MMOTHS - Luneworks

Explosions in the Sky - The Wilderness

Eric Bachmann - Eric Bachmann

Parquet Courts - Human Performance

Tim Hecker - Love Streams

Three Trapped Tigers - Silent Earthling

Frightened Rabbit - Painting Of A Panic Attack

Teen Suicide - It's The Big Joyous Celebration, Let's Stir The Honeypot

:thumbsup: I've got my eye on that Tim Hecker album as well.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
PJ Harvey's new album came out on Friday, and I have been listening to it quite extensively this weekend.

One pundit described it as her 'Let America Shake' album, and you can tell why - it paints a pretty bleak picture of war torn countries, and Washington DC does not escape either.

I'm really enjoying it. Let England Shake is one of my favourite albums of all time, so it was hard to follow that in my book. But yeah, this one will last.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
PJ Harvey's new album came out on Friday, and I have been listening to it quite extensively this weekend.

One pundit described it as her 'Let America Shake' album, and you can tell why - it paints a pretty bleak picture of war torn countries, and Washington DC does not escape either.

I'm really enjoying it. Let England Shake is one of my favourite albums of all time, so it was hard to follow that in my book. But yeah, this one will last.

With a bit of luck, I'll make it along to Resident tomorrow, to pick up a copy. What are others favourite albums so far this year, just to see if anything piques my interest?

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
A couple of excellent local efforts I'm digging recently.

Map 71 - Sado Technical Exercise (https://map71.bandcamp.com/) FFO The Fall, Sleaford Mods, John Cooper Clarke etc...

Ellie Ford - The Other Sun (https://hiddentrailrecords.bandcamp.com/album/the-other-sun (full album on Spotify)) FFO: Joanna Newsom, Kate Bush etc...

Hidden Trail, the label that have put out the Ellie Ford record do a really nice line in female fronted folk/pop. The Elin Ivarsson record is nice as well.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I'm enjoying the new Suuns album even if the 12" sleeve got bent in the post.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sleeve unbent, but not convinced by new Moderat album. Sleeve unbent and very convinced by new The Field long player.

Jul 7, 2003
Picked up the new Dowling Poole album "One Hyde Park" at the weekend. On first listen, very much along similar lines to their debut album with loads of great harmonies.

Also picked up the new/rereleased album by The Struts - a UK band doing rather well over the pond at the moment. Maybe not one for the purists but is a very decent pop/rock album that is very listenable. Check out the lead singer who does look remarkably similar to a young Freddie Mercury.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Got my first CDs for a while. Early signs of Tim Hecker are v impressive. Only listened to PJ Harvey one-and-a-bit times, still don't know what to make of it. Three cracking albums:
Sons of Kemet, released last year, an improvement on their debut album, some brilliant moments
Fire -- She Sleeps, She Sleeps -- a bit drone-y from Mats Gustafsson and co
The Thing -- Shake -- extremely noisy from Mats Gustafsson and co, a cracking album

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Which poster said they intended to make all this year's purchases vinyl? Curious as to how it's going.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here