Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WHC IX: The FINAL***

Hardest Beast?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Well at the very basic level it has to be pound for pound surely?

Oh, so you're comparing an American freshwater Croc against the competitor here, which is a Salty and then cry foul.

#gettingdesperate

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
can our resident WHC statistician confirm whether or not this is the most NAILBITING final ever?

'Nail biting' is a subjective term, but the closest final ever was 2014 when the Mantis Shrimp prevailed with just 51.4% of the vote. But most would argue that wasn't particularly a nailbiting final; it was a foregone conclusion well before the voting closed that there was only going to be one winner. (See this year's QF)

2013 however was almost as close, and in lacking the controversy and 'inevitability' of the following year was probably more nailbiting in my view. Fewer votes in total, but the Polar Bear squeaked past the Croc 75-67 (52.8% of the votes)*. That's nailbiting.

But based on where we're at now, and the lack of either a perennial loser, or a perennial winner, for my money this years final IS the most nailbiting ever.

*The same 2 animals met in the inaugural animal bowl, which was the most one sided in history; 35-18 to the Polar Bear. 35-18! How this competition has blossomed.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
'Nail biting' is a subjective term, but the closest final ever was 2014 when the Mantis Shrimp prevailed with just 51.4% of the vote. But most would argue that wasn't particularly a nailbiting final; it was a foregone conclusion well before the voting closed that there was only going to be one winner. (See this year's QF)

2013 however was almost as close, and in lacking the controversy and 'inevitability' of the following year was probably more nailbiting in my view. Fewer votes in total, but the Polar Bear squeaked past the Croc 75-67 (52.8% of the votes)*. That's nailbiting.

But based on where we're at now, and the lack of either a perennial loser, or a perennial winner, for my money this years final IS the most nailbiting ever.

*The same 2 animals met in the inaugural animal bowl, which was the most one sided in history; 35-18 to the Polar Bear. 35-18! How this competition has blossomed.

Not%20Going%20Out.jpg

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I've thrown in behind the Wolverine. I don't believe the massive territory bollocks, but it's definitely more actively aggressive than the Croc.

Stumpy Tim

Yes, it's renowned for being the 2nd hardest in America.

With totally different rules. The Grizzly would beat the Wolverine, but that doesn't make it harder. It makes it bigger. You know this, but you're spinning again.

If the croc does win, you will have short-term glory I'm sure. However, when you start waking up in sweats in the middle of the night screaming, don't come to me. You'll have to live with your actions.

Stumpy Tim

I've thrown in behind the Wolverine. I don't believe the massive territory bollocks, but it's definitely more actively aggressive than the Croc.

http://www.defenders.org/wolverine/basic-facts - "Wolverines are territorial animals and defend large, gender-exclusive territories. They naturally occur at low population densities."

http://www.livescience.com/27461-wolverines.html - "Wolverines are solitary creatures, and need great swaths of territory to roam. Males mark their territory with their scent and only share their turf with females. Their territories can range from 40 miles (65 km) to more than 372 miles (600 km)."

Believe it

#Wolverine

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
With totally different rules. The Grizzly would beat the Wolverine, but that doesn't make it harder. It makes it bigger. You know this, but you're spinning again.

And yet YOU keep trotting out the 'regularly beats bears' bullshit. #spin

http://www.defenders.org/wolverine/basic-facts - "Wolverines are territorial animals and defend large, gender-exclusive territories. They naturally occur at low population densities."

http://www.livescience.com/27461-wolverines.html - "Wolverines are solitary creatures, and need great swaths of territory to roam. Males mark their territory with their scent and only share their turf with females. Their territories can range from 40 miles (65 km) to more than 372 miles (600 km)."

Believe it

#Wolverine

zzzzzzzz. If you dropped me on MARS, as the only living creature, I'd have a 'territory' the size of ****ing MARS. It wouldn't make me HARD.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
What a contest. Who's your money on?

All I know is that it could well be decided by a last minute winner. Proof of hardness between then and now could make all the difference for either of these fine combatants. :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here