all my mental faculties and I say vote remain, but I wouldn't expect anyone to vote that way on my say so.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Respectfully disagree there.
The EU controls around 350 million of our cash every week. The transaction does not involve a straight bank transfer, I agree, but they do tell us how to spend it in some form of grant/subsidy.

Immigration is uncontrollable under the EU. Migrants from North Africa and the middle east may not count as EU immigration under the figures but a good majority of them arrive through the European open border system.

If you were a multi national car company or manufacturer why would you choose to manufacture in Britain when you have a 24 mile channel to cross to get to your market in Europe. Nissan, Toyota, Honda build cars here because of good tax breaks and a productive workforce. They will not move to Europe if we get out. The Europeans love to strike and are not as productive per worker as as Brits.

Where do the EU control £350m of our money, can you provide a link to substantiate that. Dingodan said the same but then didn't back it up; Is it something you heard Gisela Stuart keep spouting as she continually claims we are spending £350m on the EU every week despite this being proven not to be true.

The Rivet

Aug 9, 2011
Anyone see the Newsnight bit right now interviewing old people and young people in Bognor? Just about sums it up. Old for out because they remember something better, young for in because they're internationally minded.

:sick:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here