Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

So who's this KIT NAPIER?

arfer guinness

Feb 15, 2007
All the names mentioned were great in their day but surely the best goals to games ratio over one season must be Bobby Smith in 1964/65. Maybe playing for England and then 12 months later playing in the fourth division may have given him an advantage. Lucky enough for me I was able to see him at the start of my Albion days.

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
It's only remembering I saw Charlie Liversey and blue shirts with white sleeves that I know which year I started watching. First real hero Alex oo oo Dawson, standing in the North Stand watching him approach and slam it over the bar, scary.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Great to see so many have joined in on this thread.

Just a few things prompted by various comments,

Our Busby was Dave and not related to Sir Matt, and if you saw a picture you'd probably see that!
Alex Dawson was one of the youngsters that had to play after Munich, scoring a semi-final hat-trick at 17. he went to PNE, scoring in a Cup Final and joined us at the end of his career signed by former team mate, Freddie Goodwin.
Howard Wilkinson was a RIGHT winger (no 7). Left wing was Tawse then Armstrong.
Stewart Henderson did not break his leg but left back George Dalton did and it ended his career.
Ken Beamish was a 'robust' forward with a never say die spirit. He was with Tranmere before us and tended to score against us.
Alan Duffy did start & score, on his debut, crashing a shot in-off the bar. Seems he never stopped hitting the bar after that!

Oh, and you can have as many heroes as you like, they don't have to be 'better than' they just have to give you happy memories!

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
great thread!

did anyone see Kit Napier's hat trick against Bristol Rovers?

I certainly didn't, just before my time,did he score any other hat tricks for us?

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Alex Dawson played for Albion in the days when goalkeepers were not "mollycoddled" by the referees. Alex always made point early in the game to shoulder charge the opposition 'keeper just to establish who was boss.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Charlie played for us between '65 and '69. He was pally with my old man so remember him well both in his playing days and latterly.
Died 10 years ago

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here