Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Have you booked your summer holiday yet?

Ludensian Gull

Apr 18, 2009
Thorpness Suffolk
May get up there again for a4/5 days this summer. You're right it is excellent. We did Ben Nevis at the end and, standing in knee deep snow, were able to see Ireland and the Isle of Man. There wasn't a cloud in the sky.
Impressed with you taking a tent. With a tent have walked the Tasmanian wilderness walk, fly in by 4 seater plane and walk out carrying tent and food for 5 days. Cradle Mountain in Victoria, Aus. Torres Del Paine in Chile. Couple of glaciers in Argentina. Mt Whitney in US. Have got pack weight down to 10kg, without tent or food, and could survive rain, sun, snow or -15C with contents, if there is a hut for rolling out the sleeping bag. BUT add the tent and a heavier rucksack is needed and 6kg is added. Plus she doesn't like the extra weight.
Hence the repeat trekking in Nepal. No tent. Food every couple of hours and accommodation. Can do it in Winter and lovely people.

Jeez, more impressive places than I've done :lol:. We've done the West Highland Way, Viking way, part of Southdowns Suffolk Coastal & speyside way all with tent, love setting down after a hard days stomp to a camp dinner and a good sleep under the stars.

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
France for England v Wales leave on a tuesday
War graves on wednesday with it being 100 years of battle of the bulg.
Footy and booze thursday
Friday feeling like shit
Sat come home
Ferry £30 3* hotel in Armien £120 each 6 of us
Thatll do me

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Where did you go? Be interested to if you did anything that i should consider. PM if need be.

I did this over 2 weeks. A little rushed, another 3-4 days on this route would have been better.
I'd recommend every place on this map.

Untitled.png

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
I did this over 2 weeks. A little rushed, another 3-4 days on this route would have been better.
I'd recommend every place on this map.

Untitled.png

Did you do Leonard Knight's salvation mountain? Great isn't it. I paced your 5k before you went.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
16 days in Dalyan/Ovacik - June

6 days in Krakow - Oct

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Mrs Fantana is due to give birth to our first, right in the middle of the summer holidays so we'll be looking for a March/early April getaway. Any recommendations for somewhere good at that time of year great fully received!

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Slightly off piste, drove Phoenix - Jerome - Grand Canyon - Hoover Dam - Vegas taking in Bryce and Utah. Thoroughly recommended. Stunning drive

Sounds great.
I'd love to see much more oh New Mexico and Utah.
Especially Zion, Arches and Bryce.
Not to mention Roswell!

What sort of vehicle did you drive out there?

Prettyboyshaw

Feb 20, 2004
Saltdean
PPF

Not sure who annoys me more you or mustafa. Right to left but your constant :whistle: and ****ish comments win you the prize

<mod edit>: naughty word removal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Sounds great.
I'd love to see much more oh New Mexico and Utah.
Especially Zion, Arches and Bryce.
Not to mention Roswell!

What sort of vehicle did you drive out there?

Was back in 1999, some comfy saloon. Sat Navs were new, and quite regional. As we headed towards the Hoover I recall it stating 'World's End'. The hotel/motel in Utah was great..Regan slept in this room filming this, Gary Cooper here blah blah. When I asked for a beer at dinner the look on her face, you'd have thought I asked for a sh@g.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Yup, booked a lovely villa on the side of the Besparmik mountains a couple of miles from Kyrenia in Northern Cyprus.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Ive read the first 2 pages of this thread and feeling depressed!

How do a lot of you get time off work to do all this? Or even afford it?

I'm lucky if I've got £50 in the bank come the end of the month and am already down to my last £100 this month to last til the 27th.

I only get 20 days leave a year and have to take 3 of them at Christmas.

A proper holiday is a pipe dream to me. If I'm careful with my money I can afford to do a sun holiday in a caravan in Sept for £10 for a week!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here