Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Join the pisssed off I cant get a Boro ticket club.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The 79 trip north has become legendary in our history and many of us haven't wanted to miss out on that possibility twice, no matter how unlikely, so committed early.

It is a real shame that they couldn't give us another 1, 000, and hope we will keep this in the memory if ever the roles are reversed.

On a similar note, I see Burnley are at Charlton last game of the season. In likely event Charlton are down by then, can see them opening up The Valley to as many Burnley as want to go. More than a tad unfair that they will likely have a lot more fans there than we will.

Won't they have the same issue with segregation and STs being held in all the other stands. It's not a bowl, it's got one away stand and that's it.

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
Buy a ticket for their next home game, then you have purchase history.
Then apply for the Albion game.

Cost you double a normal ticket , but at least your in.

Or just as cheap - buy a two bed terraced house up there and just get the BHA match tickets sent there.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Won't they have the same issue with segregation and STs being held in all the other stands. It's not a bowl, it's got one away stand and that's it.

I thought I read somewhere that they gave fans of other clubs in the past more tickets than just that stand. Apols if that's not correct.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
The 79 trip north has become legendary in our history and many of us haven't wanted to miss out on that possibility twice, no matter how unlikely, so committed early.

Still don't know to this day why I didn't go to Newcastle that day. I was 14 and had been to quite a few aways by then with dad and my brother, but didn't go to that one. They both went, but I didn't and Dad is now long gone and my brother can't remember either so guess I will never know why I didn't go :shrug:

bn1&bn3 Albion

Jan 15, 2011
Portslade

It is a real shame that they couldn't give us another 1, 000, and hope we will keep this in the memory if ever the roles are reversed.

On a similar note, I see Burnley are at Charlton last game of the season. In likely event Charlton are down by then, can see them opening up The Valley to as many Burnley as want to go. More than a tad unfair that they will likely have a lot more fans there than we will.

I highly doubt they'd give Burnley more than 3000, the club and police already have enough to worry about with the protests against the Charlton board.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
If this game ends up being a dead rubber (and there's a very decent chance of that), then this place will be absolutely FLOODED with spares.

Goes without saying that I hope we can avoid them, but BAD fan that I am, I'm keeping my powder dry for a couple of BDO's in the Playoffs.

Last edited:

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Still don't know to this day why I didn't go to Newcastle that day. I was 14 and had been to quite a few aways by then with dad and my brother, but didn't go to that one. They both went, but I didn't and Dad is now long gone and my brother can't remember either so guess I will never know why I didn't go :shrug:

I was 11 and feel your pain!

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
If this game ends up being a dead rubber (and there's a very decent chance of that), then this place will be absolutely FLOODED with spares.

Goes without saying that I hope we can avoid them, but BAD fan that I am, I'm keeping my powder dry for a couple of BDO's in the Playoffs.

The games at Port Vale (2002) and at Notts County (2011) were dead rubbers, as we had won the title already, but they were two of the best awaydays for me.

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
The games at Port Vale (2002) and at Notts County (2011) were dead rubbers, as we had won the title already, but they were two of the best awaydays for me.

I would classify a dead rubber as meaning no chance of automatic. A promotion party away day is a very different thing, and doubt very few would give up their tickets in that event!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

I was at both of those too, and yes they were absolutely tremendous. Did Port Vale there and back on the day getting bladdered on white wine on the coach. I can remember a service station somewhere near Birmingham on the way back where we pulled in and saw a table of champagne or something set up for Albion fans to quaff from - which we did, just as a coach full of glum looking Bournemouth fans pulled in on their way back from Wrexham or somewhere, having just been relegated. Scenes, absolute scenes.

Notts County I went to wearing an inflatable horse.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
So what you are saying is that because you didnt get your finger out and get them when they became available, it is the clubs fault. Irrespective of how busy I was I would have made 15 mins to do it on line or by phone, during my lunch break or whenever if I really wanted to go to the game which obviously you did. I was eligible at 9.00am Monday, I phoned at 9.10 no 5 in the queue and all done by 9.30.

I'm a little intrigued and apologise if this has previously been answered but firstly how did you convince them to sell over the phone prior to the time phone sales were allowed for that level of priority and secondly how did you reach that points level having previously stated that you hoped it wouldn't require loyalty points as that would mean you would have to cancel a hotel booking in Middlesborough if that were the case as you no longer attended away games.

happygull

Dec 28, 2011

Have to agree about the Notts County dead rubber ... Hooters before the game, GG's own goal, Ashley Barnes 20th goal of the season, Tommy E's innocuous looking injury and watching a young Alan Judge, thinking hmmmm he could do a job

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

It could even mean that Boro and us play each other again 10 days later in a play off spot. Unlikely, but it could happen.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If anyone hasn't got a HOME ticket, 27K have already been sold for the Derby game, and 26K for the Fulham game. Buy as soon as you can.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border

What has Darts got to do with this?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Notts County was qualla. Stewards turning a blind eye to taking pints into the stand

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Notts County was qualla. Stewards turning a blind eye to taking pints into the stand

There were surreal scenes at the end. Several thousand County fans spilled onto the pitch and stood in front of us, like Zulus in the film, and started singing: "We hate Palace." Albion fans sang back: "We hate Forest." They were pleased to have avoided the drop, we were pleased to have won the title (some weeks before), so something of a love-in ensued.

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
I'm going to get a ticket in the home end regardless. Maybe a kindly steward will sneak me in to our section

Don't bother trying unless you have purchase history for Middlesbrough. They are aware that Brighton supporters have done this. May be the best idea would be for a few thousand to turn up and hope that they will be let in to make life easy for the Police.

07May2016

Apr 8, 2016
Fear not ladies and gents, i got my ticket yesterday morning. Nice and close to the away end so i can see the tears running down your faces all the way through our promotion party.
In all seriousness though i do hope we both go up as Dyche as a horrible horrible man!! Shootout for the title would be nice. I fear for you if you need to come here and win though, because our home record is outstanding.
Also, the bloke who gave away his row and block in the home end. Well played sir, your stupidity is hillarious

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here