Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Albion accounts 2014-15

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
...TB continues to invest heavily: during the year, he put another £17m in as a loan; £11m of which was subsequently converted into shares.

Seeing as he already owns the vast majority of the shares, isn't that effectively writing it off?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
....and by way of comparison.......£2 BILLION ! Glad we're in the hands of a true fan

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-34972478

ERM its all a matter of scale. If you take abramovitch, he is a through and through Chelsea fan, (who gives a **** where he has come from.)...who just happens to have thrown millions at his team. Bloom is a through and through Albion fan, whose family have had interests in the club for years ( Bloom was on Archers board) and has thrown millions at the club.

Football that we know and love is not as it was 30 years ago when local clubs were owned by local people....its now an international brand ( Even Bournemouth are owned by a Russian with US backing too) and if we go up and who knows, are relatively successful, you can see pressures to get the best players in to keep us up meaning that Bloom's money may not be enough and we need other investment. In that case if some Arab or daft yank offered a billion to invest in a successful club with a lovely ground and training complex, then we would bite their hands off ( Of course the right on fans like me will tell you that we were happier at Withdean with 5k fans every week)

If I was looking at those figures, I would say the losing £10million a year is unsustainable, but we are relying on a sugar daddy to keep us afloat.

what happened to teh cup final money? That would have been worth billions now....Dick Tight OUT!!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well done CH. At this time last year - reaching its nadir at the Millwall game - it felt like we were odds on for relegation and had than happened it would all look a lot different now.

It's a funny old game.

Scary isn't it.
I still find it astonishing that Hyypia had to fall on his sword and resign for the situation to be addressed. Had he remained in charge for another month, I think the damage may well have been irreversible last season. The complete overhaul at the end of last year that resulted, with the subsequent binning of Burke, set this club on a very different path.

Bloom doesn't get much wrong, but thanks christ he was forced into that overhaul just in time last year. Next years accounts would have made for some pretty gruesome reading if we were back in the noddy leagues right now, that's for sure.

WonderingSoton

Dec 3, 2014
We give other clubs stick for operating unsustainably, but losing upwards of £10m per year just to keep competitive at this level shows the lengths all club's and their owners have to go to these days.

TB lent the club another £17 million and bought £11 million of new shares.

Further evidence that he's totally committed.

El P
Aren't these the consolidated accounts for the holding company and not those for the football club entity (ie BHAFC Ltd) that is the member of the Football League and has to comply with the rules/regulations of that organisation - eg FFP?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
We give other clubs stick for operating unsustainably, but losing upwards of £10m per year just to keep competitive at this level shows the lengths all club's and their owners have to go to these days.

...and some

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
El P
Aren't these the consolidated accounts for the holding company and not those for the football club entity (ie BHAFC Ltd) that is the member of the Football League and has to comply with the rules/regulations of that organisation - eg FFP?

Holding company by looks of it. But I'll check up later.

Off to do some TV and radio interviews locally about the Chinese investment in Citeh, but will get my big magnifying glass out later on the Albion numbers!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Yep. The madness of the Championship. And a season in the top division ........... and it is transformed.

Championship losses were £250 million in 2014, compared to PL profits of about the same.

The new TV deal in 2016/17 will make PL profits rise significantly.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
I think he has done both the 11 and 17 million, but will check out later

Yes, it could be that he's converted debt into equity post year-end or put in additional equity. Re-reading the accounts, it's more likely that it's additional funding, but it's possible that it isn't. Either way - it's a minimum of an extra £17m , and could be £28m.

SAC

May 21, 2014
I'm actually impressed the club have submitted their accounts four months before the deadline.

Could be wrong, but I think that company accounts have to be filed before the end of December.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
It is bloomin' great. Even financial ignoramuses like me are interested enough to read. And I look forward to reading the proper analysis.

(btw - what are the Intangibles that have reduced by £1.3M and why are we holding a lot more stock ?)

The reduction in intangibles is the other side of the profit made on player sales. If you no longer have those players, the balance sheet value you ascribed to them have to come off the balance sheet.

I noticed the increase in stock too. I don't know what it is - a guess would be shop stock...

rool

Jul 10, 2003
I noticed the increase in stock too. I don't know what it is - a guess would be shop stock...

It is an increase in retail stock so I reckon so too. A whopping increase on the previous year but maybe just a timing difference based on being invoiced just before the year end to tie in with the VAT quarter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here