Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Northern Ireland

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Eventually the Catholic population will outnumber the Protestant. Things will probably change. The most important thing is that people are mature about it. That area of land belongs to those who live there, we have no ownership rights. Relationships between the communities is the top priority, not the system of governance. Great strides have been made in recent times.
No it wont,as has already been stated, the majority of the Catholic population would now rather stay within the UK.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
look this it 2016 not 1916

if it hadn't been for the 1st World War,Ireland was poised for a civil war

the protestants would have gone through the South like a dose of salts

the border would have been about 5 miles north of Dublin otherwise

any community that paints their curbs red,white & blue are British in my book
A lot of southern irish protestants thought against the British in the war of independence.

The 1798 rebellion was led by Wolfe Tone who was a protestant.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
A lot of southern irish protestants thought against the British in the war of independence.

The 1798 rebellion was led by Wolfe Tone who was a protestant.

Who'd have fought it?

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
No it f*cking shouldn't. Ulster is British.

It would be the ultimate betrayal of our fellow countrymen if we sold them out. Prats like you don't have a scoobies about the issues at stake or the people involved.

I used to live in Ulster, County Donegal to be specific. The country I resided in was not British.

If you don't have a scoobie about the Irish provinces I suggest you stop mouthing off or you'll make yourself look a bit of a prat.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
I used to live in Ulster, County Donegal to be specific. The country I resided in was not British.

If you don't have a scoobie about the Irish provinces I suggest you stop mouthing off or you'll make yourself look a bit of a prat.

I think you should take your own advice. Whether you like it or not, Ulster IS British.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
I think you should take your own advice. Whether you like it or not, Ulster IS British.

It's nothing to do with what I, you or anyone else 'likes'. Ulster is made up of counties from both the Republic and Northern Ireland.

Last edited:

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
It's nothing to do with what I, you or anyone else 'likes'. Ulster is made up counties from both the Republic and Northern Ireland.

Oh yeah, well then, errrr, let me tell you this...........Yes, you're right actually.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland

Ulster consists of 9 counties, 3 of which have been in the Republic of Ireland and predecessor states since 1922. I'm from one of those 3.

If you don't know what a word means, don't use it.

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Ulster consists of 9 counties, 3 of which have been in the Republic of Ireland and predecessor states since 1922. I'm from one of those 3.

If you don't know what a word means, don't use it.

I mistakenly thought I did know what it meant, so how was I supposed to know not to use it? I admit I learned that something l always believed, was wrong. I think I had already acknowledged that in my previous post, and therefore wasn't in need of some smart-arse from a third world country to stick his oar in.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
I mistakenly thought I did know what it meant, so how was I supposed to know not to use it? I admit I learned that something l always believed, was wrong. I think I had already acknowledged that in my previous post, and therefore wasn't in need of some smart-arse from a third world country to stick his oar in.

Thinking without actually knowing causes a lot of problems.

Bitchiness does too.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

You use the term 'British' with a worrying sense of ownership. I don't regard Ulster as British, and many of those who live there don't. It is part of the United Kingdom, and may wish to remain so, but it is Irish (although very different to Eire). If anything the area seems to be developing a cultural identity of its own.

This is why I forsee an independence that doesn't attach itself to the south or the mainland.

A lot of unionist Scots don't see themselves as 'British'. Ditto the Welsh.

Last edited:

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Are you one of those idiot people who do these orange marches every year just to cause the police a problem?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here